Humphries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Humphries

Will Humphries be traded by the deadline and if so for what or whom?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Humphries

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he will most likely get traded for a 1st round pick.

Right now Humpy has the most trade value because of his good play the last few weeks.

Some here refuse to believe that the Celts can get a 1st round pick for Humpy.

Playoff teams will want a player like Humpy heading into the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

What?

You just criticized Hump for Bynum and a pick or Zeller but now you are saying Hump is valuable and will bring a 1st rd pick ... what gives??????   Nobody will give up too much for the $6MM savings in Bynum's contract w/o getting something back like a pick or young prospect. And if you think the Cavs want that $6MM savings more than a vet player to help them succeed in the playoffs you're cracked. And, we could always add Bogans to that deal or Lee and they can rid themselves of Waiters if they still want to dump him.

Re: bynum and 1st rd

posted at 1/3/2014 10:30 AM EST

• Fierce34
    • First: 12/2/2009
    • Last: 1/3/2014

In response to R9R's comment:

I thought you understood how this work?

The Cavs can protect the pick so that if the trade helps them become a playoff team, then they sacrifice the pick. If it doesn't and they sink into the lottery, they get to keep the pick this year...

Pick protection mitigates that "risk"

Like I said, the Cavs will not give up a pick or Zeller.

If you don't believe me then we'll find out next week.

But I'm telling you now, we're not getting Zeller or a protected pick from Cleveland.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

It's hard to say. Hump is playing really well so teams will be interested, but he also makes a lot of money, which means we have to take some salary back. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's hard to say. Hump is playing really well so teams will be interested, but he also makes a lot of money, which means we have to take some salary back. 

[/QUOTE]

Actually it is an expiring deal. Teams always want to trade for a guy who makes a lof of money and comes off the books.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually it is an expiring deal. Teams always want to trade for a guy who makes a lof of money and comes off the books.

[/QUOTE]

Including us!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please keep him. He can rebound and score.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

If tonight's game is the basis for getting a 1st round pick for Humpy, it's a no-brainer for playoff teams to sacrifice their 2014 1st rounder for Humpy.

[/QUOTE]

If they need a rotation PF. Most playoff teams don't, that is why they are playoff teams.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If they need a rotation PF. Most playoff teams don't, that is why they are playoff teams.

[/QUOTE]

Portland doesn't have a PF on the bench better than Humpy.

[/QUOTE]

Would they give up a first round pick for a guy to back up Aldridge though? I agree with you that if any playoff team had a big that was injured they would potentially give up a pick for Humphries, I just don't see it happening as things stand now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

all i know is some playoff team is going to love humphries.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right now Humpy has the most trade value because of his good play the last few weeks.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

If tonight's game is the basis for getting a 1st round pick for Humpy, it's a no-brainer for playoff teams to sacrifice their 2014 1st rounder for Humpy.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he's worth the 19th pick in  a good draft...do it Danno...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Would they give up a first round pick for a guy to back up Aldridge though? I agree with you that if any playoff team had a big that was injured they would potentially give up a pick for Humphries, I just don't see it happening as things stand now.

[/QUOTE]

Portland traded their 2014 1st rounder to the Bobcats.

Agree with you that right now nothing will be happening.

But it's a different story at the traded deadline.

Kris Humphries trade value will rise on or before the trade deadline.

It will be a golden opportunity to cash in.

[/QUOTE]

I am sure this is an idiotic idea, but with Horford going down and the Hawks still playing "pretty well", might they be willing to let us have the Nets pick straight up? Is this even a possibility? Now, they more than likely would not give up that pick and keep their own but maybe Hawks management thinks the Nets will turn their season around and possibly move out of the Lottery?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed..

[/QUOTE]

Right now he is our best player and he has a exping contract.He is a keeper.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I must admit Hump has been a decent addition to this team. Hump is 27 and is not going get 12 mil per after this year. Is it possible to trade Hump for a pick or young player and then sign him this offseason for like 6 mil?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I must admit Hump has been a decent addition to this team. Hump is 27 and is not going get 12 mil per after this year. Is it possible to trade Hump for a pick or young player and then sign him this offseason for like 6 mil?

[/QUOTE]

2011 CBA: If a player is traded and subsequently waived by his new team, he cannot re-sign with his original team for one year following the trade or until July 1 after the last season of the player's contract, whichever is earlier.

Not sure that that applies to a player that isn't waived by his new team and becomes a FA. I suppose the old team can negotiate for him as a FA and the new team can use Bird Rts to match. Would seem counterproductive from the Players Union side to limit the number of teams that can bid on a FA.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure which posters Fierce is referencing here. Names?

I refuse to believe the BULLS will trade Boozer and their pick that will be between 12-18 for Humphries and Bogans and Fierce has said could happen.

But I would not be surprised if a contender with a pick in the 20's parts with a pick for Humphries in a deal that also saves them some $.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure which posters Fierce is referencing here. Names?

I refuse to believe the BULLS will trade Boozer and their pick that will be between 12-18 for Humphries and Bogans and Fierce has said could happen.

But I would not be surprised if a contender with a pick in the 20's parts with a pick for Humphries in a deal that also saves them some $.

[/QUOTE]

What's your stance on Hump to Cavs for Bynum and 2014 pick or Zeller?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Seems to me that Humphries is worth more than a pick in the 20's. Couldn't we get more in a trade for him?  I believe Hump and Bradley are the best players on the team right now. With his expiring contract and rebounding ability we should be able to get more than a pick in the 20's. Humphries is a very good player and would help any playoff team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Seems to me that Humphries is worth more than a pick in the 20's. Couldn't we get more in a trade for him?  I believe Hump and Bradley are the best players on the team right now. With his expiring contract and rebounding ability we should be able to get more than a pick in the 20's. Humphries is a very good player and would help any playoff team.

We'd also reduce our team salary by $6MM come Tues after waiving Bynum. Maybe we could get Zeller and that pick from Cavs but that might be asking for too much. I just don't see too many playoff bound teams that will have a pick much higher anyway unless it's a pick from another team that's lottery bound, but who?

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Years/2014.htm

Not sure how up to date this site is right now but they have Cavs currently picking 7th in first round based on current standings so Bynum and their #1 would net us a pretty good player unless Hump gets them winning much more consistently.