I can't believe what I am seeing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: I can't believe what I am seeing

In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : Bill Who? Are you talking about that guy that played in a league with a whopping 9 teams?   "Strongest guy in NBA History"  silly celtic fans
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

When the team only had 9 teams the talent wasn`t diluted. Kareem abdul-Jabbar recently stated that the best basketball was played in the 60s and 70s.I`ll take his opinion over yours any day,sonny.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

LeBron was frustrated in his quest for a championship in Cleveland....I get that. He was a free agent and decided to go to Miami, who already had a title and had a great player in Wade.....great night life for a single dude and terrific weather....no state taxes...I get that as well. He and Bosh colluded with Wade to form a super team...well it was within the rules but I didn't care for it...a precedent was set (remember Boston's big three involved two trades)...."The Decision".....that is where LaBron lost all credibility.....he should've informed Cleveland ownership...and there was no reason to have an hour long show (bad decision by LaBron and ESPN in most fan's opinions)......so he donated his $2.5M (money ESPN handed to him after the show).....the guy is on his way to becoming a billionaire....finally the fireworks show that was supposedly only put on for the fans in Miami? This is what made most fans outside of Miami despise him,,,,an it had to be nationally televised or shown on all the sports shows? PLEASE!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]LeBron was frustrated in his quest for a championship in Cleveland....I get that. He was a free agent and decided to go to Miami, who already had a title and had a great player in Wade.....great night life for a single dude and terrific weather....no state taxes...I get that as well. He and Bosh colluded with Wade to form a super team...well it was within the rules but I didn't care for it...a precedent was set (remember Boston's big three involved two trades)...."The Decision".....that is where LaBron lost all credibility.....he should've informed Cleveland ownership...and there was no reason to have an hour long show (bad decision by LaBron and ESPN in most fan's opinions)......so he donated his $2.5M (money ESPN handed to him after the show).....the guy is on his way to becoming a billionaire....finally the fireworks show that was supposedly only put on for the fans in Miami? This is what made most fans outside of Miami despise him,,,,an it had to be nationally televised or shown on all the sports shows? PLEASE!!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]
    A. an employer can fire you with no moment's notice, plus it doesnt seem mr. gilbert was all that nice of a employer and deserved what he got
    B. the heat just pulled off the biggest nba free agent coup in history, they felt like celebrating...sue em
    C. i think i get it...most fans around the country have always hated miami sports because they are all mostly new teams...when the marlins win the only thing people point at is attendence, when the heat win, its because they get the calls, when the canes win, its because they have all the best thugs, etc. etc. etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I just saw the last play in slow motion.....once Dirk got to his spot he began his moves...I counted SIX steps from the time he set himself until he took the shot...if it goes in the game is tied....if Miami is only up 1 then Dallas wins..this is another case of  the inept officiating in this league....none of the ref's could see six steps?.....none of them called for traveling as the ball hit the rim and bounced upwards!! ....pretty poor in my opinion...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Casual fans hate this Miami team much the same way they hate the Lakers, and hate LeBron much the same way they hate Kobe...perhaps that is why I am rooting for Miami.  LeBron only "lost credibility" to hypocrites who praised him when he acted the way they wanted him to, and then crucify him when he doesn't.  Snider showed his true colors after The Decision...acting more like a bitter ex-girlfriend than a businessman - not the kind of person who deserved any respect of an advance warning.  This trio is no less deserving of a ring than other champions.  They all sacrificed personal status to give themselves the best chance to win.  They are brash about their talents and success, which is completely opposite of the political correctness attitude that permeates every aspect of society.  You might hate it.  I find it honest and refreshing.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]The refs miss/refuse to call a slew of violations on the floor. ...
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

I hate to admit it, but this is a good post. In todays NBA almost every call or non call is an error: Lose-ball fouls on rebounds, flops, travelling, back-court violations, up and downs, the whistles after a 24s violation and lets not start about the technicals ... The refs seem to just flip the coin. The odds are better for the home team and some of the mega stars (espacially with the Ts), but besides that is not about the league beeing fixed. It is the league beeing really bad officiated. Maybe the game became to fast or the refs are to old. But sth. has to change. Either they rewatch every position or they just let the players play ball and just concentrate on the obvious calls.

The jokes about flopping in soccer becomes ridicoulus compared to the modern NBA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

First: 7/5/2009
    Last: 6/6/2011
    I just saw the last play in slow motion.....once Dirk got to his spot he began his moves...I counted SIX steps from the time he set himself until he took the shot...if it goes in the game is tied....if Miami is only up 1 then Dallas wins..this is another case of  the inept officiating in this league....none of the ref's could see six steps?.....none of them called for traveling as the ball hit the rim and bounced upwards!! ....pretty poor in my opinion...
    THE DUKE
    -------------------------------------------------
    In my opinion, you should stop watching the NBA altogether then, and start watching the WWE. Then you can come online and blog about how Booker T got robbed by the referree when the referree counted to 3 too fast on the pin. Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : Speak for yourself, sore loser.  The fact is: his credibility will go up exponentially once he garners multiple rings.  But not from so-call basketball fans like yourself who are so full of hate for James that you can't see straight.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Peirce allen and garnett were all on HGH if they would have lost to those clowns???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : A. an employer can fire you with no moment's notice, plus it doesnt seem mr. gilbert was all that nice of a employer and deserved what he got B. the heat just pulled off the biggest nba free agent coup in history, they felt like celebrating...sue em C. i think i get it...most fans around the country have always hated miami sports because they are all mostly new teams...when the marlins win the only thing people point at is attendence, when the heat win, its because they get the calls, when the canes win, its because they have all the best thugs, etc. etc. etc.
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Nothing to hate at all Miami has nothing but a couple of HGH user's that get every call on the planet. Boston has legit teams in every sport. Patriots,Celts,Sox and Bruins let us know when Miami has that OK???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

hedley is a fool that must still be in mourning over the sad state of the celtics. You really do remind of me him/her. Cool

I am not worried about the Lakers, as they still have the same roster that just won back to back titles. I have never worried about the celtics as they have been irrelevant for 24 of the past 25 years. Surprised

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Nope, I like the Lakers roster just fine. Mike Brown will bring in a more defensive mentality and a breath of fresh air which is what the Lakers really need. The Lakers will be back next year stronger than ever. It would be foolish to think that they need an overhaul when this roster just won back to back titles. The celtics "big 3" are older than Kobe, Pau, and Bynum and they even returned back to Finals in 2010 after being eliminated in the 2nd round in 2009.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

hey, we had the same lineup going into the next three years after we won in '08....injuries derailed us...but, of course, the Lakers, with all that young talent won't have to worry about injuries.....what a dreamer....but that is how youngsters analyze things right....?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Kobe and Bynum's knees surely aren't a problem in lakerland. Though, with Gasol you just need to get him a sex change so he doesn't play like a 10 year old girl anymore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]hey, we had the same lineup going into the next three years after we won in '08....injuries derailed us...but, of course, the Lakers, with all that young talent won't have to worry about injuries.....what a dreamer....but that is how youngsters analyze things right....?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Difference being, the Lakers have an all around better team than the 08' celtics. Back to back championships put that to rest. Nice try though. Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can't believe what I am seeing : Difference being, the Lakers have an all around better team than the 08' celtics. Back to back championships put that to rest. Nice try though.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

Tayshawn---Your posts are simplistic and for the most part not worth responding to.  I will try to keep this one, back at you, as my last one until you actually post something worthy of responding to.  In other words, get your game up!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

There was an MJ before there was MJ, and his name was the Big O (Oscar Robertson).  What a player he would be in todays game where you can take steps, run with the ball, double dribble, foul the opposition, and park yourself in the 3 second zone, to name a few violations that the Big O was never allowed to get away with.

The NBA is really part Harlem Globetrotter, WWE, MMA, and Entertainment thrown in with a little basketball.  The Ring Master is David Stern who controls the officials.  There are three officials per game now, there used to be two.  Three is plenty to cover a modern basketball game.  However, with rules that are not evenly enforced, it really doesn't matter.  When a team with so called "super star" players, plays a team that has just very good players, you pretty well know the outcome of the game before it begins.  The game is probably NOT fixed, but it is highly choreographed by the officials.  All one has to do is watch 10 or 20 regular season games a couple of times each, keep some basic stats like who is called for traveling and who isn't, and you will come to a reasonable conclusion of how David Stern has turned this game from basketball to fullishness in about the past 30 years.  When Kevin Mchale (a favorite of mine) was allowed to take that extra step around the basket, that was the beginning of---that is his Signature Move.  When Shaq backed into his defensive opponent and knocked him into the stands--taking 4 to 6 steps (Traveling) before dunking the ball---well that was OK--it was his signature move.  When MJ pushed off Byron Russell and made the winning shot in the 98 NBA Championship against Utah you just knew the officials would swallow their whistles (any other player in that game would have been called for an offensive foul).  When Wade basically threw Rondo to the floor this year dislocating his elbow---what did the league do?  Nothing!  Typical David Stern!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

larry, thanks for the critique, but I get a ton of responses back. I do try and keep it very simple for you celtic fans, as the average celtic fan knows very little about the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]There was an MJ before there was MJ, and his name was the Big O (Oscar Robertson).  What a player he would be in todays game where you can take steps, run with the ball, double dribble, foul the opposition, and park yourself in the 3 second zone, to name a few violations that the Big O was never allowed to get away with. The NBA is really part Harlem Globetrotter, WWE, MMA, and Entertainment thrown in with a little basketball.  The Ring Master is David Stern who controls the officials.  There are three officials per game now, there used to be two.  Three is plenty to cover a modern basketball game.  However, with rules that are not evenly enforced, it really doesn't matter.  When a team with so called "super star" players, plays a team that has just very good players, you pretty well know the outcome of the game before it begins.  The game is probably NOT fixed, but it is highly choreographed by the officials.  All one has to do is watch 10 or 20 regular season games a couple of times each, keep some basic stats like who is called for traveling and who isn't, and you will come to a reasonable conclusion of how David Stern has turned this game from basketball to fullishness in about the past 30 years.  When Kevin Mchale (a favorite of mine) was allowed to take that extra step around the basket, that was the beginning of---that is his Signature Move.  When Shaq backed into his defensive opponent and knocked him into the stands--taking 4 to 6 steps (Traveling) before dunking the ball---well that was OK--it was his signature move.  When MJ pushed off Byron Russell and made the winning shot in the 98 NBA Championship against Utah you just knew the officials would swallow their whistles (any other player in that game would have been called for an offensive foul).  When Wade basically threw Rondo to the floor this year dislocating his elbow---what did the league do?  Nothing!  Typical David Stern!
    Posted by larry1717[/QUOTE]

Do you take time to go blog about Vince McMahon and the WWE also? Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

larry, are you really implying wade tried to hurt rondo?

anything else more ridiculous?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

wade had a nice disdainful look on his face, giving rondo a "get the f off of me" look. "We're going to be super physical". Add all that b.s. up, and wade eliminated our advantage when he swept his feet out on a play that had nothing to do with getting the ball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]wade had a nice disdainful look on his face, giving rondo a "get the f off of me" look. "We're going to be super physical". Add all that b.s. up, and wade eliminated our advantage when he swept his feet out on a play that had nothing to do with getting the ball.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]
    or they tripped over each other's feet

and because the celtics dont play physical right?

anything else?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

leg sweeps are common in collegiate wrestling, mma, and dwayne wade boxing out rajon rondo. Physical plays and chippiness are two different things. No layups vs. Bill Laimbeer. Definitely a chippy play by wade.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]leg sweeps are common in collegiate wrestling, mma, and dwayne wade boxing out rajon rondo. Physical plays and chippiness are two different things. No layups vs. Bill Laimbeer. Definitely a chippy play by wade.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

anything to make you feel better about having a worse team eh chief?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I just saw LaBrons dunk on Sports Nation....it was shown in real time, so it was hard to make an accurate count but I think I saw 5 steps between dribble & dunk....gotta love those refs....can't believe they didn't call it since the game was in Dallas...amazing...must be Miami's year!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

[QUOTE]larry, are you really implying wade tried to hurt rondo? anything else more ridiculous?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

I do not think Wade "cared" whether he injured Rondo or not.  It was a deliberate throw done.  In the old days, Jim Luscotoff would have been inserted into the game by Red Auerbach after a play like that, and Wade probably would have been given a message--a very strong message.  Today's Celtics did next to nothing after that play.  Sad!