I don't believe RR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: I don't believe RR

In Response to Re: I don't believe RR:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : I would like to have seen Pietrus and Bradley in at the end of the game since Ray wasn't getting open.  But, Bradley was hurt and I think Doc was wrong not to have Pietrus on Igudala.   But, I DON'T think having Steimsma, Sasha, nor moore would have made ANY difference and it would likely have hurt us in my opinion.   I think you sub to WIN not to hope that you save yourself for next game.    As for the subs, they are in the NBA because the Celtics gave them a job and short of a bench job with the C's, I don't think Steimsma, Hollins, Sasha, nor Daniels would be in the NBA!  That's how bad our bench is.   We got Steimsma from the NBDL, got Hollins after being waived by multiple teams, got Daniels from retirement, and Sasha after a buy out.  So....tell me why they are in the NBA??? My overriding point, however, is not that Doc coached or didn't coach a good game.  Its that those bench players would not have saved our game.  We lost because our starters just didn't play well with the lead starting in the 2nd qtr and culminating with a missed layup, bad pass, and missed opportunities.....and two fantastic shots by Philly that they wouldn't normally make.   It had nothing to do with Steimer, Sasha, Moore, or Daniels not playing.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Well we agree that the starters faultered for certain. However my point is and never was to put all subs in at once, but to filter them more throughout the game. I did not say they were the best bench players in the league, but they are on the team for a reason. And in short bursts can be effective if only spelling the starters for a break.

I know how hard it is to run up and down the courts night after night, granted I am 42.  KG and Allen are 36 / 37(or soon to be). And they have tons of miles on those legs. Those legs can fatique and it is a factor whether you wish to believe it or not. Have some faith in the bench and they might surprise you and Doc is all I am saying.

Doc can be loyal to a fault. The other night Pietrus hit 2 3pointers and was pulled. Makes no sense. Ray is not the same Ray. Yes he can still hit the 3s but offers nothing on D. And Bradley is hurting as well. All year I preached about using the bench players better so come playoffs they could play a role. But Doc just sticks with that core no matter what and that could prove costly(as we have seen at times).

Believe me, I believe the Cs can win 2 out of the next 3. But when they play poorly I also believe we as fans have just as much right to nit-pick their games as you have a right to stand by their collapse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : Jamez are you saying we can't win, because if Rondo is doing all he can we could very well lose this series.  Nothing is simple and stats do not tell the story. I am praying Rondo can will the Celtics for two more victories and Avery and others will heal some.  Rondo has proven himself a fine player, to go to the status of Celtic greats he needs to lead them to victory in two more games. The troubling thing is I know Rondo will have one signature game, the question is will he do it in two in the next games.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

what about my post led you to believe that i didnt think we could win? i KNOW we WILL win, thats not what the thread was abt..it was about how bad Rondo played, which is a ridiculous statement to make. as for consistency, Rondo has been pretty consistent this post season. 2 triple doubles ALREADY in the playoffs. now, has he had an outstanding triple double each game? no. but he has played well in all but 2 games. wat im saying is fans are getting spoiled and starting to undervalue Rondo's production. 10 pts, 13 assists and 4 rebounds is considered a "bad game" by Rondo to some on this board..when he doesnt score over 15 pts, hes played poorly (even tho he can do a masterful job of getting the ball to everyone else). 

and another thing, i can assure you that its not the next two games that will decide Rondo's legacy as a Celtic. he has done so much for the Celts already and at 26, his career is really just beginning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : what about my post led you to believe that i didnt think we could win? i KNOW we WILL win, thats not what the thread was abt..it was about how bad Rondo played, which is a ridiculous statement to make. as for consistency, Rondo has been pretty consistent this post season. 2 triple doubles ALREADY in the playoffs. now, has he had an outstanding triple double each game? no. but he has played well in all but 2 games. wat im saying is fans are getting spoiled and starting to undervalue Rondo's production. 10 pts, 13 assists and 4 rebounds is considered a "bad game" by Rondo to some on this board..when he doesnt score over 15 pts, hes played poorly (even tho he can do a masterful job of getting the ball to everyone else).  and another thing, i can assure you that its not the next two games that will decide Rondo's legacy as a Celtic. he has done so much for the Celts already and at 26, his career is really just beginning.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    Jamez I get your point. My point is that I think the pressure on Rondo now is enormous.  If he does not play at his highest level we could lose.  Losing to the 76'ers will be a shocking bummer if it were to happen. Rondo in the next three games if it takes that many has to play to classic games in two of the games for us to win. ThE Celtic's legacy is at stake or it ends in the next three game.

So it is clear if Rondo does not play out of his mind we can lose this series, all the pressure is on him. He is our best player. the guy who creates the greatest obstacle for the other team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : Jamez I get your point. My point is that I think the pressure on Rondo now is enormous.  If he does not play at his highest level we could lose.  Losing to the 76'ers will be a shocking bummer if it were to happen. Rondo in the next three games if it takes that many has to play to classic games in two of the games for us to win. ThE Celtic's legacy is at stake or it ends in the next three game. So it is clear if Rondo does not play out of his mind we can lose this series, all the pressure is on him. He is our best player. the guy who creates the greatest obstacle for the other team.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

we do need a good game from him, especially tomorrow night. i expect one, but remember, he has performed huge in bigger stages than this, i have confidence that him, kg and pp will get the job done tomorrow night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Excuses need to be put aside. There is no room for excuses in the playoffs. All the Cs, in one game or another have not produced or played up to their potential. Believe me, I have been accused lately of riding Rondo to hard. And giving others passes. Well, they all stunk for that collapse to occur. Well the ones who werer allowed to play. By far the worse offender had to have been DOC. He watched it all happen and did very little to change the course or outcome. He rode the starters too hard for too long. They were gassed. He has to see that. And he left perfectly able bodies on the bench that may have helped stabalize the game and allowed a much needed breather to the core. So, you can't blame Rondo for this one, he gets some blame, but he had plenty of help for the downfall.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

yes, yes and yes.

doc has done as good a job managing veteran minutes in the post season as lizzy warren has done keeping this indian roots thing from springing out of her closet during an election year.

it mystifies me as to HOW KG can log 40 minutes in a game that we led by 15 for half of it..... ???  Steamer with ZERO MINUTES- did he get run over by a transit bus right before the game??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : they dont say Rondo THINKS hes the smartest since Cousy, they say Rondo IS the smartest since Cousy, and according to Doc and most coaches and players in the league, he's one of the smartest players in the league, def the smartest on the Celtics team. i just dont get why fans think they know more than the players and coaches that are around the game for a living. and ppl need to stop with the TO's..he has the ball on every single offensive possession. it all starts with him and usually ends with him. so to not expect him to commit a turnover every now and then is unreasonable.

around about when is the smartest player in the world going to realize that freebies over mid 50%'s is part of playing a 'smart' game?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The difference is the 17 free thow disparity, obviously. 

How many of you guys think that the c's will win tonight if the 6rs shoot 17 more free thows again?  What if the c's shot 17 more ft's?  Would you give phili a chance?

I just can't believe some people remain in denail when it's SO SO obvious the nba is trying to stretch these series.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Did you see Greg with the deer in the headlight look last time he played??  He clearly is a good player but he looks lost in the playoffs and Hollins size is better for us. Everything else you said doesnt even deserve mentioning or answering.
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

i see hollins with a glazed look in his eyes on transition D a lot, thinking HE should stop the ball instead of guarding the hoop.  i also see him not getting rebounds or blocks very much.  steamer gets blocks at least.  i'm not a huge fan of either but since they both stink, why go with just one.  spread it around.

i'm glad you agree that FT% incompetence in a "smart" point guard is so unimportant.  it's why RR won't put his head down and get us two the hard way like tiny archibald did...  when it needed to be done to keep momentum from going too far the other way. both me, tiny and every older celts fan who knew they could always count on the PG to nail some FT's- we're all nuts and out of style.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : i see hollins with a glazed look in his eyes on transition D a lot, thinking HE should stop the ball instead of guarding the hoop.  i also see him not getting rebounds or blocks very much.  steamer gets blocks at least.  i'm not a huge fan of either but since they both stink, why go with just one.  spread it around. i'm glad you agree that FT% incompetence in a "smart" point guard is so unimportant.  it's why RR won't put his head down and get us two the hard way like tiny archibald did...  when it needed to be done to keep momentum from going too far the other way. both me, tiny and every older celts fan who knew they could always count on the PG to nail some FT's- we're all nuts and out of style.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]Yes, I agree. But why is Rondo such a streaky shooter.  Some games he actually shoots very well.  Is it mental or physical or a combination.  Reggie Miller or Kenny the Jet or somebody else said he had large hands and should shoot more with his finger tips.  ??? Its a mystery. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : Yes, I agree. But why is Rondo such a streaky shooter.  Some games he actually shoots very well.  Is it mental or physical or a combination.  Reggie Miller or Kenny the Jet or somebody else said he had large hands and should shoot more with his finger tips.  ??? Its a mystery. 
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

Compared to whom?

What other NBA PG gets a steady diet of uncontested 12 to 15 foot jumpers?

Whens the last time R9R hit a contested shot of any sort?

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : Compared to whom? What other NBA PG gets a steady diet of uncontested 12 to 15 foot jumpers? Whens the last time R9R hit a contested shot of any sort? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

What other NBA pg is averaging 13 dimes and 6 boards in the playoffs?

We get it.  He can't shoot well. Do you get how talented he is in other areas?

Averaging 16, 13 and 6 in the playoffs. Bradley is averaging 7, 2 and 1.  Yet people want to make things about Rondo.  Funny stuff.

Derp.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : What other NBA pg is averaging 13 dimes and 6 boards in the playoffs? We get it.  He can't shoot well. Do you get how talented he is in other areas? Averaging 16, 13 and 6 in the playoffs. Bradley is averaging 7, 2 and 1.  Yet people want to make things about Rondo.  Funny stuff. Derp.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

crickets. wen you ask pud to address the other parts of Rondos game, the parts that he is ELITE in, you wont get a response. interesting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : around about when is the smartest player in the world going to realize that freebies over mid 50%'s is part of playing a 'smart' game?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

he has already acknowledged the need to get better from the free throw line. so now a players basketball intelligence is based purely on how good he is at something? oh okay.

also interesting how you brought up one of his few flaws to dispute him being a smart player. ill stick with Doc's opinion on this one. oh, and kg's. and paul's. and ray's. and keyon's. and every other coach in the league that continuously says Rondo is one of the smartest players they have been around.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : Yup....Dooling, Steimsma, Hollins, or Marquis would have slowed down the Sixers run!!!   Are you serious?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Pietrus.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : purely based on eyes, and statistics, Rondo had a very good game the other night. the only problem was his turnovers, and it wasnt 7 as you stated, it was 4. everything else Rondo did, he did well, he shot the ball well, passed the ball well, rebounded well, kept everyone involved while keeping aggressive, pushed the ball up the floor, scored in the 4th when noone else was doing it..wat else did the guy have to do?? i admit he didnt have a perfect game, but he had a very good game that us fans are starting to GREATLY undervalue. 15 assists has become super normal. he grabs 8 rbs and ppl down even raise an eyebrow. its a joke.

I think you a missing some of my point.  Game two the Celtics with and yes Rondo had seven turnovers and your team was lucky to win a one point game.  I am just saying stats can be decieving.  Just like Kobe scoring 38 pts on 35 shots. I am not saying he is not a great player, simply saying he has flaws too and stats are not everything. If he wants to be the star he has to finish it off , not just put up stats. When everything is going bad late that is when the superstars do their thing. RR having the ball in his hands most of the time he has to produce at the end of games. No one else can do it unless they have the ball.  You just have him on too high a pedistal and you take it too personal. Most know how good he is. If I have upset you like I have seen many times on this board i apologize.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : I think you a missing some of my point.  Game two the Celtics with and yes Rondo had seven turnovers and your team was lucky to win a one point game.  I am just saying stats can be decieving.  Just like Kobe scoring 38 pts on 35 shots. I am not saying he is not a great player, simply saying he has flaws too and stats are not everything. If he wants to be the star he has to finish it off , not just put up stats. When everything is going bad late that is when the superstars do their thing. RR having the ball in his hands most of the time he has to produce at the end of games. No one else can do it unless they have the ball.  You just have him on too high a pedistal and you take it too personal. Most know how good he is. If I have upset you like I have seen many times on this board i apologize.
    Posted by lakerfaker[/QUOTE]

haha im not upset, your post explained more on what you were trying to say.

everyone thinks that i think Rajon is this perfect player who can do no wrong, and i dont at all. i know he has flaws, i know he gets careless with the ball at times, i know he needs to work on his free throw shooting, and i know when he is passive his shooting isnt that great either. 

but what i also know is that he is greatly overcriticized on this board. it goes way overboard to the point where, in order for him to get credit he basically has to have a historic triple double each game. his assist numbers are insane, first off, INSANE. yet noone blinks at a 14 or 15 assist performance nemore, bc he has done it so many times. he is the BEST passer in the NBA, yet noone thinks that matters or is an accomplishment in its own. he is a top 2 rebounding point guard in the NBA, again, means nothing. He can get to the basket anytime he wants, yet it doesnt matter bc its not a jumpshot. he calls the defensive and offensive sets during the game, not alot of players get that right, its almost ALWAYS the coach..yet people act like he is not a smart player. 

that is what gets me fired up on this board, the disrespect and disregard shown for his game, while others on the team continually get a pass. if everyone was receiving equal criticism for mistakes, i would be okay. But tis not the case. i feel like Rajon is judged on a game by game basis, and its not right for a guy thats already done so much for the team at only 26. He is the best and most important player on our team, but he is not seen as a "sure celtic." by this i mean, if he had a couple bad games tonite and wed and the celts lost the series, the calling for him to be traded in the offseason would be ENORMOUS. yet, if KG, or Paul, or AB have bad games? shrug.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't believe RR : haha im not upset, your post explained more on what you were trying to say. everyone thinks that i think Rajon is this perfect player who can do no wrong, and i dont at all. i know he has flaws, i know he gets careless with the ball at times, i know he needs to work on his free throw shooting, and i know when he is passive his shooting isnt that great either.  but what i also know is that he is greatly overcriticized on this board. it goes way overboard to the point where, in order for him to get credit he basically has to have a historic triple double each game. his assist numbers are insane, first off, INSANE. yet noone blinks at a 14 or 15 assist performance nemore, bc he has done it so many times. he is the BEST passer in the NBA, yet noone thinks that matters or is an accomplishment in its own. he is a top 2 rebounding point guard in the NBA, again, means nothing. He can get to the basket anytime he wants, yet it doesnt matter bc its not a jumpshot. he calls the defensive and offensive sets during the game, not alot of players get that right, its almost ALWAYS the coach..yet people act like he is not a smart player.  that is what gets me fired up on this board, the disrespect and disregard shown for his game, while others on the team continually get a pass. if everyone was receiving equal criticism for mistakes, i would be okay. But tis not the case. i feel like Rajon is judged on a game by game basis, and its not right for a guy thats already done so much for the team at only 26. He is the best and most important player on our team, but he is not seen as a "sure celtic." by this i mean, if he had a couple bad games tonite and wed and the celts lost the series, the calling for him to be traded in the offseason would be ENORMOUS. yet, if KG, or Paul, or AB have bad games? shrug.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]I agree. Rondo is a great player. He is not perfect.  A little criticism about him would be okay.  You're right: he gets picked on too much.  He should be appreciated for his overall game.