I don't think it matters, so....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I don't think it matters, so....

Heard an interview with Union President Derek Fisher yesterday.  Seems the owners want a 10 year deal, with 900 million in roll back salaries.  Seems the players want a  5 year deal with 500 million in roll back salaries.  Seems the owners want non-or partially guaranteed contracts...........players say no way.  Seems the owners  want to share 57% of the profits with the players.....seems the players only want to reduce salaries 57%.

It is not good, according to Mr. Fisher.  There will probably be a lockout - SO.........that being the case, I think the Celtics should seriously consider taking Nikola Mirotic with the 25th pick.  He can't play this year anyway, is said to have lottery-level talent.  Maybe buy him out next year, and he becomes our stretch 4 (kid can shoot!!)
    Sign Aaron Gray and Jamal Crawford as FA's.  Get something for Baby and take our chances IF there is a season!

But, I don't think it matters who we are looking at right now!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: I don't think it matters, so....

In Response to I don't think it matters, so....:
    [QUOTE]Heard an interview with Union President Derek Fisher yesterday.  Seems the owners want a 10 year deal, with 900 million in roll back salaries.  Seems the players want a  5 year deal with 500 million in roll back salaries.  Seems the owners want non-or partially guaranteed contracts...........players say no way.  Seems the owners  want to share 57% of the profits with the players.....seems the players only want to reduce salaries 57%. It is not good, according to Mr. Fisher.  There will probably be a lockout - SO.........that being the case, I think the Celtics should seriously consider taking Nikola Mirotic with the 25th pick.  He can't play this year anyway, is said to have lottery-level talent.  Maybe buy him out next year, and he becomes our stretch 4 (kid can shoot!!) Sign Aaron Gray and Jamal Crawford as FA's.  Get something for Baby and take our chances IF there is a season! But, I don't think it matters who we are looking at right now!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a shortened season this year or maybe don't even play the entire season.  Similar to what is happening in the NFL.  Although, I expect the NFL situation will be settled soon. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

The NFL is not going to miss out on making any money from what I heard last night and today.

The NBA will take some time, but will eventually get a deal done at the last minute so everyone will still get paid.

It's all about the Benjamins, folks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: I don't think it matters, so....:
    [QUOTE]The NFL is not going to miss out on making any money from what I heard last night and today. The NBA will take some time, but will eventually get a deal done at the last minute so everyone will still get paid. It's all about the Benjamins, folks.
    Posted by koberulz[/QUOTE]

Hope so, but don't see it - they are too many Benjamins apart - and don't even agree on the numbers!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I also hope that some type of agreement can be made.  I would really hate if the NBA missed any games or missed the entire season.