I feel bad for Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: I feel bad for Rondo

In Response to Re: I feel bad for Rondo:
    [QUOTE]Doc should rest Rondo for a solid week and start West, with Carlos giving help at times.  West is our best all around guard but Rondo is our starter and can lead us to another championship, but most good point guards would look great with the big three plus Davis , West , and Green.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

You might be surprised at how well we play if West started.  I bet we would do well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Pud, I'm starting to worry about your mental health.  First you were thinking that you were a psychiatrist, now you believe that you are a medical doctor.

Since you obviously know nothing about plantar fasciitis, I suggest that you keep quiet and learn something from those who do.  Having lived with PF for almost a year, and read everything about that I could find, I have some knowledge of the subject.

PF, as JayShizzle remarked above, doesn't necessarily get worse by playing on it.  It's extremely painful, but if you can stand the pain, you can play.  It does, however, sometimes get worse, then somewhat better, then worse, etc.  There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for the ups and downs.  

Rondo's play has been somewhat up and down more than normal all season, but in the last couple of weeks it has significantly worsened.  My own case was somewhat similar.  After the onset of PF, I was still able to play tennis, despite the pain, for several months, without it's getting worse, but I wasn't able to play all out.  Then, it suddenly did get worse, and I couldn't play at all.  Walking across a room, even with the boot on, was agony.  I tried the boot and rest for several months, but the condition didn't improve.  Then I took cortisone, tried acupuncture, and did physical therapy.  During all that, I was still wearing the boot night and day.   After six months, the condition started to get better.  After about three months of improvement, I was able to start moving around a bit on the tennis court,using a ball machine.  Eventually, I was able to resume playing - all together, it was about a year of pain.

Anyone who has ever suffered from PF will tell you that the pain severely diminishes what you can do.  Even playing pick-up basketball at the local Y would be unthinkable for a normal person.  From what I've read, and gone through myself, Rondo's ability to play with the pain of PF is remarkable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo is not an egomaniac, nor is he unable to evaluate himself.  Once again, the haters turn to fake psychoanalysis to justify their ignortant criticisms. Rondo is hurt.  KG has now verified what most of us suspected.  Rondo has plantar fasciitis, which is extremely painful.  That he is still playing NBA basketball is a testament to his heart.    Sitting him down for a few days or a week or a month is very unlikely to cure the condition or lessen the pain.  The usual treatment consists of wearing a special "boot" for up to six months, and avoiding putting any pressure on the inflamed tendon.   The Celtics team doctor has no doubt told Doc that even a few weeks of rest is unlikely to overcome the condition.  That's why Doc has continued to use Rondo, hoping that the inflamation wouldn't get worse.  Unfortunately, it has.  
    Posted by jerrycole[/QUOTE]

It is not new news that he is playing with PF, he has been all year, just like a few years ago when Perk played through it for a full year.

Rondo's poor play coincided when Doc told him to start attacking the rim more and getting to the foul line and shooting more.  It took him out of his comfort zone and he can't cope with it.  Doc basically said we want you to be a complete player and Rondo being a complete egomaniac believing he is the best point guard in the leauge could not even begin to imagine he is not the most complete point guard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I dont know the extent of Rondo's PF, cuz I got it from a motorcycle accident..but let me tell you...I couldnt even think about any acitivites....When you wake up its the worse..unless you sleep with that akward boot that makes your sleeping uncomfortable.  Now, If I was a mutli millioniare ball Player, I may consider toughing it out, because you dont risk your foot falling off if you play it just wont heal as quick...  Mine took exactly 3 months to heal, and that was just with walking from my car to work...maybe a an 1/16 of a mile, and that was painful....I wore one of those insoles to ease the pain, but it was still there...one day a few months later, I just noticed I wasnt walking on my tippy toes anymore...its the inflamation that causes pain, but no real treatment for it..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I dont know the extent of Rondo's PF, cuz I got it from a motorcycle accident..but let me tell you...I couldnt even think about any acitivites....When you wake up its the worse..unless you sleep with that akward boot that makes your sleeping uncomfortable.

Jay----The truth will show up soon.

Here is my take:
       If he can RUN - JUMP - TWIST - DRIBBLE SIDEWAYS UP AND DOWN,
       there is no reason for him to use "hurting" as a scapegoat.
    I'm only guessing, I have no proof but my gut feeling 
    RONDO WAS IN MOODY BLUES.

If there is an indication or proof he was using his mood to hurt the team,
        Things will come down hard on him --- include me!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Im sure Rondo is scared of your repurcussions...but He is a winner, I dont think he is pouting...if he was, how do you explain him not going to hoop or rebounding...its physical!  I just dont see how people write off our star pg as not putting the effort, on the contrary he is putting too much effort for that injury already..the fact he isnt shooting is fine with me.  Now if Doc does not try to rest him and he plays this bad in the playoffs, I will believe that and we will have to hope Delonte cant step up..im not sold on Arroyo just yet...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Rondo's hurt, hes like an over the hill running back right now he lost that step and hes pretty much done. When a player of rondo's skill set loses that athletism and explosiveness hes done, he doesnt have the jumper to offset his lost step such as a steve nash or a chris paul, those guys lose a step from age or injury and they are still effective offensive players, when rondo loses that step, he can no longer drive and dish , finish at the hoop, rebound. All a big part of rondos game. Now hes basically a not so quick pg without a jump shot. Not a good combination and thats exactly what we have witnessed these last couple of weeks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Rondo's hurt, hes like an over the hill running back right now he lost that step and hes pretty much done. When a player of rondo's skill set loses that athletism and explosiveness hes done, he doesnt have the jumper to offset his lost step such as a steve nash or a chris paul, those guys lose a step from age or injury and they are still effective offensive players

Sorry...but the guy on his prime -- no age scapegoat here....not yet

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I feel bad for Rondo : It is not new news that he is playing with PF, he has been all year, just like a few years ago when Perk played through it for a full year. Rondo's poor play coincided when Doc told him to start attacking the rim more and getting to the foul line and shooting more.  It took him out of his comfort zone and he can't cope with it.  Doc basically said we want you to be a complete player and Rondo being a complete egomaniac believing he is the best point guard in the leauge could not even begin to imagine he is not the most complete point guard.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Not only is Rondo an egomaniac but we have a complete egomaniac scouring the stats at 82games.com looking for absolute proof that Rondo is indeed the most complete PG in the NBA... and when his numbers-crunching fails to make the case, then he cries out that Rondo must now be debilitated with  excruciating PF.

No other reasonable/logical explanation.

Certainly couldn't be stress/psychosomatic goings on with our headstrong, sometimes uncoachable PG.

Right, J/C?

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Occam's razor, Pud, Occam's razor.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

good post gman!  Hit on right on the head

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

che

Hes obvisouly in his prime at 25, but what I was saying as a HURT player he is equivalent to an over the hill running back that lost the step. The good news for rondo is hell be able to heal and get back to the old rondo, but thats got to start with doc.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Gman,
    You get my vote to.  I think RR clearly is not penetrating and disrupting as he does in his game when right.  He now passes errantly and seems out of sync with the players on the floor. He forces passes and turns the ball over frequently.  It must be the pain of the injury.

Can he get back to his game which is so destructive to other teams?   It seems he needs to get off the floor and find out emotionally or physically how to get around his debilitating problem at this time.  West and Arroyo can play and then maybe Rondo can come in get his mojo back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Most players dont want out of a game when hurt. Can you imagine a headstrong,proud,stubborn guy like rondo. Forget about it.  Doc CAN NOT wait for Rondo to say something he must take him out so he can heal up, right now is a perfect opportunity with delonte coming back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Most players dont want out of a game when hurt. Can you imagine a headstrong,proud,stubborn guy like rondo. Forget about it.  Doc CAN NOT wait for Rondo to say something he must take him out so he can heal up, right now is a perfect opportunity with delonte coming back.  
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

Anyone who hits half of his FTs or less and has wide open 12-15 foot looks all day that he turns down... certainly must have some pride issues.

No other PG in the NBA gets that... or would want that dishonor.

Stubborn and headstrong I certainly would agree with...

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Pud, i certainly hope that your not trying to say that Rondo hasnt done anything to be proud of..or that he shouldnt be proud of his abilities.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

2 time all star and all nba 1ST TEAM Defense he should be ashamed of himself. 
    And on top of it those damn opposing coaches keep voting for him. What do they know? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]2 time all star and all nba 1ST TEAM Defense he should be ashamed of himself.  And on top of it those damn opposing coaches keep voting for him. What do they know? 
    Posted by gman101019[/QUOTE]

We are nearing the end of year 5 and his weaknesses, which are obvious and significant, are nowhere near being corrected - if anything they are the same as they were 5 years ago.....

Coaches voting for him?  Yeah, give him Toronto's 4 starters and he would get ZERO, ZERO, ZERO votes..........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

he doesnt get voted based on the other big 3. if that was the case he would have been a allstar in the banner year, and mario chalmers would be an allstar this year. dont be stupid.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

and Dudder just said that Rondo is the same player he was 5 years ago..HE HASNT IMPROVED AT ALL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo was the mvp of this team just weeks ago.  What he is now is a player who is a shell of his former self just weeks ago.  This doesn't happen unless a player has some serious health or off-court problem.  It is not just a slump it is more serious. He is a player with no scoring ability right now. Ironically his friend Perk was always like that.