I GUARANTEE CELTICS BEAT KNICKS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I GUARANTEE CELTICS BEAT KNICKS!

Forget about March Madness for a day and watch the Celtics dismantle the fading Knicks. Yup, you heard it here first.

Celtics are back! Watch them defend the three, play tenacious interior defense and shoot the lights out! See Melo stink up the court!

Tune in tomorrow - , same bat-time, same bat-channel!

Thoughts on the matchup?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: I GUARANTEE CELTICS BEAT KNICKS!

Right on Beavis. I think last nights win against N.O was a big confidence booster. The C's get a much needed day off today and they will be ready for business tomorrow in the Big Apple. Go Celtics. Maybe Shaq will play tomorrow. If not tomorrow, the first game back in Bean Town.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Knicks may have mad a bad trade for Melo. I know many experts say do w/e to get a superstar cause there are tons of replacement role players around to fill in.

I look at it different. Knicks were the 2nd highest scoring team in the NBA. Their players like Galinari all fit the Dantoni system, could all shoot.  Melo is lazy defensively..

So for the 2nd highest scoring team in the NBA, how much better offensively can Melo make them? What they really lacked was defense and an inside presence. Now theyre even weaker personnel wise. 

THey are the NY HEat only with lesser superstars than Miami...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I sure hope the Celts come out with fire.  They are clearly capable and if Shaq plays, maybe that will fir them up. 

As for the Knicks, Karl, I see them a little differently than you.  I understand your well made points, but in crunch time, Galinari and the other guys just don't compare to Carmelo.  He's a more effective scorer and on a team where they value scoring, he'll suit them well.  Remember he played in a lot of run and gun type ball in Denver so an up tempo game is not going to suffer because Carmelo is there but a slow down playoff game is where he'll help even more (and he gets to the line 9th most in the league (Amare is 8th).  So the knicks will do better in the playoffs.

Also, unlike Miami where Wade and Lebron have almost the same "gotta have the ball" game, Carmelo and Amare have different games and can complement each other.

Also, for the gate, Carmelo is a big draw.  The Knicks now have 2 legit stars and a potential hall of fame PG to guide them.  They won't win a championship, but they will cause a lot of noise and then bring in more role players.

Eventually, they will have to change coaches because D'Antoni cannot win a championship with his style.  If they get the players, he will get fired and they'll bring in a real coach and be serious challengers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yes we need shaq to fire them up.

We need a monster start from Kristic and the all-stars... put them down a quick 7-8 first 5 mins.

Then Shaq and Green can come in for Kristic and Pierce, play for 4 mins, get Rondo energized, leave with a 10-12 point lead. Knicks starters will either be tiring or on the bench by the time Kristic, Delonte, Baby and Paul join Green at the end of the quarter to snuff out any comebacks.

Repeat that in quarters 2 and 3. Rest everyone in 4th. Bam.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: I GUARANTEE CELTICS BEAT KNICKS!:
    [QUOTE]I sure hope the Celts come out with fire.  They are clearly capable and if Shaq plays, maybe that will fir them up.  As for the Knicks, Karl, I see them a little differently than you.  I understand your well made points, but in crunch time, Galinari and the other guys just don't compare to Carmelo.  He's a more effective scorer and on a team where they value scoring, he'll suit them well.  Remember he played in a lot of run and gun type ball in Denver so an up tempo game is not going to suffer because Carmelo is there but a slow down playoff game is where he'll help even more (and he gets to the line 9th most in the league (Amare is 8th).  So the knicks will do better in the playoffs. Also, unlike Miami where Wade and Lebron have almost the same "gotta have the ball" game, Carmelo and Amare have different games and can complement each other. Also, for the gate, Carmelo is a big draw.  The Knicks now have 2 legit stars and a potential hall of fame PG to guide them.  They won't win a championship, but they will cause a lot of noise and then bring in more role players. Eventually, they will have to change coaches because D'Antoni cannot win a championship with his style.  If they get the players, he will get fired and they'll bring in a real coach and be serious challengers.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

If they get Deron Williams/CP3 and can somehow add a rim defender type, like a Noah/Chandler/Perk to let Amare play PF then they can win w/ D'Antoni.

I agree they have more of a complementary duo than Wade/James are. They traded two quarters (chandler/randolph) 2 dimes (mosgov/draft pick) and a 50 cent piece (Gallinari) for a dollar (Melo).

Wade should have signed w/ Bulls and played w/ Rose-Deng-Boozer-Noah in his hometown. Scary thought that Wade basically could have signed for the Korver/Brewer/Watson $.

LeBron should have been a man and not a teen who wanted to have fun on the beach w/ his friends taking the easy way out and stayed in Cleve. Bosh could have accepted the sign and trade there for hickson/Jamison and picks.

Right now the East would have the DOMINANT 70 win Bulls. 2 60-65 win teams in Boston and Cleveland and three 50-55 win clubs in New York, Orlando and Atlanta.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

I GUARANTEE MY GRANDMOTHER'S TEAM BEATS THE KNICKS.. cause amare amnd melo cant cover them either!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The knicks should be a little bit tired from playing the night before!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

It would be sweet if the Celtics dealt out a nice all-around-thumping of the Knicks, instead of another nail biter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]It would be sweet if the Celtics dealt out a nice all-around-thumping of the Knicks, instead of another nail biter.
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping too.  Love to see Spike's face when the Celtics beat down the Knicks! lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Beavis, I HATE guarantees.  I sure hope we come out, play well and get the win.  Actually, I don't think Shaq is necessarily needed for this game.  I would like to see Krstic get alot of looks early against Jeffries or Shelden, whichever one starts at center.  He should be able to take advantage of either of those players (Turiaf too).

We escaped against NO with a win even though some guys are struggling.  I hope Pierce brings his "A" game.  He's been struggling mightily of late.  We will need some offense tonight.

You just don't know which Celtics team will show up from game to game.  When you think the Celtics would be getting things in gear for the playoffs, you see a team as inconsistent as they've been all season.  This just isn't the time for the up and down play, not now!  Hopefully tonight, we'll get the UP.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I also really believe that the Celtics will win tonight.  Although, I also think the game will be close, and will be a win or loss within a few points. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Knicks may have mad a bad trade for Melo. I know many experts say do w/e to get a superstar cause there are tons of replacement role players around to fill in. I look at it different. Knicks were the 2nd highest scoring team in the NBA. Their players like Galinari all fit the Dantoni system, could all shoot.  Melo is lazy defensively.. So for the 2nd highest scoring team in the NBA, how much better offensively can Melo make them? What they really lacked was defense and an inside presence. Now theyre even weaker personnel wise.  THey are the NY HEat only with lesser superstars than Miami...
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

The Heat started 9 and 8 and everyone wrote them off as a sideshow and a joke, etc.  Then they ran off 21 of the next 22.

The Knicks are 7 and 7 since the trade.... hmmmm.

I am not saying they are getting ready to run the table but I think it is premature to call it a bad trade.

Honestly I think the best thing the Knicks could do is lose every remaining game and put themselves into position to get a chance at a high lottery pick so that they can add some talent on the cheap.

One thing that I think many posters ignore is that long after the Cs have become the Cavs or Pistions, the Knicks will have two young stars that they can build around.

Just like the Patriots having this SF 49ers continuous excellence plan - fine if you have Montana with Young waiting in the wings, the Pats have no Young in the waiting.  I think Cs fans think this is also a possibility - just a continual level of excellence and that young stars will both be drafted and come here as free agents and in trades.......

After seeing it for years people still cannot accept it - 4 of the starting 5 Hawks are top ten picks and that is why they are good - when those guys age, get traded, etc. there will be no continuing excellence, they will be the Cavs.

When the Pistions sent 4 guys to the all-star game and won a title - they made some trades, guys left in free agency and they are now one of the worst teams in the league.

It is a cycle people.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Knicks are 7-8 since the Melo trade, as Knicks lost to the Bucks. Knicks scored 9, yes NINE points the first quarter last night...

Melo had one assist last night...wonder if it was to himself...

Again, Beavis states a win tonight...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Wow Beavis, you had Celtic fans scared last night...but with KG dominating the 3rd quarter and PP the fourth, the Vets pulled it off...

It help also when Melo and Amir tanked it the second half...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I agree with the cycle to some extent in terms of the teams that really try, but there are some teams that are always bad.  Lakers have pretty much always been good too, although they did have a couple of slightly above average years there when shaq first left and right before he got there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The defense seemed to scare the Knicks.  IN the second half, you could see how intimidated they were; it caused them to think instead of react. This is typical of teams uncertain of how to play as a team and not just as individuals.  Everyone thinks that they can be the "guy" to carry the day and then it all devolves into one-on-one play.  The Celtics kept at it as a unit in the second half, no matter who was on the floor, and that was the difference and that's why we love this team. They're not waiting for that one player (the rapist?) to just take over - they go into an all out mode that brings everyone into the game, not just one or two. Again, that's why we love this team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The Knicks are going to have to improve their defensive effort in order to have any chance of competing anytime soon.  You can't win many playoff series by outscoring your opponents.  They need an assistant coach that can teach them some defense. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I GUARANTEE CELTICS BEAT KNICKS! : The Heat started 9 and 8 and everyone wrote them off as a sideshow and a joke, etc.  Then they ran off 21 of the next 22. The Knicks are 7 and 7 since the trade.... hmmmm. I am not saying they are getting ready to run the table but I think it is premature to call it a bad trade. Honestly I think the best thing the Knicks could do is lose every remaining game and put themselves into position to get a chance at a high lottery pick so that they can add some talent on the cheap. One thing that I think many posters ignore is that long after the Cs have become the Cavs or Pistions, the Knicks will have two young stars that they can build around. Just like the Patriots having this SF 49ers continuous excellence plan - fine if you have Montana with Young waiting in the wings, the Pats have no Young in the waiting.  I think Cs fans think this is also a possibility - just a continual level of excellence and that young stars will both be drafted and come here as free agents and in trades....... After seeing it for years people still cannot accept it - 4 of the starting 5 Hawks are top ten picks and that is why they are good - when those guys age, get traded, etc. there will be no continuing excellence, they will be the Cavs. When the Pistions sent 4 guys to the all-star game and won a title - they made some trades, guys left in free agency and they are now one of the worst teams in the league. It is a cycle people.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Good post.  From a pure basketball standpoint it was a good trade they will be a better team down the road. Amare has impressed me in adjusting to east coast style of play. They will have  a new coach and GM after the season I just hope it is not IsaiahThomas. He is just bad for the league period. If the Knicks get a mobile big and a quality bench in the offsaeson they will be a very good team

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

you were right Beavis....and we left Carmelo bleeding and Ray Allen's mother consoling that idiot Spike the idiot Lee!