I hope Von Wafer gets a shot at some real playing time this season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I hope Von Wafer gets a shot at some real playing time this season

I hope the Celtics decide to keep Von Wafer and give him some real playing time this season. When he played under Rick Adelmann in Houston, Von Wafer was allowed to run and gun and he made a nice contribution. Isn't he exactly what the Celtics say they are looking for ? An athletic swingman type of player who can shoot the 3  and keep up with Rondo ?

And he's big enough to defend both D Wade and LeBron......(job #1) , Ray Allen can't play forever, no matter how good his conditioning is, surely keeping his minutes under 30 a game instead of playing him 40 every night has to be a priority this season. 

What do you guys think of Von Wafer's game ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Re: I hope Von Wafer gets a shot at some real playing time this season

I think it'd be definitly a big mistake if they let this guy go. Remember before his injury he was starting to be a real contributor in the rotation. He can shoot the three, he  is very athletic, is an explosive dunker, his defense can still improve but he has shown some flashes of good defense. I'd love him to be back in the team.  To me he is a great fit.... shame if he'd go. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I really hope they are able to keep him, but then again I don't want to invest to much money into him, his defense still needs a lot of work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I think Von Wafer is a keeper who now has a year of experience with Doc Rivers expectations. I think he can replace Marquis Daniels as the athletic  swingman , who can run the floor , handle the ball a little bit , pass the ball, and hit open jumperss as well as finish at the rim. 

I'd like to see him compete against the rookie Moore from Purdue and also Sasha Pavlolick (another talented vet) in a full training camp. As much as I love Delonte West on the Celtics, I think I'd rather have Von Wafer backing up Ray Allen and Paul Pierce than Delonte.

I know Delonte is primarily a point guard , but I think Von Wafer should have a crack at all the minutes behind Ray Allen , especially if Ray Allen is going to be limited to 25-28 minutes a game this season....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wafer is a player we should keep around.  He can score inside and out and his defense is underrated.

Doc for some reason did not use him very much and rarely ran plays for the guy when he did play.

Next year maybe different.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I agree with all the posts. I hope also hope that Doc limits Ray's minutes this season and gives Von more playing time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

...what season?
    no bb this year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Where is the directive that states RA will only play 25-28 p/g?  He's a specimen - he's only said he wouldn't be opposed to coming off the bench, but that doesn't necessarily mean drastically reduced minutes.  There are usually rotations, not wholesale unit changes.  I also have no doubt that he'll be playing at the end of nearly every game but blowouts.