I love the Celtics, but Hate the nba.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Super77. Show Super77's posts

Re: I love the Celtics, but Hate the nba.

I read in west team forums the same complain.
    ....that the NBA becoming WWF. I guess not only us wondering & conspiring.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

NBA has crumbled before our eyes into a fixed league. The highest paid and most trained ref's (NBA) apparently cant officiate a game on the level of HS refs. Theres a reason for their apparent incompetence.

The answer is they are not incompetent. They are doing exactly what they set out to do which is sway the game and tilt the table in the direction of their favorite sons.  Its out there right in your face with the NBA saying...what are you going to do about it.... 

Its a bottom line business.. it must be working cause they keep doing it. Lebron merchandise sales must be great, he must bring lots of new viewers to market to. 

Eventually this will all catch up to the NBA some day...when? who knows. But people arent this stupid and sooner or later it will affect the NBA pocketbooks, which is the only thing they pay attention to. Until then, we live with a waterred down product and blatant cheating that the NBA could care less if youre angry about it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Strong circumstantial proof of this thread's key assertion comes from the preseason last year, when the refs were striking and replacement refs called the games. The officiating was even handed and excellent, which I think is one reason the NBA brokered a deal so quickly; the current officiating is often truly embarrasing to the league. Note I am only talking competence, no need to even get into fixed results, etc., to prove that something is wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhiskeyB. Show WhiskeyB's posts

There's no doubt that officiating in the NBA is in a pathetic state. According to Tim Donaghy, David Stern's front office sends directives to the referees before each playoff series regarding how the games should be called. THe refs make a lot of extra money for each playoff game they officiate. THe icing on the cake is that they are then evaluated based on whether they follow those directives and get pulled for someone else if they don't follow them closely enough. What we really need to do is analyze each game from an officiating stand point. There's no doubt the results would show a disturbing pattern of favoritism. David Stern needs to be fired. He has destroyed the integrity of the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhiskeyB. Show WhiskeyB's posts

Bump.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

stupid rule, easy fix

The way to fix this is really simple.  A single team needs to refuse to take the court for a single game.  One team for one game, that's all it would take.  Of course that would never happen so it goes to show the whole thing is a farce.  If I were a player I would arrange with the team to simply refuse to take the court for a single game.  It's not as if they're compelled by law to play if they don't feel like it.  Don Sternleone would get the message loud and clear.  After that the players should strike next season until every single referee is replaced.  Threaten the strike and do a couple more refusals to take the court just to let the league know what is coming if they fail to act.  Sports unions like the NBA Players Associations are one of the very few powerful remaining collective bargaining units.  They should flex their muscle.
    This is the reason Michael Jordan left the game the first time and also the reason his father was executed.  Like Michael Corleone he had to be stashed in Sicily for a couple of years until the heat comes off.  The league is a bunch of degenerate gamblers and piad off chokers.  The Donaghy saga is just tiny taste of the level of criminality and corruption the Don Sternleone crime empire.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Players would never do that. Heck, they wont even speak out to the media for fear of a fine.

Face it, players/coaches keep their mouths shut (unless u have special treatment like Phil & Lebron) cause they are making millions. So they take the garbage because the alternative to playing in the NBA for $$millions is finding a job for $8.25 an hour.

Stern has way too much leverage. The only change comes when the NBA starts losing $$ because of the scam its become. Until then, you can whistle dixie for change

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Karl-Whiskey --- totally agree!

Stern has way too much leverage. The only change comes when the NBA starts losing $$ because of the scam its become. Until then, you can whistle dixie for change

Between Boston parquet & Madison, I watch the Celtics play at least 7-8
    times a year.
    After all these fraud, I bowed not to spend a dime in the gate.

Yep! I love my Celtics...the best I can do for Stern.Yell

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Players would never do that...

Yep, I know.

I once had a boss who always said 'that'll never happen' every time a new project came up.  Eventually they always 'happened'.  Was it last season or the year before they experimented with the nylon ball until the players said enough is enough?  The officiating in the NBA is...I don't know the word.  Lemme put it this way:  the transparent fraud and malfeasance in NBA officiating is embarassing and unacceptable.  If Don Sternleone had even a shred of decency he would resign.  So yeah there is a lot of criminality involved and organized crime underbosses aren't known for their rigorous self examination.  I mean we are talking fraud, larceny, murder...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The Celtics may be good enough to finally win in spite of the NBA, in spite of stars calls, and in spite of variable referee crew calling style changes.

Go Celtics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonjp1234. Show bostonjp1234's posts

The NBA ostracized my boy, Tim Donaghy by calling him a liar and a cheat. The man, despite throwing his fellow fraternal referee buddies under the bus, told the  truth. He exposed David Stern and his "manipulative" league. I watched that Celtics vs. Heat game and I was abhorred by the number of phantom fouls called on the Celtics. This just proves that the NBA puts revenues above the integrity of the sport, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the Miami Heat are a much more marketable team than the Boston Celtics.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Any basketball fan worth his salt

roots for the Celtics.  If you are a fan of another team it just shows how confused you are about sports.  This is why I don't grasp the league marketing agenda.  This is going to backfire badly.  LeBron's new commercials are stupid, and people hate him.  Now he is showing his colors as a selfish dictator.  The league should come back home to Boston.  This is where the tradition lies.  This is where team play was born.  This is where the point guard was invented as well as the fast break.  This is where Red coached and half the Hall OF Fame played.  Oh yeah, and while I'm at it, can we get Mike and Tommy replacing Mark Jackson on national broadcasts?  Tommy's parochialism is preferable to Jackson's 'momma there goes that man' speil.

Three years ago the Celtics 5 GARNETT jersey was #1 in sales.  It should be that way again.  This IS the franchise.  Now stop whining and start demanding respect.  Other teams and fans deserve nothing but contempt and derision.  Where the hell has the pride gone in this town?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

great post shines01.

great posts by everyone.

its all about MONEY. honestly this may sound bad, but i wish nothing but bad upon stern and his greed. this greed is killing the game.  it really makes me mad because basketball is an amazing sport. the moves these guys make are unbelievable.

but........stern only cares about $.  one day he will get wat he deserves. 

someone had the idea of a team refusing to play. thats tough to do, but i would love it if one game where the refs are clearly pushing an agenda, the celtics walk off the court in the middle of the game and refuse to finish the game. that will send the message loud and clear and after they do it, others will do it too.  all it takes is 1 team taking a stand and saying fine us all u want, but we are disgusted by your greed and agenda. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Fans love their players, and they can do no wrong.  Our opponents are terrible and can do no right.  Sounds about Right!

Austin Carr, "Mr. Cavilier", color comentator for the Cavs said during a recent game when Lebron, now with the Heat, charged over a defender:  "For 7 years that was a blocking foul on the other guy  --  Now it is charging on Lebron".

Same play as perceived by a hometown guy  --  when You played for us.  Different when You play for an opponent.

Rule was changed because the Celtics abused the refs, with 107 Tecnicals last year.  When 2nd rate players "WEEP" like All-Stars, something has to change. 

I rather see the rule change than the refs getting pay-back on the TEAM in the play-offs. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: I love the Celtics, but Hate the nba.:
    [QUOTE]great post shines01. great posts by everyone. its all about MONEY. honestly this may sound bad, but i wish nothing but bad upon stern and his greed. this greed is killing the game.  it really makes me mad because basketball is an amazing sport. the moves these guys make are unbelievable. but........stern only cares about $.  one day he will get wat he deserves.  someone had the idea of a team refusing to play. thats tough to do, but i would love it if one game where the refs are clearly pushing an agenda, the celtics walk off the court in the middle of the game and refuse to finish the game. that will send the message loud and clear and after they do it, others will do it too.  all it takes is 1 team taking a stand and saying fine us all u want, but we are disgusted by your greed and agenda. 
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Do the disgusted Celtic players walk off the court and refuse to play when they are ahead in the score or behind in the score?

Tell me exactly how that works?

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Pud

go back to the Nancy Kerrigan fan club