I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW FOR JOINING THE THEO + BELICHICK CLUB!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW!

In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : Shaq, JO, and Krstic will be the new 3-headed monster of the Boston Celtics frontline.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Wow...that's a scary lineup. LOL

Like I said at the beginning of the season, Shaq would spend a LOT of time in the trainer's room. And you've gotten even less out of JON! You're gonna need duct tape to keep those guys in the game during the playoffs...that's IF they can make it off the trainers table and onto the court!

Sorry to say, but I think you guys just took a step back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : Wow...that's a scary lineup. LOL Like I said at the beginning of the season, Shaq would spend a LOT of time in the trainer's room. And you've gotten even less out of JON! You're gonna need duct tape to keep those guys in the game during the playoffs...that's IF they can make it off the trainers table and onto the court! Sorry to say, but I think you guys just took a step back.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

A step back is still a step ahead of the Fakers.  Like I said you need to be worrying about the team that hasn't beaten a good team all year. (except the totally injured C's) Sure that one made your highlights.   I told you at the beginning of the year the Spurs and Mavs would take care of the Lakers.  Well I guess you can add the Thunder to that list now.  You should go to a Laker board and worry about your own guys, wee will be fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : You've got to be kidding. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the reaction from the "sunshine pumpers" on this board. But those of you whe are realists know this trade ISN'T guaranteeing any title. Check out the "Ball Don't Lie" article on this trade. Dwyer breaks it down pretty good. This may be a "gutsy" move by Ainge, but it's probably going to blow up in his face. Good luck getting to the finals. And if you do, Bynum and Gasol (and Odom) are going to OWN the boards.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

isn't presuming the fakers in the finals sunshine pumping??? thought so...trade or not, l.a. still looks like crap this year. forget the regular season, you now have okc, dallas and the spurs to worry about. face it your bandwagon babies don't scare anyone. and if you weren't still worried about boston-assuming you get that far, what are you doing posting here???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : A step back is still a step ahead of the Fakers.  Like I said you need to be worrying about the team that hasn't beaten a good team all year. (except the totally injured C's) Sure that one made your highlights.   I told you at the beginning of the year the Spurs and Mavs would take care of the Lakers.  Well I guess you can add the Thunder to that list now.  You should go to a Laker board and worry about your own guys, wee will be fine.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

YAAAWWWNN! Is it playoff time yet?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

I agree w/ fan4life and parquet.   Erden was a hustler.   Something the C's are in short supply of.   There has to be something else to all this.   Can't trade away your starting and back-up centers.   KG doesn't play well at the center position for long spells.   TMurphy has been not good his whole career.   "You are who you say you are" ??? (or whatever).   You don't go from being a lousy player for a career and then all of a sudden a world beater.   Trading Erden is risky cause you do want to have size.   We'lllll seeee.   At least he admits Nate wasn't a good move.   If C's stayed pat couple yrs ago, they wouldn't now need to be doing all these moves.  It's like now they are always chasing their tails.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : YAAAWWWNN! Is it playoff time yet?
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Remember guys, GOOD THINGS HAPPEN WHEN QDADDY IS AROUND!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Danny lost his marbles

perkins was the centerpiece of their interior defense and he was loved in the clubhouse. celtics lose a lot of their emotional well being. we had the best record in the East. why blow up the whole team for jeff green? he is not that good. i cut him from fantasy team because he was awful and overrated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]Who is our starting center? Who guards D.Howard and Bynum ???
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Do we even see Bynum again? Howard will see a heavy dose of Baby, and Shaq with some help from KG and friends.

This move was meant to handle the teams like the Heat, Spurs, Mavs not the Lakers. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Love the moves made by Danny. Perk was leaving after this season anyway. He will be a free agent and can sign with anyone he wants. The Celts got good players in return rather than getting nothing at the end of the season. Utah and Denver did the same thing moving their star players. Toronto and Cleveland waited last year and got nothing in return for Lebron and Bosh. Danny pulls off bold moves like Belichick does. You can't run a team worrying about what the fans think.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : Shaq, JO, and Krstic will be the new 3-headed monster of the Boston Celtics frontline.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I agree that the Celtics only have Shaq, Jermaine and Krstic as their bigs.  We have to hope that Shaq and Jermaine are both healthy during the playoffs or the Celtics are going to be in trouble.   I did realize that the Celtics needed another forward, but don't believe that trading Perkins was the answer.  I will remain optimistic and wait to see if Danny signs another big man and how well they do for the remainder of the season. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

Perk's knee must have been about to fall completely off.  Ainge wasn't going to sign him for the 50+mil he'll get on the market (he already tried and failed).  This deal still only makes sense if Danny thought Perk wasn't going to be able fully contribute THIS SEASON.  He's hurt now and who knows going forward.  Only way he gets traded right now is if he was written off for the future and had major problems and might not be healthy for the playoffs...   
    If thats the decision that was made this could be seen as a very good move.  Remember at the end of the day we got a better overall player than OKC did w/o the health problems and he can contribute in the last 5 minutes of a game (perk never does).  
    Too bad he can't play some interior D thou, let's hope we avoid the Magic early in the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from derickgrant. Show derickgrant's posts

Love Perk,but I'm starting to see the light... on another note, isn't 2012 the year Austin Rivers would be leaving Duke?! I know, I know Doc's probably gone by then, the Clippers should be out of the lottery hunt with the studs they have by then,and if he's a point well.... But, it's fun thinking about Doc sticking around to coach his son. 

If we manage to get Rip Hamilton and Troy Murphy for this year and then something like Dwight Howard and a lottery pick for 2012 (I know I just said the Clips probably avoid the lottery,but they are the Clippers. They still have that gem of an owner.) Danny goes down as the greatest. Understood, there are far too many "ifs" too take any of this serious,but I couldn't even dream like this before the trade. Go C's!!!!!!! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW!:
    [QUOTE]danny has done it AGAIN! we are clearly getting back to the finals! the second unit has suckkkkked all year long and been very inconsistent. plus we have centers who can now step out and shoot! are we as good defensively? probably not, but it will not be such a huge dropoff for they play team defense. a 7-footer is a 7-footer! we still have garnett. put shaq in there, its pretty much even! jeff green is a big 6'9 prime time guy who can shoot the three and play 3 positions. heck, we may keep him after the year and let bb go if the price is right! nate was a luxury item who had played his way out.. plus no way they could afford what perk wanted for next year and beyond.. would rather pay green over perk! with the other 2 moves, just genius! first of, do not forget the celts got a #1 draft choice in 2012 from the clippers plus a 2nd from cleveland while getting rid of 3 excess baggage guys and freeing up $ away from the luxury tax! now without saying a word, rip knows there is a home for him when he gets bought out, same with troy murphy. they now have the flexibility of bringing back rasheed! don't forget kristac is a great chair tosser in case a fight ever breaks out!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

You can't "love" this deal until he's done making moves. There is no way Shaq is the starting Center moving forward.

The only excitement is the draft pick from OKC/LAC in the 1st rd and Green.

The elephant in the room still remains how Kristic can fit in and if Ainge gets someone in there who can rebound at 6'10/6'11 with some bulk.

The O'Neal signings have put him against the wall and he rolled the dice.

We'll see how it shakes down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

unless they can play all at the same time the three-headed monster is not a three-headed monster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : unless they can play all at the same time the three-headed monster is not a three-headed monster.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

What I mean by that is giving up 18 fouls. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : What I mean by that is giving up 18 fouls. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure if that 18-foul thing has (m)any merits. Depends on what fouls and when. The Cs have been getting into the penalty way too often and way too early lately.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : I'm not sure if that 18-foul thing has (m)any merits. Depends on what fouls and when. The Cs have been getting into the penalty way too often and way too early lately.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

All I'm saying is the Celts will not run out of Centers come playoff time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : I agree that the Celtics only have Shaq, Jermaine and Krstic as their bigs.  We have to hope that Shaq and Jermaine are both healthy during the playoffs or the Celtics are going to be in trouble.   I did realize that the Celtics needed another forward, but don't believe that trading Perkins was the answer.  I will remain optimistic and wait to see if Danny signs another big man and how well they do for the remainder of the season. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

People are saying our record was fine without Perk .... true but that is very deceiving, they are forgetting that Shaq and JO were slightly healthy at the time. Shaq and JO are both old and eternally injured.... if our hopes of banner 18 rests on Shaq n JO we are SCREWED

Hopefully those roster spots get filled with size n defense....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : People are saying our record was fine without Perk .... true but that is very deceiving, they are forgetting that Shaq and JO were slightly healthy at the time. Shaq and JO are both old and eternally injured.... if our hopes of banner 18 rests on Shaq n JO we are SCREWED Hopefully those roster spots get filled with size n defense....
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Actually Shaq is not really injured. The Celts are just holding him out for precautionary reasons. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Right no, KGLove. In addition to Shaq being healthy when we were winning, the Heat were playing poorly with Wade's injury, the Bulls were just coming together, the Magic were struggling with that old team that had Lewis and Carter, and we were fresh (ie. veterans not tired).  We're 2 thirds of the way through the season:  Ray's shot is flat.  PP had a down period for a couple of weeks (glad he's back now!!), Shaq is playing less than 50% of the games now, JON will have very little time to work back into shape and get acclimated to the team's flow, and we have no real size underneath.   

We're NOT going to have it as easy now.  The other teams are now playing better and the Heat have caught us in record, the Bulls are only 2 games out, and we are more tired now.  

I hope we don't suffer too much.  Let's hope the next 10 days yields one more big man in Danny's moves.   This may all work out, but its by no means a lock to work out!  Its a gamble. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The ultimate gamble is signing Antoine Walker.

HAHAHA!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: I LOVE THESE TRADES + MOVES: DANNY TAKE A BOW!

In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE TRADES + MOVES: DANNY TAKE A BOW!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I LOVE THESE TRADES + MOVES: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : Agree completely - there was a time on this board when posters / fans / bloggers referred to the young Cs (prior to the big 3) were the best young core in the league - the following players from that young core have never made the playoffs or an all-star game - Jefferson, West, Gomes, Telfair, Tony Allen, Orien Greene, Gerald Green, etc. The Cs traded a journeyman center and an irrelevant unproductive undersized dunk champion for a rising star and a journeyman center.  The journeyman center they get is a much better offensive player, the one they got rid of is the player in the league where the chasm between his own perception of his game and his actual game is larger than the grand canyon. They give up Semih and Luke for a second round pick to clear roster spots so that there is at least a chance to add talent. They got a great deal for Marquis Daniels. So if they add Troy Murphy, they get a banger who can actually score..... I laugh over and over and over again when I read they have plenty of scoring and that it is great that Rondo is a pass first point guard and as long as Perk takes care of Howard (which in their last meeting he proved that he cannot) it does not matter if Perk or Rondo score. 79 - the number of points the Cs scored in game 7 against the Lakers.  The 79 they scored was when Bynum was not even there. Green immediately becomes the 5th best player on the roster and they give up nothing with Krstic. Who cares what Perk meant on defense - they are in desparate need of offense and just got some. They will also get more when they add Murphy. Regarding the Cs Clippers pick - there is not even a remote chance the Clippers will be in the lottery - they just went 35 games without an actual all-star center (not like Perk - the almost-all-star-defensive-something or other blah blah blah) and they have gone the last 20 games or so with the 5th best scorer in the league (Eric Gordon).  With Bledsoe, Gordon, Griffin, Jordan, Kaman, etc. there is not even a remote chance the Clips are in the lottery.  So the Cs will get the Clips 20th pick and their own 25th.... and guess what - Danny will get an Avery Bradley and a Tony Allen and people will complain. So they added their 6th man who will immediately become the best scorer off the bench, a couple of journeyman centers - both of whom can score and will make more than 60% of their free throws, etc. So when all is said and done, 10 games from now they will be much much much better. Perk will be overpaid by OKC in the offseason and hamper their ability to get closer to the finals unless of course the Lakers, Dallas, and the Spurs completely fall apart.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

'journeyman' centers don't play 7 and 2/3 years with the same team, starting  for 5 of them. They don't become centerpieces of trades where a 24 year old 16 ppg SF, a 7' 27 year old backup Center w/ a good shot, 4.5 million and a draft pick in the teens gets sent back to you. moron.

and saying there is 'not even a remote chance' the clips are in the lotto is ignorant. Why don't you just say there is a VERY good chance they are outside the top 10, which is all the pick has to be if you did any research... a pick in the 11-13 range becomes ours as well and IS in the lotto. I seriously doubt clips have pick #20... it should be in that 13-17 range tho.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : Actually Shaq is not really injured. The Celts are just holding him out for precautionary reasons. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Danny said Shaq lost weight since he went out of the lineup and will be fine, he could have played 2 weeks ago if this was the playoffs.

Jermaine 'apparently' will be healthier come April than he has been since a year ago, he is ahead of schedule. Last  Dec-Feb he was a 14p 7r 1.5 block guy in 29 mins a game over 39 games, basically half a season.

Then at the end of March he hurt his ankle and in trainign camp the knee swelled up. If the knee is better, we could just replace Krstic's mins w/ JON in the playoffs and have a guy who can hit the 17' J but ALSO play defense and get 3 more boards and a block with the same offense.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : You've got to be kidding. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the reaction from the "sunshine pumpers" on this board. But those of you whe are realists know this trade ISN'T guaranteeing any title. Check out the "Ball Don't Lie" article on this trade. Dwyer breaks it down pretty good. This may be a "gutsy" move by Ainge, but it's probably going to blow up in his face. Good luck getting to the finals. And if you do, Bynum and Gasol (and Odom) are going to OWN the boards.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]if i am not mistaken, the celts have never been out-rebounded by anyone in any game shaq has played in! so y will the lake fakers be different? this trade makes the pats like the pats in terms of being more versatile and athletic! who cares about centers right now? like how everyone forgets that baby plays center esp at the most important parts of the game!

being able to close out games with baby/nenad, jeff green and big 3 (pp at PG) is going to make us even better... or with kg at center with green and pp at forward and rondo/west at pg...  we could also end with shaq at the 5 and big 4 or green at the 3 with  pierce playing the 1... those long scoring lulls are a thing of the past.. everyone plays better defense once they get to boston.. we may slip by a slight nuanced degree without perk but what we make up in offense and athleticism is MORE than worth it! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : I'm not sure if that 18-foul thing has (m)any merits. Depends on what fouls and when. The Cs have been getting into the penalty way too often and way too early lately.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

The celtics get into the penalty early because they play so physical...which is most likely the cause for the #1 defense.