I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW FOR JOINING THE THEO + BELICHICK CLUB!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW!

In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : Wow...that's a scary lineup. LOL Like I said at the beginning of the season, Shaq would spend a LOT of time in the trainer's room. And you've gotten even less out of JON! You're gonna need duct tape to keep those guys in the game during the playoffs...that's IF they can make it off the trainers table and onto the court! Sorry to say, but I think you guys just took a step back.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]in 10 days, we are looking at troy murphy, shaq, and nenad as the center trio.. how is that so baddd? plus baby and kg available to play the 5..  for playoffs, shaq, jo and  murphy/nenad is not so badd.. did we not beat orlando without perk?  did we not beat the lakers the first time WITHOUT perk? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : Actually Shaq is not really injured. The Celts are just holding him out for precautionary reasons. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]BINGO! danny who should know feels that when jon comes back he should be even better than he was at any time this year and PAIN FREE!

celts have said over and over that shaq would be playing right now if this were the playoffs! that tells me they are doing what the red sox often did with tim wakefield right in the middle of the season.. u come up with some ailment to precautionarily rest something that could flare up later to avoid having that thing be a problem.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]   I agree w/ fan4life and parquet.   Erden was a hustler.   Something the C's are in short supply of.   There has to be something else to all this.   Can't trade away your starting and back-up centers.   KG doesn't play well at the center position for long spells.   TMurphy has been not good his whole career.   "You are who you say you are" ??? (or whatever).   You don't go from being a lousy player for a career and then all of a sudden a world beater.   Trading Erden is risky cause you do want to have size.   We'lllll seeee.   At least he admits Nate wasn't a good move.   If C's stayed pat couple yrs ago, they wouldn't now need to be doing all these moves.  It's like now they are always chasing their tails.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]tmurph has never been good? have you checked his stats from just 2 years ago? or even last year when he shot over 38% from 3? for his CAREER he's almost at 40% from 3 and 45% over all! u think that just happened by accident? he would now have 5 future HOF'rs surrounding him and 3 other guys used to attention when deep in the perimeters all around him.. how would he not have great stats? plus he has shot almost 80% from the FT line in his CAREER! check your facts before spouting off your weak kool-aid!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I LOVE THESE DEALS: DANNY TAKE A BOW! : You can't "love" this deal until he's done making moves. There is no way Shaq is the starting Center moving forward. The only excitement is the draft pick from OKC/LAC in the 1st rd and Green. The elephant in the room still remains how Kristic can fit in and if Ainge gets someone in there who can rebound at 6'10/6'11 with some bulk. The O'Neal signings have put him against the wall and he rolled the dice. We'll see how it shakes down.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]bb, shaq is healthy and could be playing right now if this were the playoffs! o'neals did not dictate these moves. quis going down and not resigning either tony allen and posey did. ainge wanted to get a future starter around to give 30 minutes a night to, like with baby, to back up PIERCE! green more than fits the bill. he shot over 38% from 3 last year but dipped to 30 this year mostly because he has been forced to waste way too much energy covering PFs!  green will be the primary back up for BOTH ray ray and pp and will spell kg if he is injured. at times, he will play pf with the second unit when bb is at center or getting a breather! 

of course we must play the games but on paper, this makes us BETTER! green btw is signed thru next year (qualifying 5m option celts clearly will pick up)... 
    kristc will fit in fine... the guy shoots 80% from FT line, over 45% mostly on jumpers (stretching the floor, OKC wanted more of a presence down low).

they will end up with 5 or 6 guys who can all play center/pf, including kg and baby.. if they sign powe and murphy, that number gies up even more. face facts, only reason we needed perk was for orlando and perhaps the lakes... we beat both without him. even with one of the o'neals we can beat both AGAIN as we have this year! baby can hold his own versus both howard and bynum! gets them in foul trouble and likely to hesitate with those charges.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Danny lost his marbles

In Response to Danny lost his marbles:
    [QUOTE] perkins was the centerpiece of their interior defense and he was loved in the clubhouse. celtics lose a lot of their emotional well being. we had the best record in the East. why blow up the whole team for jeff green? he is not that good. i cut him from fantasy team because he was awful and overrated.
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]y did the red sox do it in 2004 when they traded nomar? y did pats do it with milloy  in 2004 also? you do what you gotta. often such bold moves work more than they ail. just sitting pat as the lakes have done more often leads to losses in this world! if standing pat, you often are falling behind (unless everyone else is doing the same).. look for the celts and thunder to make the finals! okcnow has the interior monster they have lucked and given a perimeter luxurt. celts now have the perimeter monster they have lacked (minus pp) and given up their interior luxury! 

my only beef with danny is y could he not extract an anthony parker in exchange for giving up both luke and erdi? if jeff green or pierce goes down, we are reallly in trouble! nice to go 3-deep at pg, SF and center...