I put Sully over Kevin Love!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I put Sully over Kevin Love!!!

Sully plays better D!!!

Sully plays down low more which allows him to be in position for rebounds and creates proper spacing for his teamates. 

Love isn't drawing shotblockers out to the three, so that pf shooting tons of threes style is a losing style in most cases.

Love's style can work if the other players are great slashers and rebounders and low post players which usually isn't the case with pg, sg and sf.

You can only go so far when your best offense is a 6-9 pf jacking 3's when he should operating ala Kevin McHale getting higher percentage looks and position for second chancers.

Love is a fantastic shooter, but without Duncan or Shaq at center he will cause more problems than he solves in the playoffs.

Has there ever been an NBA champion with their starting pf having a shot chart like Love.

I think not!!

Moderation for all bigman deep threats = better basketball

That's why the Antoine Walker Celtics could only go so far and in the deep playoff runs Toine actually cut the threes out a lot!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: I put Sully over Kevin Love!!!

Nowitzki?  And maybe or hopefully Oly in the future?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i wonder if that back is holding as well as it appears to be. 'cause if so, danny done good, real good. let's hope ainge's drafting acumen holds up as well over these next several seasons.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

2different guys I want both

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

We do love our C's. Sully already better than Love and KO the next Dirk. Pressey is starting to remind me of Calvin Murphy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

No

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sully plays better D!!!

Sully plays down low more which allows him to be in position for rebounds and creates proper spacing for his teamates. 

Love isn't drawing shotblockers out to the three, so that pf shooting tons of threes style is a losing style in most cases.

Love's style can work if the other players are great slashers and rebounders and low post players which usually isn't the case with pg, sg and sf.

You can only go so far when your best offense is a 6-9 pf jacking 3's when he should operating ala Kevin McHale getting higher percentage looks and position for second chancers.

Love is a fantastic shooter, but without Duncan or Shaq at center he will cause more problems than he solves in the playoffs.

Has there ever been an NBA champion with their starting pf having a shot chart like Love.

I think not!!

That's why the Antoine Walker Celtics could only go so far and in the deep playoff runs Toine actually cut the threes out a lot!

[/QUOTE]

DaCeltics I LOVE your enthusiasm-especially when this is a very tough season to watch HOWEVER Sully has really only shown improvement over the last 2 months. He has holes in his game and also has a cranky back. I'm a Sully fan but 2 months of pretty good basketball does not equal several very good years from Love.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Sullinger needs to develop consistency before he can ever be compared to Love.  I'd pump the brakes on that comparison until Sullinger becomes a double-double type of player who is the reason his team is a playoff contender.  He shows flashes and the effort is there every night, but again, consistency is what separates the great players from the good players.  Jeff Green could be a great player but he is not consistent.  The skills are there, but heart and effort can be questioned.  At least with Sullinger you know he'll always bring the effort, so there is a decent chance he becomes a very good player.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

All we need is a near double-double average from both Sully and Oly....LOL

Then, we need a legit 20PPG scorer, so Green can be the second option.

That's "all" - now let's go out and do it!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pine8ball. Show pine8ball's posts

What dream are you having to compare Pressey to Calvin Murphy?? He may not even be on our roster next season and could very well be out of the league period. Wow, comparing Sullinger to Kevin Love is out of control. Kevin Love is a proven 20-10 guy every time he hits the floor. Sullinger is too inconsistent at this point of his career and needs to prove it on a nightly basis. He is not even close to Kevin Love!!! How many of the guys on the current C's roster will be with us next year?? If we could find someone to take Gerald Wallace and his inflated contract we would dump him immediately. He is overpaid at 10 million a year. The fire sale will continue as we continue to accumulate draft picks to build for the future.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to pine8ball's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What dream are you having to compare Pressey to Calvin Murphy?? He may not even be on our roster next season and could very well be out of the league period. Wow, comparing Sullinger to Kevin Love is out of control. Kevin Love is a proven 20-10 guy every time he hits the floor. Sullinger is too inconsistent at this point of his career and needs to prove it on a nightly basis. He is not even close to Kevin Love!!! How many of the guys on the current C's roster will be with us next year?? If we could find someone to take Gerald Wallace and his inflated contract we would dump him immediately. He is overpaid at 10 million a year. The fire sale will continue as we continue to accumulate draft picks to build for the future.

[/QUOTE I think it's called a sarcastic nightmare.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We do love our C's. Sully already better than Love and KO the next Dirk. Pressey is starting to remind me of Calvin Murphy.

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  and Bradley almost as good as MJ... and wait till we trade Wallace and Bogans for the #1 pick in the draft!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

What's the OP on? I want some too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Thanks rick. Yes, I agree that Sully cannot yet consistently lead an offense but he is on the right path. He could stand to improve his fg% on jump shots but Love could stand to improve his charge taking and hard foul deliverance. Those two defensive aspects are the hard to measure intangibles that are the difference between wins and losses in the playoffs.

Kevin has had more durability issues than Sullinger I believe.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Sully plays better D!!!

Has there ever been an NBA champion with their starting pf having a sho chart like Love.

I think not!!

We should all hope the Timberwolves feel the same way! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Kevin Love is not a shot-blocker or a defensive anchor like KG.

So you can't play Love and Sully together.

Like I said, we already have the Kevin Love of the east - Sully!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Sully is the better balanced player imo. On his way to being the better overall player if the refs give him a fair shake on defense and realize that Sully just makes CLEAN hard fouls when needed. You never see him talking trash or instigating verbally.

He made a few mistakes against Denver, isolated incident.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Mellywitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sully played extremely well last night...too bad he didn't have some regular help up front...The Hump is playing tough too...good for them...we'd never win a game without them...they'll NEVER miss Crawford and Brooks...way to go DA

[/QUOTE] +1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrkite74. Show mrkite74's posts

In response to pine8ball's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that was sarcasm.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kevin Love is not a shot-blocker or a defensive anchor like KG.

So you can't play Love and Sully together.

Like I said, we already have the Kevin Love of the east - Sully!

[/QUOTE]

true! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Wait, the premise is that Love's not an effective rebounder and Sullinger is?  Love ranks 2nd in the League and Sullinger is 31st.  Love is and has been consistently a high volume rebounder, whereas Sullinger, through grated a hard worker, is in and out. Minnesota's other woes still do not detract from what Love brings to the team.  I really like Sullinger's intensity (more overt than Love) and believe he will continue to improve, but his development doesn't cancel Love's proven abilities.  And yes, the Calvin Murphy reference was a piece of irony.  Calvin, by the way, was as nice a person as he was outstanding as a player. I met him once when he came to a local gym to see a boyhood friend of his/teammate of mine to give him a pair of new sneakers. He was in town to play against the C's and went out of his way to find a longtime friend.