I really hate the Heat.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: I really hate the Heat.

In Response to Re: I really hate the Heat.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really hate the Heat. : then get outta the kitchen!
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Tongue out x infinity plus one!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really hate the Heat. : x infinity plus one!
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]
    i somehow knew you would take my joke well

thank goodness some in here have a sense of humor

cheers! and good luck in the real season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]So true aciemvp. Leborn has a free ticket by the NBA to do whatever whenever he wants. He is not in the same league as guys like Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe and never will be even if he wins multiple titles. He has not developed his game since coming into the league. If there were no refs in a game and it was treated just like a pick-up game, he would foul out before every half. I agree, Oneal's hard foul was great, but it could have been even better if he laid him on his back. The C's need to get tough again. Statement plays like that can go a long way for a team. I think the Heat are beatable and are not a huge threat if you take command of the game early. They are softies. It is going to be fun to watch these playoffs. GO C's. In Response to Re: I really hate the Heat. :
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]
    uh...i know you dont like him, but lebron is every bit as good as the players you mentioned and will continue to prove it so when he does win multiple titles

if there were no refs in the game? is that like if the queen had balls...she'd be king?

the c's had command early in that game...but then the bench came in...thats the way it is

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE] Do we really hate the Heat, or is it more of a fear of the Heat, for what they may accomplish, before their run is over?
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

haters.......  Then if we get Steph Curry and Dwight Howard... then we will be hated.... people hate teams that win(or seemingly will win a lot)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

It's not just about whether the team's good.  I for one deeply dislike teams dominated by ARROGANT players.  Yes, I realize in professional sports that's part of the game and perhaps a certain degree of it is necessary to succeed.  But it just goes way over the top with LeBron (aka MeBron) and Kobe (aka Kome) - along with certain teammates of theirs.  I'm not normally a name calling person, but there is a reason why those guys got those nicknames on this board.  Yes, I know people call KG out for his supposed trash talking, but to me that's cancelled out by his uncompromising TEAM approach.  Ditto for Paul Pierce and some of the comments he's made.  There's a reason why I've always said good things about the Spurs.  They too are all about TEAM.  And like the Celtics they are led by veterans who are for the most part universally acknowledged as class acts.  Those are the types who deserve to succeed, in my opinion.  When I see teams like the Heat thrive after talking themselves up on national television over the summer, it feels like the epitome of what's wrong with the world.  Overly dramatic, yes, but I can't help feeling passionate about this - and wanting my own team to succeed after all the adversity they've been through this past year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

I always liked Wade, still do really but whole 'decision' thing was pathetic.  I got no problem with Lebron going to Miami, he has every right to choose where he plays, but he handled it with zero class and with total disrespect to Cleveland. 

Then the whole "4,5,6...." titles thing, c'mon you don't say that before you have one, especially when the year before you either choked or quit in the 2nd round.

As for Bosh, Durant said it best when he called him a "fake tough guy".  You can act hard OR you can where an oversized mouth guard.... can't do both.  It is like Barry Bonds dangling his massive elbow protector over the plate then staring down a pitcher when he gets hit on the elbow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Yeah, well said, I agree with your assessment on all those players.  I felt for Dwyane Wade when he cried in that press conference.  I wanted to tell him, we're not cheering against YOU!  LeBron has just taken his nickname (The King) too literally and Bosh's character seems to have gone downhill since he joined him.  All that "message game" talk and turning the knife in us about Perk afterwards was just classless.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

At least Wade has won his championship. It's one more than many very talented NBA players have won. He seems like an ok guy. But Lebron just rubs me up the wrong way after what he did to Cleveland and that Decision nonsense.

I don't wish the man any success when it comes to titles. It was almost like it was pre-ordained that he'd be this multiple championship winner when he came into the league. Perhaps he was even more hyped than Jordan when he started in '84? I don't know, but probably that would be the case. As the media is a different animal now to what it was in '84.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Lebron doesnt rate with the Birds, MJs & magics.. 

As much as I love watching his teams go down in flames, I think he has improved his game.. Havent looked at the FG% but seems his outside shot has improved  as well as his touch on shots in the lane, its gotten a bit softer.

Still, the guy gets away with murder with the refs.

The hard foul JON put on him... I have 2 thoughts.

1. In slow-mo, its clear Lebron had every intention of running over JON at full speed... knowing the refs will give him the call...  It was gonna be a collison unless JON dived to the floor...

2. When JON loaded up and smashed Lebron, I was surprised to see Lebron still standing and JON sent flying... the guy must be rock solid

I really have problems with the blocking/offensive foul calls...

Why does a player have to be stationary and outside the box to take a charge??? Like the Lebron/JON foul... if Lebron is coming into JON at warp speed & JON is even backing up, giving ground... why is it a blocking foul when Lebron comes crashing into JON???   Just seems stupid and wrong..

IMO, it should be who initiated the contact.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

hope they crack out the crybaby shirts again this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I really hate the Heat. : I really dislike LeBron James.  The way that he left Cleveland and announced to the world that he was taking his talents to Miami.  How can anyone else except for Miami fans really like him? 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

My 73 year old stepfather hates the Yankees, hates the Heat, hates the Rays, hates the Lakers, hates the Canadiens, hates the Jets blah blah blah.... why?

Because if his hometown Boston teams don't win then he cannot feel good about himself because he lives his life vicariously through sports teams.

So for some reason Joe Maddon is a bad guy, Derek Jeter should be castrated, LeBron, Wade, and Bosh are punks, and Kobe is a loser blah blah blah.......

The weak psyche of fans is the reason for the hate, well that and the Heat destroyed the Cs the other day when the Heat finally played a good game against a depleted Cs team.  Much the same as it will be in round 2 of the playoffs.

I would like to see an intelligent discussion about how Danny and ownership plan to rebuild the team going forward with the new CBA and given the current level of talent.

When Duncan goes the Spurs become the Pacers, when the Pistons broke up their 4 al-stars they signed 2 good players that have made sure the Pistons s uck even though Joe Dumars was considered the best executive in the league, so what happens when the BIG 3 go and Danny is left with a point guard that cannot shoot from anywhere on the floor and a bunch of late draft picks........ I see Danny sitting on a golf cart riding to the next hole wondering what club to hit from 180 yards and watching and enjoying his kids' future and the Cs going through the lottery for 5 years and hopefully doing what the Thunder did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]You are dead wrong. Lebron is no where near the same caliber as the guys I mentioned. He does not make his teammates better as did the other players. In Cleveland it was all about him. If he was of the same caliber, he would have made the players around him better. And he didn't. So he left. He does not do all the intangibles like the others did when they were having off games. And you missed the entire point about the pick-up games so I will just leave that one. Lebron gets away with anything on the court period. I hope the C's meet them in the playoffs. Go C's  In Response to Re: I really hate the Heat. :
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]
    lebron is a 2 time MVP, say what you want about the man and his ego, but they dont just give away MVP's

as far as making his teammates better...look at cleveland this year...tough to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t, ya know? the talent around him in cleveland was atrociously bad...

and no lebron doesnt get away with whatever he wants to on the court or else he would have a couple of rings by now...your logic is flawed by emotion and hate

i hope the heat play the C's in the playoffs....go heat!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Lebron doesnt rate with the Birds, MJs & magics..  As much as I love watching his teams go down in flames, I think he has improved his game.. Havent looked at the FG% but seems his outside shot has improved  as well as his touch on shots in the lane, its gotten a bit softer. Still, the guy gets away with murder with the refs. The hard foul JON put on him... I have 2 thoughts. 1. In slow-mo, its clear Lebron had every intention of running over JON at full speed... knowing the refs will give him the call...  It was gonna be a collison unless JON dived to the floor... 2. When JON loaded up and smashed Lebron, I was surprised to see Lebron still standing and JON sent flying... the guy must be rock solid I really have problems with the blocking/offensive foul calls... Why does a player have to be stationary and outside the box to take a charge??? Like the Lebron/JON foul... if Lebron is coming into JON at warp speed & JON is even backing up, giving ground... why is it a blocking foul when Lebron comes crashing into JON???   Just seems stupid and wrong.. IMO, it should be who initiated the contact.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    i agree with your feeling about the charge/blocking fouls...but it is the way it is and the call will usually go to the star...what can you do?

i remember when the bulls played the heat in like 97 or 98 in the ECF and i watched jordan trip over rodman's feet with a heat player not within 5 feet and they called a foul on the heat...what can you do?