I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package

Wow you did just jump didn't you>? lol, Relax life goes on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

YOu're out of your mind.   Weak bench so let's trade our best bench player while Garnett, Rondo, and Perk are hurt.   Smart.....very smart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Oh no good luck man! You said those bad words...trade BBD.

You will be thrown to the wolves with that thought. LOL!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package:
    [QUOTE]Oh no good luck man! You said those bad words...trade BBD. You will be thrown to the wolves with that thought. LOL!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

You also think the Celtics should trade BBD now that KG is injured?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

this makes a lot of sense.  davis is past his prime anyway.  he had a good 30 something games for us this year, had a couple bad ones this week, he's past his peak.  get rid of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am sick about KG but getting rid of our best bench guy is beyond stupid.  What are you thinking who do you think you are going to get? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

[QUOTE]Oh no good luck man! You said those bad words...trade BBD. You will be thrown to the wolves with that thought. LOL!

Yeah man, typical of those who love to be "the man" to tell you off and impress the board committee. After all, WE'RE ONE BIG FCKING FAMILY, we can't think outside the box. If you do, you are, "idiotic", "make no sense", "stupid", "smoking something, preferably, CRACK" and last but not least, "you don't know anything about basketball". Look in the mirror sometimes guys, do you like what you see, do you feel like you've made it in life because you walked the straight line or followed the crowd. I mean seriously, did you guys read what I said, I did say if we can get something "Decent" right. And I was hoping some of you would mentioned a person or two. After all, I did see several posts here about so and so was available on the market so I thought maybe this post would bait those in into the discussion but I guess I was wrong. Some of you who post on here, too, smoke crack, are idiotic, make no sense and of course stupid for posting topics that's somewhat irrelevant. So never mind. Let's not Trade Fat Glen, lets keep him and the 2 year, $11 Mill worthless Loafer that is Jermaine Oneal and the chicken that runs around like his head is cut off, Avery Bradley. We're good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What you need to understand is nobody wants JON  or Avery Bradley . Nobody. There is no value there.  How can you improve the team's personnel with players nobody wants. 

There is a market for a very good player like BBD but how do you replace him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Yep, you're so right. If you propose a trade you're an idiot but if a guy gets hurt then everyone wants to propose a trade. LOL! Some her think once you have a roster and win some games that you should never try to improve, the team has no weaknesses and everyone wants our junk for their good players.

It's hilarious. If you said that KGs injury is a chance to put BBD on display to possibly get better with a move. It would be absurd and you would be ridiculed for even suggesting it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

[QUOTE]Yep, you're so right. If you propose a trade you're an idiot but if a guy gets hurt then everyone wants to propose a trade. LOL! Some her think once you have a roster and win some games that you should never try to improve, the team has no weaknesses and everyone wants our junk for their good players. It's hilarious. If you said that KGs injury is a chance to put BBD on display to possibly get better with a move. It would be absurd and you would be ridiculed for even suggesting it.

Bias, maybe I've made a friend in you because you're the only I see that's helping take some of the ferocious dog bites that i'm getting mauled on for being blasphemous. In other Celtics forums, like the yahoo message board or the Herald' comments sections, I was screaming out the top of my lungs for 2 years for Ainge to have gotten rid of worthless Brian Scalabrine, dumping his high price tag, I think it was $5 mill a year, and his roster spot, to bring in someone more decent. I don't even have to tell you how much I got bitten on that topic, you know that was a given. If there was a picture to show me wounded, it would've been me with a blood soaked ripped t-shirt and an underwear scratched and with teeth marks all over my body.

Brian Scalabrine, the great white hope of Boston Celtics fans, for whatever God dam reason, was forgiven, dismissed and overlooked by Celtics fans for the worthless and talentless player that he was. The guy could not shoot a basket to save his life, get a meaningfull significant offensive or defensive rebound, could not dribble enough to pass half court, no real hustle, NOTHING. But you would always find Brian Scalabrine apologists who would repeat the same lame excuse to forgive this guy, "it was the little smart things that he did". The Clown had a popularity has big as the Celtics Mascot Lucky and to this day, he still is a Celtics fan favorite and we saw that when the Bulls came in to town. I had always said that Brian Scalabrine should've been traded, released or dealt with the day after the 17th title Parade was over. You don't think anybody wanted him, then why is he still in the NBA, theres always a team thats gonna have a need for a player somewhere. He sat on that bench for 2 more years, with a big chunck of salary, meanwhile Ainge couldn't offer James Posey an extra mill or 2 and have him extended to the 4 years he asked.

They used a lame excuse about how they couldn't pay Posey so much because his skills would diminish has he got older. But yet, we have Shaq, 38, playing better then Perkins, they take in the Loafer, Jermaine Oneal, for 2 years at $5 mill+, extended Ray 2 years $20 mill and Pierce for 4 at up to $60mill.

This team is in serious sht, if anyone can't see that, take the helmet off, please. Get younger and fast. If you think Doc can pull another miracle, just watch and see, you're gonna be dissapointed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Yep, you're so right. If you propose a trade you're an idiot but if a guy gets hurt then everyone wants to propose a trade. LOL! Some her think once you have a roster and win some games that you should never try to improve, the team has no weaknesses and everyone wants our junk for their good players. It's hilarious. If you said that KGs injury is a chance to put BBD on display to possibly get better with a move. It would be absurd and you would be ridiculed for even suggesting it.

That's because it's true that it's absurd and ridiculous. 

One of the Celtics' best player goes down and you want to trade the Celtics' best player off the bench? How stupid is that!

You expecting the Celtics to get a Blake Griffin for Glen Davis?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package:
    [QUOTE]If there is someone available out there that the Celts can grab and have a decent player they can shed as the load for a package deal, Send Glen on his merry way. Dunno about you guys but i'm a little urked by some of his, sometimes, bad timing on making a lay up, getting his ball swatted away, not even fully blocked and him still having some difficulties getting up for a lay up. He make it look so dam difficult at times then it really is. We can attribute the weight to that but think about how much better Davis could be if he had a quicker jumping ability. Don't get me wrong, I love the hustle, he outmuscles many of the board at times and provides some help for the team but if you were to ask me, he has some serious flaws that equals his talents. The short jumper is good but sometimes he gets carried away and takes one too many. The missed lay ups and getting his shots blocked, thats a given and he is just still out of shape for me. And i don't think he's making an effort to lose it. If the Celtics could make him the key player in a packaged deal with the loafer, Jermaine Oneal, maybe Bradley and a draft pick, I think they can cut it. Just my opinion
    Posted by celticsboy11[/QUOTE]

The #1 PF gets injured so you want to trade the #2 PF, are you dumb?

You and BiasLewis remind me of Dumb & Dumber. The question is who's Dumber?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package : That's because it's true that it's absurd and ridiculous.  One of the Celtics' best player goes down and you want to trade the Celtics' best player off the bench? How stupid is that! You expecting the Celtics to get a Blake Griffin for Glen Davis?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

yes tomorrow

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Yeah, that's it - trade our best bench guy. You need to get out more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

In Response to I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package:
    [QUOTE]If there is someone available out there that the Celts can grab and have a decent player they can shed as the load for a package deal, Send Glen on his merry way. Dunno about you guys but i'm a little urked by some of his, sometimes, bad timing on making a lay up, getting his ball swatted away, not even fully blocked and him still having some difficulties getting up for a lay up. He make it look so dam difficult at times then it really is. We can attribute the weight to that but think about how much better Davis could be if he had a quicker jumping ability. Don't get me wrong, I love the hustle, he outmuscles many of the board at times and provides some help for the team but if you were to ask me, he has some serious flaws that equals his talents. The short jumper is good but sometimes he gets carried away and takes one too many. The missed lay ups and getting his shots blocked, thats a given and he is just still out of shape for me. And i don't think he's making an effort to lose it. If the Celtics could make him the key player in a packaged deal with the loafer, Jermaine Oneal, maybe Bradley and a draft pick, I think they can cut it. Just my opinion
    Posted by celticsboy11[/QUOTE]
    Oh I don't know, KG just got hurt and you want to trade his backup and our best bench player. I just don't see how that makes sense. I would have to be overwhelmed to do that if I'm Ainge. Also I can easily see Baby as the starting 4 2 years down the line after Garnetts contract is up. But I would want to hear a proposal before shutting the idea down entirely. Ideas...?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ok folks I see everyone taking shots at some of us for looking at a way to possibly improve the team, look for contingency plans if we have to make a move. What I don't hear is the ideas of those who are criticizing and not just taking pot shots at the people who are looking for alternatives.

Do you want the team to just stay as it is, let the injuries pile up, get older and older and older, overpay guys who are role players, etc, etc.

Say something constructive. No one is here to tear down a great team but this is a marathon not a sprint to the title. We're going down like flies and don't have a lot of pieces to move.

Ainge still has a job to do. If he does nothing and goes golfing and we're the 4th seed and get bounced in the playoffs in the 2nd round everyone will be up in arms in why he didn't do something. If he does do something and tries to preserve the vets until it's April with eyes on a title, what's wrong with that?

Let's hear some ideas and go on record anyone can sit back and criticize.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Not sure how constructive this is, but without KG, it really doesn't matter who the Celtics trade for.  The only thing that move would do is take BB away from this team at a time where he is utterly necessary to Boston's playoff hopes.  If KG is done this season, there is no logic behind trading away anyone else, much less Baby.  This team is build around KG's energy and enthusiasm.  Without him, the fire dies.

Boston is already beginning to hit its winter blahs. They suffered their worst loss of the season last night to a really bad team.  It was never even close.  Without KG, this team has lost its connective thread; that was obvious last night.  But imagine last night without KG and Big Baby.  It would have been even more of a massacre.  The Boston bench is pretty weak, guys.  Why would we trade away a 6th man of the year contender?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

CeltsBoy, don't take it too personal......just learn from the vast number of us who say the same thing:   You don't trade the backup power forward and potential 6th man of the year when you need him to replace your starting power forward who is down for an injury (and you don't even know how long he'll be out).  All but you and Bias would agree on that.

And that comment about Scal......while I agree he was mostly a waste or a team mascot, we all have to admit that Scal had days where he gave us great energy and good shots.  You may not want to remember it, but he could shoot three pointers and was very important in some games.  His defense was "grab the guy as he goes by me" but he did give some good minutes.  In the end, Doc and Danny let him go because he didn't give enough value.   I suspect the same will happen with JON eventually, but for now, let's give JON a few games to prove himself (or to fail to prove himself). 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Please don't blame moving BBD on KGs injury. No one wanted to move him BEFORE KG went down so it has nothing to do with the injury. It's just the fact that people think the C's can't survive without BBD. Remember HE'S A BENCH PLAYER and now he's a starter. Let's see how long it takes people to criticize him when he's getting starter minutes. He has a role on this team and it's good but now his role changes.

So what you're saying is that there isn't a better upgrade out there than BBD??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

[QUOTE]Please don't blame moving BBD on KGs injury. No one wanted to move him BEFORE KG went down so it has nothing to do with the injury. It's just the fact that people think the C's can't survive without BBD. Remember HE'S A BENCH PLAYER and now he's a starter. Let's see how long it takes people to criticize him when he's getting starter minutes. He has a role on this team and it's good but now his role changes. So what you're saying is that there isn't a better upgrade out there than BBD??

Again, there goes my friend, reading and UNDERSTANDING what was written, Bias, i am with you on anything now, you've won me over, seriopusly.

It's unfortunate that I posted the comments about Fat Glen after last night's game while many on this board still had their hearts in their throats and unable to take the Helmet off. Seriously, if you want to Bolster this team and have a guy to trade to pick up someone, wouldn't be Glen, who's stocks have gone up. Pack him in, The Loafer Jermaine Oneal, Avery Bradley and maybe a draft and send them on their merry way. Since many of you on this board are already posting about so and so players is out there, available to be picked up, why don't you "experts" jump on in and help me out and finish this statement, since you are the know it alls on here. Here you are posting about who the C's should grab but yet, you don't wanna trade anyone on this team thinking this everything is fine and dandy.

I shouldn't argue on here too much, besides Bias, I am going up against a bunch of Celtics fans who saw and adore Brian 'freakin' Scalabrine as a "smart player who did the little things".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I think Glen Davis can be sacrificed on a trade package : The #1 PF gets injured so you want to trade the #2 PF, are you dumb? You and BiasLewis remind me of Dumb & Dumber. The question is who's Dumber?
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

You, I think your birth certificate was an apology from the Sperm Bank. A penny is worth more then your sorry worthless Azz, you make no God dam "cents".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

For who?  Glen Davis is a steal for us in terms of the production we get for him for the money we pay him.  He always steps up for us.  He stepped up the first time KG went down.  And he has continously improved his game and his health.  Next year, I expect him to be better.

I don't think we can trade him for a better big guy.  We could trade him for a better back up PG or a better back up shooting guard or something.  But then we would lose our back up PF.  IMO, Glen Davis is one of the top back up bigs in the league.

Trading him just doesn't make any sense.  He is very valuable for us.

Maybe trading Jermaine makes more sense.  But not BBD.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Please don't blame moving BBD on KGs injury. No one wanted to move him BEFORE KG went down so it has nothing to do with the injury. It's just the fact that people think the C's can't survive without BBD. Remember HE'S A BENCH PLAYER and now he's a starter. Let's see how long it takes people to criticize him when he's getting starter minutes. He has a role on this team and it's good but now his role changes. So what you're saying is that there isn't a better upgrade out there than BBD??

What do you think?  Everyone is just going to give us better players than we send them because were the C's?   Trades are usually pretty equal  unless your the Fakers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The package would have to be a no-brainer.  He is too valuable of a sub and now that KG is hurt I wouldn't even think of moving him. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

bias.and celtics boy. (first of all celtics boy stop di ck eating..with your "Again, there goes my friend, reading and UNDERSTANDING what was written, Bias, i am with you on anything now, you've won me over, seriopusly." now..who do you suppose we trade bb for? remember this guy has to be able to play like a starter, which is what baby does bc oneal cant play more than 5 min at a time. he also has to be able to have a consistent jumper, plus decent post moves that get him to the rim. he also has to be able to succesfully and consistently draw charges and offensive fouls, giving us a real weapon on defense. and he has to be able to play both the 4 and 5 positions. now go to work, who are we going to get? oh, and the trade has to be realistic, we cant trade BB to the lakers for Pau Gasol.

you guys wonder why we all jump on you, its not bc we hate you, its bc you make no sense when you post. you think that any trade can work bc you can trade anyone away and get better. it doesnt work that way.