I want Pierce back!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

I want Pierce back!!!!

Man - hearing Pierce's comments about the trade were painful, especially the part where he wondered why he didn't get the same treatment as Kirk, Kobe and Timmy. Loved Pierce as a player, and totally respect him as a man and a Celtic. Pierce should no doubt be in the pantheon of Boston greats not only for his performance, but also for his loyalty and the way he embraced the fans and the city - not just "top ten", but on the same level as Russell, Bird, Orr, and Brady. I really feel like Pierce is one of the most under-rated players, both within Boston and around the league in general. The guy is just a warrior, and amazingly consistent over 15 years. And, he truly bled green....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: I want Pierce back!!!!

In response to shamrock1000's comment:

Man - hearing Pierce's comments about the trade were painful, especially the part where he wondered why he didn't get the same treatment as Kirk, Kobe and Timmy. Loved Pierce as a player, and totally respect him as a man and a Celtic. Pierce should no doubt be in the pantheon of Boston greats not only for his performance, but also for his loyalty and the way he embraced the fans and the city - not just "top ten", but on the same level as Russell, Bird, Orr, and Brady. I really feel like Pierce is one of the most under-rated players, both within Boston and around the league in general. The guy is just a warrior, and amazingly consistent over 15 years. And, he truly bled green....

Did Orr end up with Chicago.....Did we like Orr less because.....Isn't it better to trade Pierce then keep the old guy  and watch him rot away. Many players in sports stay to long and people start to feel sorry for them .Maybe better to let go and have them come back and retire their number. Look at what  Jeter is going through. Hurting and old. Do you want him on Sox?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"especially the part where he wondered why he didn't get the same treatment as Kirk, Kobe and Timmy"

OK, a few things here: 

- Kobe is not out of the woods with the Lakers by any means. Kobe also have five rings. 

- Tim is still playing at a very high level consistently for a big man (in the playoffs). And, he has four rings. 

- I think you mean Dirk not Kirk? Dirk is not guaranteed to stay in Dallas either. 

The only one that will definitely stay for their whole career is Duncan, but he is still playing at a high level and that's why he will likely stay, as long as the Spurs rebuild on the fly around him. 

If Pierce would have taken a massive salary cut appropriate to his current performance, he could have stayed. No one insulted him by proposing that, and that's fan. 

Pierce is a class act and an all time great Cetic, a true Celtic. He is an all timer, some would say top five, I think I have him sixth right now but he's right in that range - his jersey will go to the rafters. 

Athletes just don't finish their careers on the same team. Pierce is a Celt for life but in all honesty he should have been more psychologically prepared for this reality, or he should have renogiated his contract to allow him to stay. That was within his power if he wanted to. 

I think it's good for him to be on a team that is trying to win and not rebuild. Thanks Paul for all you did for us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Actually, Duncan is a shell of his old self. He just happens to have better players on the team. He doesn't have to carry the load (he wouldn't be able to). I am sure that Boston will come out fine but imo I think that they could have competed with KG and Pierce if they didn't have so many injuries. Unlike Duncan and the Spurs, Danny Ainge did not do a good job in surrounding Pierce and KG with good players. I would have loved to have seen KG and Pierce on a team with a healthy Sullinger and Rondo, with Olynyk, Iverson, Green, Bradley, and Faverani.  I wish KG and Pierce were still on the team but it is what it is..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

Of course I understand the logic of the trade, and I fully recognize that not only did Danny get amazing value, he also sent Pierce to a winning situation with two of his buddies. So yeah, I get that as far as trading a local icon goes, this might be as good as it gets. Just saddened me to learn that Pierce would have preferred to stay even though he knew it would be a rebuilding phase. The guy really did love being a Celtic. I know posters are excited about the rebuilding (so am I), but I hope everyone fully appreciates this guy Pierce....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Of course I understand the logic of the trade, and I fully recognize that not only did Danny get amazing value, he also sent Pierce to a winning situation with two of his buddies. So yeah, I get that as far as trading a local icon goes, this might be as good as it gets. Just saddened me to learn that Pierce would have preferred to stay even though he knew it would be a rebuilding phase. The guy really did love being a Celtic. I know posters are excited about the rebuilding (so am I), but I hope everyone fully appreciates this guy Pierce....

agreed.  I am not looking forward to the rebuild. I don't trust Danny Ainge to make good draft picks. One thing that I am trying to consider is that Doc did not give rookies a chance. Stevens will. Perhaps Doc was the reason so many of DA's picks didn't work out....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

Actually, Duncan is a shell of his old self. He just happens to have better players on the team. He doesn't have to carry the load (he wouldn't be able to). I am sure that Boston will come out fine but imo I think that they could have competed with KG and Pierce if they didn't have so many injuries. Unlike Duncan and the Spurs, Danny Ainge did not do a good job in surrounding Pierce and KG with good players. I would have loved to have seen KG and Pierce on a team with a healthy Sullinger and Rondo, with Olynyk, Iverson, Green, Bradley, and Faverani.  I wish KG and Pierce were still on the team but it is what it is..

I'll pull for my Celtics in all instances and hope we get back to the top soon.  But, I too am disappointed that we didn't surround KG and Pierce with guys who could help carry them.  Add them to those who were not injured and a full season of Green being comfortable with his condition (like the 2nd half of the season) and that's one helluva team (KG, Pierce, Rondo, Sully, Green, Olynyk,Bradley, Favorani, and any of the others who perform like Jet ...... along with Doc).  While I understand while Danny blew it up and the value he got in late first round draft picks, I am not happy about watching the painful and unsure rebuilding process.   Pierce deserved that, but its not Danny's style so you're right - it is what is is and we'll all have to live with it next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

[QUOTE]

agreed.  I am not looking forward to the rebuild. I don't trust Danny Ainge to make good draft picks. One thing that I am trying to consider is that Doc did not give rookies a chance. Stevens will. Perhaps Doc was the reason so many of DA's picks didn't work out....

[/QUOTE]

Agree about Doc - the only time anyone "developed" under Doc was when injuries or trades forced Doc to play people he had buried on the bench.  Rebuild had to come though, it just pains me that PP didn't really want to leave....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

=======================================

I agree with you I would liked to have seen KG & PP on the team for another year with Bradley, Green and a healthy Sully & Rondo. But we needed a BIG MAN too, a double digit rebounder and scorer and as Melo wasn't ready & maybe never will be, Rondo needed to be traded to get perhaps a Cousins. Also we needed an outside threat in addition to PP like Redick to replace Allen(Terry was not the answer).  Alas, Olynyk was still in college. As you said, it is what it is !!!

Oops, I was thinking of this lineup for last year. Yup, going forward with Olynyk & Iverson we wouldn't have needed Cousins/Bynum or another big man by trading Rondo and I believe we would have  been very competitive and PP & KG would have retired in Green.

I will root for the Nets, after the Cs, of course, to beat the Knicks who knocked us out & then beat the Heat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I'm so glad Pierce and KG are gone.

It was painful to watch their diminished skills this past year, especially when guards would drive in and shoot right over KG.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

The owners are fakes.  They would like everyone to believe they were putting together elite teams but weren't willing to carry the bills like the other elite teams were.

How can you say you are a contender when you spend about 2/3rds of what the real contenders are spending?  You can't.

Even with the new CBA there are still teams looking to push 80, 90, even 100 mil (Nets) for their squads THIS YEAR.   The Celts spent 71mil under the old CBA and balked!  Cut their losses instead of opening their wallets then RAISED TICKET PRICES!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

Pierce may not retire as a Celtic. But he'll always be a Celtic. 

I can't imagine the Boston fans not giving both he and KG a heroes welcome when they return to play the Celtics. 

Just hope for his sake that he has a decent season this year. He did improve when Rondo was injured. But there were signs that he really had lost a lot of speed and his reflexes were not as sharp.

Brooklyn is a team that really does have to win this season. Especially with it's roster. Also the unknown of having Jason Kidd as head coach. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

The owners are fakes.  They would like everyone to believe they were putting together elite teams but weren't willing to carry the bills like the other elite teams were.

How can you say you are a contender when you spend about 2/3rds of what the real contenders are spending?  You can't.

Even with the new CBA there are still teams looking to push 80, 90, even 100 mil (Nets) for their squads THIS YEAR.   The Celts spent 71mil under the old CBA and balked!  Cut their losses instead of opening their wallets then RAISED TICKET PRICES!

I've been in the "keep PP and KG camp" all along. You are right and I believe that the Celtics experienceed a (rotting on the vine) year after the injuries.

Ownership didn't pony up some of that Cash Cow that they have, The Coach didn't coach and the management abandoned all loyality and let CPP one of the greatest Celtics of all time, take the midnight train to Brooklyn..and of course Loyal to PP, KG and JT went too.

The only saving thing was the the intense effort by the players. Even after being over played and dog tired they left it all on the floor and need not be ashamed of this season!

I will be watching the nets as often as possible. Thanks for the memories guys! 

That said I do have have great respect for all the current Celtic players and wish them all the best.