I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...CELTICS NEED A LEGIT 7 FOOTER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...CELTICS NEED A LEGIT 7 FOOTER

Lakers beat the C's both times this year and the advantage they had was their size.

Celtics lack a big man & if they do NOT get one by the 15th, no matter if they win the next 12 games in a row, they lack size & a big body.

They have absolutely no chance this year w/out a 7 foot center that can score & rebound!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...CELTICS NEED A LEGIT 7 FOOTER

In Response to I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...CELTICS NEED A LEGIT 7 FOOTER:
    [QUOTE]Lakers beat the C's both times this year and the advantage they had was their size. Celtics lack a big man & if they do NOT get one by the 15th, no matter if they win the next 12 games in a row, they lack size & a big body. They have absolutely no chance this year w/out a 7 foot center that can score & rebound!!!
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

And just what are the choices they have?? and dont say Gasol cause that aint happening... do you know how many 7 footers there are in the NBA? More importantly, how many of these 7 footers are available ?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

The Celtics need a Big man? I did not know that. In fact, Probably not a single Celtic fan was aware of that. Thank you for that profound contribution. Now let us know how to get one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

A 7 footer that can score AND rebound .... Hmmm, they don't grow on trees ya know. And if you find him it will cost you your first born and picks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Bogut is off the table, so the list from small has gotten smaller. Kaman might the best solution, and Im sure DA knows that. These last two days will be intersting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...CELTICS NEED A LEGIT 7 FOOTER:
    [QUOTE]Bogut is off the table, so the list from small has gotten smaller. Kaman might the best solution, and Im sure DA knows that. These last two days will be intersting.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Ainge know that.  But he does not want to just to get Kaman who have an expiring contract at the same time to give away guy like Rondo or first round pick, etc. Who know Kaman could walk away from the Celtics after the season is over.

Right now, I strongly think that the Celtics either use their first round pick to draft big man or go after hard at Howard. 

With Kaman on the roster minus maybe Allen or Rondo is not going to take them to go deep in the post season anyway.

Why bother to make a move.  Just wait until next season!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Bogut is off the table, so the list from small has gotten smaller. Kaman might the best solution, and Im sure DA knows that. These last two days will be intersting.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Not sure who the Celtics will sign or if anyone is available.  They have been discussing the big man situation on many of the local tv/radio stations.  Many don't believe that Danny would be willing to give up too much to get another big man and the Celtics may end up with someone to help, but probably a bench player.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Robert Parish and Bill Walton are not coming through the door....play smarter. We lost to LA (twice) by an average of 2 points not because we lacked a big man....it's cause we did not play smart and /or were not coached smart.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Lakers beat the C's both times this year and the advantage they had was their size. Celtics lack a big man & if they do NOT get one by the 15th, no matter if they win the next 12 games in a row, they lack size & a big body. They have absolutely no chance this year w/out a 7 foot center that can score & rebound!!!
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]Thats a  B I N G O !!!!  trade the   A A U point guard that can't shoot and can't shoot fouls !!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This isn't exactly a novel concept.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Too many posters think there is nothing out there.  There is nothing "in-house" either.  I think you're missing the point.  Right now, we have two bigs who's contributions were counted on for this team's success this season that are, in all likelihood, done for the season.  I hope Wilcox eventually gets medical clearance to return but I doubt that.  And we've tired of JON's ailments.

The contributions expected from JON and Wilcox were not just in points, rebounds and blocked shots.  One of the most important factors is they would have afforded KG more REST.  At this rate, KG will be DONE by season's end.

We need to bring somebody in to take up space/minutes.  Etan Thomas is a 6' 10" rebounder/defender and could provide center relief.  Old Fabricio Oberto, at 37, is 6'10" and a solid defensive big man who would fit in perfectly for the stretch run.  Dan Gadzuric is an athletic 6'11" big who is a defensive shot blocker who runs the floor well.  And, if DJ Mbenga is good enough for LA, he's good enough to be our 3rd center.  At 7', Mbenga could provide valuable minutes at the center position.  I have not even mentioned Kyrylo Fesenko as an option.

Bottom line is, we have bigs who can't play, probably won't be able to play and that's not benefitting us (or KG).  How about we go out and sign two bigs to the vet minimum who can actually take the court.  I'll take Thomas or Oberto or Mbenga for the remainder of the season without giving up much (waive Quis and/or JON and/or Wilcox).

Let's face it, JON is finished.  He will try to make his annual return after an extended period out and get slapped on the wrist and be ineffective again.  His wrist is finished and so is he.  And I would not even risk playing Wilcox.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I don't think Ainge is looking to make a TRADE.  He is not looking to trade away any of the current players.  I think he will look to add players after the trade deadline (unsigned bigs and bought out players).

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Shaq and JON....do we really want to put the going out and finding a big man in DA's hand again? Just asking.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Why not go one better. There's an 8' N. Korean soldier that can be had for a simple happy meal. His reach alone should be close to a foot over the rim. If we could somehow project that same happy meal to a space 2' over the rim then we would have a viable, space eating big man who would be hungry to help us get # 18! What do you think Fierce(you can post after you confer w/ Danny)?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, you are right.  We've seen what this team can do and we need to make additions that will create the least amount of disruption to the team chemistry.  I believe DA thinks we can be much better with a "complimentary" big (energy, rebounding, some defense).

We'd have to give up too much for someone like a Kaman and with no long-term guarantees.  And NO has indicated they don't want to bring on alot of salary and we'd have to dump salary to take on his.  And why give up a draft pick with no guarantee that Kaman even signs for next season.  That is too much to give up.

walk2run, what do we have NOW?  Shaq/JON or Wilcox/JON, we're in the same boat as last season - both centers out for large portions of the season thus causing KG to amass tons of minutes in the position.

We have no other BIGs to put on the court.  We have to bring someone in to play.  Why finish the season with Wilcox and JON unable to play when we can bring someone in (veteran experience, vet minumum salary, quicker adjustment to what we're trying to do, minimal chemistry disruption, minimal contribution expectation).  We can get more from Etan Thomas and Oberto than we're going to get from Wilcox and JON for the rest of the season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I WILL SAY IT AGAIN...CELTICS NEED A LEGIT 7 FOOTER : With Kim Jong-un calling the shots, no happy meal is going to get past that fat dictator kid. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Your right. One upped again. I think I'll go curl up in the fetal position.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Fierce, you're missing my point.  If not Oberto, then Etan Thomas or Dan Gadzuric or DJ Mbenga or Kyrylo Fesenko.  There are bigs out there who can contribute on the Celtics today.

We don't necessarily need a center to average 15 pts and 12 rebs per game to be successful.  That would be nice but we'd have to disrupt what we have.  We could use a center to come in and battle on the boards and provide some energy on the offensive and defensive ends - ALL WHILE NOT GIVING UP ANY CURRENT PLAYERS.  We currently have too many solid, contributing pieces in place to tinker with them.  We just need some big bodies.  I'm hearing reports that AB might be moved.  Right now, with the way this team is playing, I don't really want to see anyone moved.

Ok, so not Oberto, but some center (or bigs) can be brought in to contribute more than what we'll get from Wilcox and JON.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce, you're missing my point.  If not Oberto, then Etan Thomas or Dan Gadzuric or DJ Mbenga or Kyrylo Fesenko.  There are bigs out there who can contribute on the Celtics today. We don't necessarily need a center to average 15 pts and 12 rebs per game to be successful.  That would be nice but we'd have to disrupt what we have.  We could use a center to come in and battle on the boards and provide some energy on the offensive and defensive ends - ALL WHILE NOT GIVING UP ANY CURRENT PLAYERS.  We currently have too many solid, contributing pieces in place to tinker with them.  We just need some big bodies.  I'm hearing reports that AB might be moved.  Right now, with the way this team is playing, I don't really want to see anyone moved. Ok, so not Oberto, but some center (or bigs) can be brought in to contribute more than what we'll get from Wilcox and JON.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I agree with you and hope that Danny doesn't trade too many of the current players to obtain a center for the remainder of the season.   Team chemistry is important and trading someone who is currently contributing to the Celtics success isn't a good idea. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce, you're missing my point.  If not Oberto, then Etan Thomas or Dan Gadzuric or DJ Mbenga or Kyrylo Fesenko.  There are bigs out there who can contribute on the Celtics today. We don't necessarily need a center to average 15 pts and 12 rebs per game to be successful.  That would be nice but we'd have to disrupt what we have.  We could use a center to come in and battle on the boards and provide some energy on the offensive and defensive ends - ALL WHILE NOT GIVING UP ANY CURRENT PLAYERS.  We currently have too many solid, contributing pieces in place to tinker with them.  We just need some big bodies.  I'm hearing reports that AB might be moved.  Right now, with the way this team is playing, I don't really want to see anyone moved. Ok, so not Oberto, but some center (or bigs) can be brought in to contribute more than what we'll get from Wilcox and JON.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

That's what I've said since Wilcox/JON went down months ago. Clear a roster spot and sign Gadzuric or Fesenko at VM to help KG and match up with opponent bigs ... Fesenko has the size and strength and Gadzuric, though not as strong, can run the floor well and help.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Does the 7 footer have to be designated a C or can he be a PF?   Just kidding, don't reply.