If Boston decides to trade Rondo....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: If Boston decides to trade Rondo....

If you want any trade with ORL, you'd better include Jameer Nelson.  All reports say he will be moved this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you want any trade with ORL, you'd better include Jameer Nelson.  All reports say he will be moved this year.

[/QUOTE]

he's in there

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

In response to KJandHondo's comment:

I mean if you've watched the NCAA losing Rondo doesn't automatically equal them being "set back for years".  Also aquiring Afflalo would give them a better chance at being able to trade him for a different legit basketball player that can be younger if you prefer.  By aquiring Afflalo as and asset to include in other trades and getting a 1st round pick would be a win at this point when concering Rondo's current value in the NBA.  Now if he comes back and can put up triple doubles in more than just nationally televised games you obviously would be looking at way more in compisation.  

HAHA you're starting to give away your identity with your anti-rondo agenda. Rondo for Afflalo LMAO

Dude I'm really not anti-Rondo and I haven't been checking out these forums long enough to have any idea who you are refering to.  I just know that Rondo's injury was no joke and we have no clue when hes gonna come back.  Maybe he's back late December that would give him about 2 months to play elite basketball for the Cs to get a haul for him on the level of your proposal.  I just think about how Rose got a year and a half to come back and he looks VERY different from the person he was before he got hurt. He most likely will get back to playing at an MVP level as will Rondo but the timetable is just not in the Cs favor.
    Personally, I would rather keep Rondo and try to trade guys like Bradley, Bass, or Lee.  But I have some secret agenda because I was trying to be slightly realistic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he's in there

[/QUOTE]

And I don't want Jameer Nelson!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he's in there

[/QUOTE]

And I don't want Jameer Nelson!

[/QUOTE]

he would be a throw in not the centerpiece. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

[/QUOTE]

You asked how you get Hawyard and 2 top 15 picks and I told you there's a way to get it done.  You did not ask me if I wanted Gordon Hayward on the Celtics. I do not.

[/QUOTE]

you're right i never asked you if you wanted hayward. i never asked you how Boston could get hayward either. 

but i will ask you this... who is the franchise player, Afflalo or Harkless? LOL

[/QUOTE]

You asked the board how you get Hayward and two top-15 picks. I told you how.

If you want to talk seriously about basketball, then I'm game. But to think that either of those two trades are remotely possible then you're mistaken.

No way Orlando gives up Oladipo and Harris (who averaged 18 and 8 for Orlando, which is better than Hayward, not to mention he's 2 years younger) AND 2 2014 1st rounders for a Rondo coming off surgery, Jeff Green (who looks like a 2nd/3rd option on a good team), a guy that can't get meaningful minutes on a 4-8 team (Brooks), and two guys they've already had and dumped (Lee and Bass).

The Celtics say no to Utah. They give up way too much and don't really get anything substantial back other than that pick (which probably won't be very high considering that roster) and the cap space from the exipiring. Gobert is extremely raw, Trey is undersized, and Alec is a role player at best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You asked how you get Hawyard and 2 top 15 picks and I told you there's a way to get it done.  You did not ask me if I wanted Gordon Hayward on the Celtics. I do not.

[/QUOTE]

you're right i never asked you if you wanted hayward. i never asked you how Boston could get hayward either. 

but i will ask you this... who is the franchise player, Afflalo or Harkless? LOL

[/QUOTE]

If you want to talk seriously about basketball, then I'm game. But to think that either of those two trades are remotely possible then you're mistaken.

No way Orlando gives up Oladipo and Harris (who averaged 18 and 8 for Orlando, which is better than Hayward, not to mention he's 2 years younger) AND 2 2014 1st rounders for a Rondo coming off surgery, Jeff Green (who looks like a 2nd/3rd option on a good team), a guy that can't get meaningful minutes on a 4-8 team (Brooks), and two guys they've already had and dumped (Lee and Bass).

The Celtics say no to Utah. They give up way too much and don't really get anything substantial back other than that pick (which probably won't be very high considering that roster) and the cap space from the exipiring. Gobert is extremely raw, Trey is undersized, and Alec is a role player at best.

[/QUOTE]

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well of course Stevens hasn't said that. I'm thinking that even if the C's land Parker or Wiggins...they will be rookies and no coach is going to turn his team over to a rookie. He will still need a few vets to get his word across. Personally I just don't see that player on the team right now...he inherited this team

[/QUOTE]

Better talents is what Stevens need.  Have a few all-star level players and the rest is pretty easy, role players and supporting casts are not that hard to find after that.  You can trade for Hayward but you don't get to draft or trade for anyone that are really good, then Hayward is not going to do anything for you.  And Ainge is the one calling the shot, and he is not going to trade for Hayward because Stevens feels he needs someone that he coached before to provide leadership.

[/QUOTE]

I agree you need a few AS players but Haywood is a good piece. Anyone who thinks Wiggins or Parker are going to walk into the NBA and dominate the first year is crazy. I think we can get a guy like Haywood and still get Wiggins or Parker.

This team really needs 2 of the top 15 guys coming out...not just one

[/QUOTE]

how does Boston get Hayward and 2 top 15 draft picks???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i disagree 100%

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

Is it at all possible to like move on from the Hayward/Haywood bickering, why is he even in every trade?  Why would the Cs want to give anything up for someone who doesnt not play any defense? Am I missing something?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well of course Stevens hasn't said that. I'm thinking that even if the C's land Parker or Wiggins...they will be rookies and no coach is going to turn his team over to a rookie. He will still need a few vets to get his word across. Personally I just don't see that player on the team right now...he inherited this team

[/QUOTE]

Better talents is what Stevens need.  Have a few all-star level players and the rest is pretty easy, role players and supporting casts are not that hard to find after that.  You can trade for Hayward but you don't get to draft or trade for anyone that are really good, then Hayward is not going to do anything for you.  And Ainge is the one calling the shot, and he is not going to trade for Hayward because Stevens feels he needs someone that he coached before to provide leadership.

[/QUOTE]

I agree you need a few AS players but Haywood is a good piece. Anyone who thinks Wiggins or Parker are going to walk into the NBA and dominate the first year is crazy. I think we can get a guy like Haywood and still get Wiggins or Parker.

This team really needs 2 of the top 15 guys coming out...not just one

[/QUOTE]

how does Boston get Hayward and 2 top 15 draft picks???

[/QUOTE]

Easy, Ainge has 9 picks over the next 3 drafts, he's a got an AS PG, he's got an expiring contract in Humphries and a two guys teams would take in Wallace and Green. 

Ainge just has to figure out how to move all the chips and not show his ace card...sort of like he did in 2008.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Is it at all possible to like move on from the Hayward/Haywood bickering, why is he even in every trade?  Why would the Cs want to give anything up for someone who doesnt not play any defense? Am I missing something?

[/QUOTE]

I agree - if DA wants him, he'll Godfather him in the off-season!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

Just to try and understand what exactly is DA's ace card?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Would you rather DA Godfather a SG/SF like Jimmy Butler or Lance Stevenson tho? Like if i had my choice of RFA SG/SF those would be my go to guys

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Would you rather DA Godfather a SG/SF like Jimmy Butler or Lance Stevenson tho? Like if i had my choice of RFA SG/SF those would be my go to guys

[/QUOTE]

I would.  It seems young Mr. Green will be our SF  for the future......and I believe young Mr. Bradley is on the way out.......so Butler or Stevenson may be a better fit.

Let's not close the door on Danny Granger, either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJandHondo. Show KJandHondo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would.  It seems young Mr. Green will be our SF  for the future......and I believe young Mr. Bradley is on the way out.......so Butler or Stevenson may be a better fit.

Let's not close the door on Danny Granger, either.

[/QUOTE]
    Granger is a great player and would be a nice expiring to get, just really want him to get healthy to see what he can do. Concering Green... is he hurt or something? I don't get what I'm seeing from him the last 2 games.  I would always defend the games he wouldnt show up last year because he "is probably just deferring to two HOFers" but now I was hoping to see him step up, take 15 or so shots a night and lead the team especially in Rondo's absence.