If I Called the Shots!
posted at 1/23/2013 8:01 AM EST
If I ran this team the following actions would be taken immediately:
Effective immediately: hero ball replaced by drives to the basket!
1. Rondo - would be directed to distribute the ball within 6-seconds of the 24-second clock. More passes = better offensive flow. In addition, each wrap around poke away that does not result in a steal = a trip to the pines.
2. AB - sit him until he is healthy.
3. PP - limit to 25-minutes a game. Doc would be directed to no longer run isolation plays for him coming out of time outs. In addition, PP would see the ball allot more in the post.
4. BB & JG sent down to D-League until play improves. Enjoy the bus rides and Motel 6(s) guys! Call me when you feel like playing pro-ball again!
5. KG - limit to 25-minutes a game. Move back to PF (natural position).
6. Melo - bring up from D-League, and play him at a minimum 20-minutes per game!
7. C. Wright - bring up from D-League, to give PP rest on bench (10-day contract). OR resign KJ!
8. C. Lee - would be directed to attack the basket more!
9. Sully - continue being Sully, a promising rook developing his game!
10. JT - trade to a contender needing a scorer.
11. Barbosa - fill in for AB, until healthy. Defense must improve.
12. CW - continue to sit until healthy.
13. Doc - hire a real defensive assistant coach! Stop calling time outs at the end of games to draw up an ISO for PP!
14. DA - sign K-Mart to play some 4 & 5 and stir up the locker room! Locker room is a bit to friendly!
Those are my takes! Dam it felt good typing that (loosing streak therapy)!