If they lose tonight the Cetlics are 9 and 10 since the 7 game win steak

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

If they lose tonight the Cetlics are 9 and 10 since the 7 game win steak

It isn't about Rondo one way or the other.

This team isn't that good.

That doesn't make me happy but it has been frustrating to have so many people act like because of the loss of Rondo this team was going to be a championship contender.

the 7 game win streak was an aberration.

A lot of us knew that at the time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: If they lose tonight the Cetlics are 9 and 10 since the 7 game win steak

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

It isn't about Rondo one way or the other.

This team isn't that good.

That doesn't make me happy but it has been frustrating to have so many people act like because of the loss of Rondo this team was going to be a championship contender.

the 7 game win streak was an aberration.

A lot of us knew that at the time.

If Garnett is for some reason out for a couple of weeks we could slip out of the playoffs altogether.  Five games in seven nights next week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Its not about Rondo. Its about injuries to Sully and KG that are killing us.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Pud

Give it a rest..........

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Yea, lets take it a step further and cut out all the games the C's won while Rondos been out...then we're winless since Rondos injury.. great thinking

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Its not about Rondo. Its about injuries to Sully and KG that are killing us.

Pud"

To an extent that's true but you sure weren't saying anything like that during the seven game win streak. You and several others on this thread were gloating about how much better the team was without Rondo. Several were quoting the team's won-loss record without Rondo triumphantly, conveniently ignoring the small sample size.

That said there's no doubt KG is the key player on this team when it comes to wins and losses. Sully certainly was playing well but he was stil emerging and wasn't making anybody's all star team (unlike Rondo).

--

"Yea, lets take it a step further and cut out all the games the C's won while Rondos been out...then we're winless since Rondos injury.. great thinking"

You missed Snake's point entirely. The whole idea was to take a big picture view instead of skewing your stats because you don't like a particular player. 

Nevertheless without KG this team goes nowhere.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueprint555. Show blueprint555's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

Pud

Give it a rest..........

Really its not about rondo? I hope you love theball movement tonight? and tons of assist( sarcasm)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

After Rondo, Lee, Sully and KG went down this is a team full off journeymen. If we remain 0.500 that is actually overachieving.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Pud"

To an extent that's true but you sure weren't saying anything like that during the seven game win streak. You and several others on this thread were gloating about how much better the team was without Rondo. Several were quoting the team's won-loss record without Rondo triumphantly, conveniently ignoring the small sample size.

That said there's no doubt KG is the key player on this team when it comes to wins and losses. Sully certainly was playing well but he was stil emerging and wasn't making anybody's all star team (unlike Rondo).

--

"Yea, lets take it a step further and cut out all the games the C's won while Rondos been out...then we're winless since Rondos injury.. great thinking"

You missed Snake's point entirely. The whole idea was to take a big picture view instead of skewing your stats because you don't like a particular player. 

Talk about missing the point, what big picture are you talking about when you view the "little picture" of the teams record w/o Rondo sans their 7 game win streak.. lay off the coolaid

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Yea, lets take it a step further and cut out all the games the C's won while Rondos been out...then we're winless since Rondos injury.. great thinking

I said it wasn't about Rondo either way.  Sensitive much?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Pud"

--

Talk about missing the point, what big picture are you talking about when you view the "little picture" of the teams record w/o Rondo sans their 7 game win streak.. lay off the coolaid

No you totally missed the point. I will slow it down for you.

During the 7 game win streak a lot of people around here thought that without Rondo this team was a really good team.

It isn't.

If you don't get it again this time I will keep trying.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Pud"

--

During the 7 game win streak a lot of people around here thought that without Rondo this team was a really good team.

It isn't.

Yes, keep trying because you fail to make any point other than youre misguided and misinformed.

With Rondo ( wont even count the wins we had when he missed time prior to acl)  the Celtics record was 20-23. Since that time the Celtics record is 16-10.. Lets see from a 46% winning percentage to 61%...  Even by your floating meanings, a 61% winning percentage means both the Celtics have played better without ROndo and they are a really good team as there are only 2 teams in the EC (one only by small fraction) with a better winning percentage..

Of course, you waited for the C's first nice losing streak to make your lame post...

Sorry if facts got in  your way lil guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

By the way, look at your ridiculous thread headline.... taking a small snapshot and trying to extrapolate it into some meaning... How about the Celtics are 0-4 since 4 games ago without Rondo...See, they arent a better team now..

LOL you poor thing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Pud"

--

It isn't.

Yes, keep trying because you fail to make any point other than youre misguided and misinformed.

With Rondo ( wont even count the wins we had when he missed time prior to acl)  the Celtics record was 20-23. Since that time the Celtics record is 16-10.. Lets see from a 46% winning percentage to 61%...  Even by your floating meanings, a 61% winning percentage means both the Celtics have played better without ROndo and they are a really good team as there are only 2 teams in the EC (one only by small fraction) with a better winning percentage..

Of course, you waited for the C's first nice losing streak to make your lame post...

Sorry if facts got in  your way lil guy.

You still don't understand this post isn't about whether or not they are better with Rondo.

This post is about how some thought they were a contender without Rondo because of the winning streak.  And they aren't.

What is wrong with you? It isn't that complicated a premise yet you seem to be competely unable to grasp it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

By the way, look at your ridiculous thread headline.... taking a small snapshot and trying to extrapolate it into some meaning... How about the Celtics are 0-4 since 4 games ago without Rondo...See, they arent a better team now..

LOL you poor thing

Why are you so obsessed with Rondo? and why are you so angry about it?

This post isn't even about Rondo. My first sentence in the post said "this isn't about Rondo"

I am embarrassed for you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Karl.

do you think the Celtics are contenders without Rondo?

Because that is what the thread is about. Not if the team is better with Rondo or not.   I can't dumb it down any more for you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

So now that the C's have lost 4 in a row....you make the proclamation they are not a contender..

Were you trying to point out that the 7 game win streak wasnt going to continue forever? Thats very astute of you. Many here didnt know that, thanks for pointing it out.

However, your headline certainly suggests the Celtics arent a better team post Rondo since you point to their 9-10 record since the 7 game win streak, which of course was an abberation in your view and doesnt count lol.

Why didnt your headline read "Celtics not a championship contender" if that was your message?  As I recall, most here had the opinion the Celtics were a better team without the Diva (and they are)... I dont recall too many saying We gonna win the title now.. Why dont you give some specifics regarding that

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

So now that the C's have lost 4 in a row....you make the proclamation they are not a contender..

Were you trying to point out that the 7 game win streak wasnt going to continue forever? Thats very astute of you. Many here didnt know that, thanks for pointing it out.

However, your headline certainly suggests the Celtics arent a better team post Rondo since you point to their 9-10 record since the 7 game win streak, which of course was an abberation in your view and doesnt count lol.

Why didnt your headline read "Celtics not a championship contender" if that was your message?  As I recall, most here had the opinion the Celtics were a better team without the Diva (and they are)... I dont recall too many saying We gonna win the title now.. Why dont you give some specifics regarding that

I've been saying that all year. I wanted Ainge to blow it up. 

The post is about how many people on the board thought the team was better than it was during the 7 game streak when Rondo went down and in reality the team was then, and still is mediocre.

That is the 5th time I have explained that to you. The team was mediocre with Rondo, it is mediocre without Rondo.

This post is about the team...not Rondo. Which is why my first sentence in the thread said "this isn't about Rondo"

Wow.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Why don't you look up the word "contender" so you can understand that "contender" doesn't mean that a team is certain to win.

You just like getting in pointless fights.

You didn't understand the post.

Man up and move on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Why don't you look up the word "contender" so you can understand that "contender" doesn't mean that a team is certain to win.

Man up and move on.

Geez, you sure are reacting like a trained chimp... Youre having a problem backing up your own words quote:

"That doesn't make me happy but it has been frustrating to have so many people act like because of the loss of Rondo this team was going to be a championship contender."

So who are the so many people you're talking about that posted that posted the C's were championship contenders??? Simple enough, stop avoiding the your own statement..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Geez, you sure are reacting like a trained chimp... Youre having a problem backing up your own words quote:

"That doesn't make me happy but it has been frustrating to have so many people act like because of the loss of Rondo this team was going to be a championship contender."

So who are the so many people you're talking about that posted that posted the C's were championship contenders??? Simple enough, stop avoiding the your own statement..

Utterly disingenuous drivel. Classic strawman argument from our fairy tale writer.

No one suggested that Rondo's loss would change Cs into serious contender.

A better team... yes. More team oriented.... yes. More balanced and competitive.... yes.

A serious contender for #18.... not hardly.

Its been all too clear that the Cs weren't going to win #18 with Rondo and certainly not w/o him.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Man up and move on.

So now you don't want to talk about Rondo anymore?

Good job.

Look at any thread and see all the differenent posters that say this team might be able to beat Miami. Anyone that thinks this team can possilbly beat Miami thinks that this team is a championship contender.

Look at Rally C's post. he thinks the Celtics can beat Miami. that means he thinks they are a championship contender. is it sinking in yet?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Utterly disingenuous drivel. Classic strawman argument from our fairy tale writer.

No one suggested that Rondo's loss would change Cs into serious contender.

A better team... yes. More team oriented.... yes. More balanced and competitive.... yes.

A serious contender for #18.... not hardly.

Its been all too clear that the Cs weren't going to win #18 with Rondo and certainly not w/o him.

Pud

Thanks for agreeing with my post.

Look at Rally C's post where he says the Celtics might be able to beat Miami as an 8th seed. That means he thinks they are a championship contender.

Take it up with him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Too bad some posters here create imagined theories about phantom statements that dont exist to make a thread and gain some attention.  Then play the part that "others" dont get it when it all blows up in his face. Then feign victory in a transparent attempt to offset the beatdown he just took lol

Move on sonny, youre boring me now.. On to better things