If we get the 8th Seed/the Miami Machine is going down with a Thud!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If we get the 8th Seed/the Miami Machine is going down with a Thud!

I know I'm sticking my neck out early, (oh well, not the first time. lol).

I think we match up better with them or the Pacers. We might catch them off guard.

I know they just finished a 27 game winning streak and are the defending chumps, but,

Wade may not be 100%/ we tend to get in his head. With the bucks, they may have an easy first round and give Wade some rest. Not so with the Celts.

Green/ Pierce/ do  a good job on Lebrons

They play small ball/so do we/they are vulnerable in the middle/ so are we.

If we are going to beat them, lets do it early. It's our only chance.

If you are going to face the bully, punch first and fast. Make them blink, and hang on.

Pierce and Kg will give it their last Hurah...it may be enough in the first round.

I don't see the Celts beating them in a 7 game series in  East finals.

I think Doc and Danny may be preparing for this. Because of ...

Riley’s response: “Danny Ainge needs to shut the (expletive) up and manage his own team.”

This saga started Wednesday after Miami’s 27-game winning streak ended in Chicago. James told reporters that night that he does not believe some of the hard fouls he takes are “basketball plays.” A day later, Ainge told Boston radio station WEEI that “it’s almost embarrassing that LeBron would complain about officiating.”

Riley was clearly irked, calling Ainge “the biggest whiner going when he was a player.”

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=12897#ixzz2PKdWvaVf

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: If we get the 8th Seed/the Miami Machine is going down with a Thud!

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/9086178/jason-terry-says-boston-celtics-miami-heat-matchup-playoffs-fireworks

This guy is going to have to back up his words...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/03/30/could-80s-flashback-fire-up-heat/

Chicago gaves us another clue of how to frustrate the Heat...PHYSICAL!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I like your attiude Ortiz. Like it a lot. 

I don't think the Celts are afraid of Miami. 

Any team the Celts play is a bad matchup for us - but to an extent for the other team as well based on our experience. 

KG's health is a key though, he's got to get better. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Im assuming both KG and PP and Lee will be 100% for us to pull off the upset for the ages..

For Doc and ainge to get some revenge, and for Allen to regret his move...lol

When you are such an uderdog, you have nothing to lose.

Got to put the pressure on Miami by taking them deep...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i like to think we would have something of a puncher's chance against miami. but - given OP's scenerio - can we realistically expect to oust the david stern nba's marquee player and team in the first round of this year's playoffs? no, we cannot.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Hah! Great post Ortiz! I was just thinking the same thing and there was your post. I can see it now...we knock off Miami and then then bow out in the second round. I could live with that. Would not be a bad way to end the Big 3 era.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to mbrann's comment:

Hah! Great post Ortiz! I was just thinking the same thing and there was your post. I can see it now...we knock off Miami and then then bow out in the second round. I could live with that. Would not be a bad way to end the Big 3 era.

A most excellent way to exit...I just don't think we have enough left in the tank for the whole enchilada...Last year Kg was on fire, but faded badly in the seventh game...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

i like to think we would have something of a puncher's chance against miami. but - given OP's scenerio - can we realistically expect to oust the david stern nba's marquee player and team in the first round of this year's playoffs? no, we cannot.  

That's pretty much it...so why not take your best shot early...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

You'll probably get your wish as to the 8th seed. Milwaukee took the series from us 3-1 and looks to have an easier schedule for the rest of the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to mbrann's comment:

Agree.   It would be great to see us win a series against Miami even if we don't advance to the NBA finals.  If someone else advances to the NBA finals instead of Miami I would be happy with that scenario. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

Thanks for the laughs my friend, but the only way the Celtics are beating the Heat in the near future is if the Heat's team plane crashes.

Stay blessed!

Ditto the lakers beating the Spurs

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Thanks for the laughs my friend, but the only way the Celtics are beating the Heat in the near future is if the Heat's team plane crashes.

Stay blessed!

Stalk much?

Stay blessed!

Yes You do. 

As-salam Alaykum 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Stay blessed!

Stalk much?

Stay blessed!

This is not a guarantee..I am only suggesting that this is our BEST chance to win..

I know we don't have a very good chance, but I would rather play them early than later..and take them to 7 games....

Of course I never said we would win the title or that our record would be 73-9 either..and its also nice to know that we actually have 1st round draft picks in this decade ..

.....lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

I think we match up better with them or the Pacers. We might catch them off guard.

I know they just finished a 27 game winning streak and are the defending chumps, but,

Wade may not be 100%/ we tend to get in his head. With the bucks, they may have an easy first round and give Wade some rest. Not so with the Celts.

If you are going to face the bully, punch first and fast. Make them blink, and hang on.

Pierce and Kg will give it their last Hurah...it may be enough in the first round.

Riley’s response: “Danny Ainge needs to shut the (expletive) up and manage his own team.”

This saga started Wednesday after Miami’s 27-game winning streak ended in Chicago. James told reporters that night that he does not believe some of the hard fouls he takes are “basketball plays.” A day later, Ainge told Boston radio station WEEI that “it’s almost embarrassing that LeBron would complain about officiating.”

Riley was clearly irked, calling Ainge “the biggest whiner going when he was a player.”

Most of the talking heads that predict the Celtic's playoff future, only look at their record, stats, and they have little understanding of what the Celtics are capable of doing.

While intact, the team that played after Rondo went down will be formidable. Last year, we had no Jeff Green, and we had no bench. This year, while intact, The Cs beat most of the best teams in the NBA. Furthermore, the Celtics played without Bradley last year, and he will be back to his pesky self once KG comes back.

Who ever we play, I like our chances. Let the NBA stars ring up the stats, and the accolades while the Celtics focus on winning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Most of the talking heads that predict the Celtic's playoff future, only look at their record, stats, and they have little understanding of what the Celtics are capable of doing.

While intact, the team that played after Rondo went down will be formidable. Last year, we had no Jeff Green, and we had no bench. This year, while intact, The Cs beat most of the best teams in the NBA. Furthermore, the Celtics played without Bradley last year, and he will be back to his pesky self once KG comes back.

Who ever we play, I like our chances. Let the NBA stars ring up the stats, and the accolades while the Celtics focus on winning.

I agree, this team has enough to be dangerous for anybody in a 7 game series..

My concern is going throught 3-7 games series..that would be our downfall...

and the Celts do not get intimidated by Miami..on the contrary, they get up for them...

KG and PP have too much pride to go down without givng their best...that's good enought for me..but they will need a lot of help from Green, Bradley,Terry, and Lee...

I was pulling for Danny to trade KG and PP at midpoint for some youth(CLippers), but since it did not happen..I'm all in...