if yahoo story is true

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

if yahoo story is true

how stupid would the celts be if they had a chance to grab a lottery pick oj mayo and get rid of pierce and allen our future would be looking really good now but seeing as it did not go down we will be out of the playoffs in the first maybe if lucky second round and have nothing but an old worn out team. way to go danny boy you s u c k

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: if yahoo story is true

In Response to if yahoo story is true:
    [QUOTE]how stupid would the celts be if they had a chance to grab a lottery pick oj mayo and get rid of pierce and allen our future would be looking really good now but seeing as it did not go down we will be out of the playoffs in the first maybe if lucky second round and have nothing but an old worn out team. way to go danny boy you s u c k
    Posted by vegasredsox[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]how stupid would the celts be if they had a chance to grab a lottery pick oj mayo and get rid of pierce and allen our future would be looking really good now but seeing as it did not go down we will be out of the playoffs in the first maybe if lucky second round and have nothing but an old worn out team. way to go danny boy you s u c k

If the story is true then obviously Memphis didn't want to go through with the deal.  Why do you assume that Ainge pulled those deals off the table?  Nothing in the article suggests that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Link,please?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Huh??????????????????????????????????????????????

As Always,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: if yahoo story is true:
    [QUOTE]Link,please?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Could have been Nets that pulled the deal or Memphis or even could have been Danny deciding that he wanted to give the Big 3 one more chance.   Not sure we'll ever really know what happened.   Easy for us to judge when we don't have all the facts because we weren't in the negotiations and don't really know what was said, offered, nor who pulled the deal off the table.

One thing's for sure - I still remember when we had the most ping pong balls and the Spurs got Duncan while we got Chauncey Billups and Ron Mercer.  So, maybe Danny remembered his history and thought that nothing in the draft is guaranteed until you actually get the 1st or 2nd draft choice.   Heck, Portland got the 1st choice two times and got Bowie and Oden!!!  

The draft doesn't guarantee a future.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

thank god for ainge. I WOULDNT ACCEPT THAT DEAL. Y DO YOU PEOPLE ASSUME OJ MAYO IS SOME SECOND COMING OF JORDN. THERE'S A reason he comes off the bench! he's a poor man's ray allen, we already have the rich man's ray allen in ray allen. lottery picks are guaranteees to make you better? try talking to portland moron and others! how many lottery type picks did the celtics have in the late 90s and early 2000s? i LOVE what ainge did. even if in the worse case scenario we ftap out in the first round, it was still worth it. is there a guarantee miamiwins the ring despite their big 3 risk? life is a risk, no guarantees. you dont think rr has gotten better by having the big 3 around to finally figure things out with, you dont think likewise with AB and steamer? had you traded pp and ra, that would have meant also trading kg essentially.

this team's future is solid, lottery pick or not. you dont think kg is worth bringing back next season as a starting center? pp is not still elite when he still plays tough defense and can pour in 40+ and get to the line 20 times against a tough elite defensive team? next season, we get back wilcox, peach and green on one year deals to lead the bench PLUS we can sign a humphries at PF or get in play for a hibbert and play kg off the bench or back at PF. or sign both humph and hibbert and say bye to both ray and kg and bring back a bass while going young with all those draft picks, jj, steamer and a moore. ainge has given himself maximal flexibility. with one more year left, u dont think we could trade pp in the off-season for a hibbert or a gasol (straight-up).

we hold all the salary cap rrom and cards! ainge is in the driver's seat! none of the deals he passed on i would have mad or regret... none!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to if yahoo story is true : Could have been Nets that pulled the deal or Memphis or even could have been Danny deciding that he wanted to give the Big 3 one more chance.   Not sure we'll ever really know what happened.   Easy for us to judge when we don't have all the facts because we weren't in the negotiations and don't really know what was said, offered, nor who pulled the deal off the table. One thing's for sure - I still remember when we had the most ping pong balls and the Spurs got Duncan while we got Chauncey Billups and Ron Mercer.  So, maybe Danny remembered his history and thought that nothing in the draft is guaranteed until you actually get the 1st or 2nd draft choice.   Heck, Portland got the 1st choice two times and got Bowie and Oden!!!   The draft doesn't guarantee a future.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Bowie was not the first pick in the draft, he was second, Mj was third. Olajuwan was the first pick!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The Celtics looked to be a non-factor before the trade deadline. Listless play, young guys like Stiemsma and Bradley hadn't developed, they lost Wilcox and O'Neal, the Big 3 looked old and Rondo looked to be running hot and cold. I probably would've blown it up if I was Ainge, and I was surprised he didn't to be honest.

I am convinced that at least some of the team's ills were because the players were worried about being traded and the vets needed to get in shape or turn up the intensity. They have done that. Couple that with the emerence of Bradley and Stiemsma and this team looks to be at the very least a tough out in round 2 of the playoffs. I don't think they'll win it all, but they are fun to watch. One more year with the Big 3 wasn't so bad afterall.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: if yahoo story is true :  Bowie was not the first pick in the draft, he was second, Mj was third. Olajuwan was the first pick!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]had olajuwon gone to portland and tasted their water, he would have been hakeem the NIGHTMARE from all his knee injuries that would have derailed his career just as well! that franchise is CURSED i tell ya! now its poor aldridge time!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The deals were not done because Memphis and New Jersey did not go through with them.

They were good trades.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Nets chose Wallace over pierce because he is younger, a friend of Dwight Howard, and has only next year on the books with his contract

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Ainge shopped our guys and couldn't get a good deal. OJ Mayo is never winning a championship so need to cry for not having him on our team. 

The east is looking pretty wide open, so right now I'm not clear why you are so down on our team? I assume it's because we lost a game to the Knicks where they shot the lights out? You do realize the Celts have the best record since the All Star break right? 

p.s. you realize the "old worn out team" will clear Ray and KG off the cap in the offseason right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]thank god for ainge. I WOULDNT ACCEPT THAT DEAL. Y DO YOU PEOPLE ASSUME OJ MAYO IS SOME SECOND COMING OF JORDN. THERE'S A reason he comes off the bench! he's a poor man's ray allen, we already have the rich man's ray allen in ray allen. lottery picks are guaranteees to make you better? try talking to portland moron and others! how many lottery type picks did the celtics have in the late 90s and early 2000s? i LOVE what ainge did. even if in the worse case scenario we ftap out in the first round, it was still worth it. is there a guarantee miamiwins the ring despite their big 3 risk? life is a risk, no guarantees. you dont think rr has gotten better by having the big 3 around to finally figure things out with, you dont think likewise with AB and steamer? had you traded pp and ra, that would have meant also trading kg essentially. this team's future is solid, lottery pick or not. you dont think kg is worth bringing back next season as a starting center? pp is not still elite when he still plays tough defense and can pour in 40+ and get to the line 20 times against a tough elite defensive team? next season, we get back wilcox, peach and green on one year deals to lead the bench PLUS we can sign a humphries at PF or get in play for a hibbert and play kg off the bench or back at PF. or sign both humph and hibbert and say bye to both ray and kg and bring back a bass while going young with all those draft picks, jj, steamer and a moore. ainge has given himself maximal flexibility. with one more year left, u dont think we could trade pp in the off-season for a hibbert or a gasol (straight-up). we hold all the salary cap rrom and cards! ainge is in the driver's seat! none of the deals he passed on i would have mad or regret... none!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Well said.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

I would of done the Mayo deal in a heartbeat and I love ray allen

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Ainge shopped our guys and couldn't get a good deal. OJ Mayo is never winning a championship so need to cry for not having him on our team.  The east is looking pretty wide open, so right now I'm not clear why you are so down on our team? I assume it's because we lost a game to the Knicks where they shot the lights out? You do realize the Celts have the best record since the All Star break right?  p.s. you realize the "old worn out team" will clear Ray and KG off the cap in the offseason right?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

You might want to check your facts a little more...
    Since the All-star break San Antonio is 20-6.
    Boston is 21-9 and the Lakers are 19-9. Didn't check other teams.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]I would of done the Mayo deal in a heartbeat and I love ray allen
    Posted by Rebels345209[/QUOTE]

Then you must not know Mayo's warts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0qAJW2u5yk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0fn9TCjLic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpwd7rVx9v4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eENYwO85UA8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPC3t0fHGiU

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: if yahoo story is true : http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--celtics--big-three-nearly-split-at-trade-deadline.html;_ylt=AnCZKKZnagx3H_uo1KP4wEa8vLYF

Thanks - says "the deal fell apart"..........kind of vague.  If they TOLD him he had been traded, however, don't you think that MEM was the one that backed out?  I mean, if WE were pushing the deal, we would tell him at the last minute, don't you think?  And Pierce to NJ?  Didn't sound like it had much momentum!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: if yahoo story is true :  Bowie was not the first pick in the draft, he was second, Mj was third. Olajuwan was the first pick!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

OK, you're right.  My mistake.   

Revised post:  Ask the Portland Trailblazers about having the 2nd pick in the draft and how it worked out for them.  The point is still the same.  Kwame Brown, Wahl, Bowie, Oden, and many others are a bust.  Having the first (or second in the case of Bowie) pick in the draft is no guarantee.

Satisfied now?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: if yahoo story is true : Thanks - says "the deal fell apart"..........kind of vague.  If they TOLD him he had been traded, however, don't you think that MEM was the one that backed out?  I mean, if WE were pushing the deal, we would tell him at the last minute, don't you think?  And Pierce to NJ?  Didn't sound like it had much momentum!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

You asking me or just asking the board in general?   I do think its vague and who knows which one backed out!   See my post on this above.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]thank god for ainge. I WOULDNT ACCEPT THAT DEAL. Y DO YOU PEOPLE ASSUME OJ MAYO IS SOME SECOND COMING OF JORDN. THERE'S A reason he comes off the bench! he's a poor man's ray allen, we already have the rich man's ray allen in ray allen. lottery picks are guaranteees to make you better? try talking to portland moron and others! how many lottery type picks did the celtics have in the late 90s and early 2000s? i LOVE what ainge did. even if in the worse case scenario we ftap out in the first round, it was still worth it. is there a guarantee miamiwins the ring despite their big 3 risk? life is a risk, no guarantees. you dont think rr has gotten better by having the big 3 around to finally figure things out with, you dont think likewise with AB and steamer? had you traded pp and ra, that would have meant also trading kg essentially. this team's future is solid, lottery pick or not. you dont think kg is worth bringing back next season as a starting center? pp is not still elite when he still plays tough defense and can pour in 40+ and get to the line 20 times against a tough elite defensive team? next season, we get back wilcox, peach and green on one year deals to lead the bench PLUS we can sign a humphries at PF or get in play for a hibbert and play kg off the bench or back at PF. or sign both humph and hibbert and say bye to both ray and kg and bring back a bass while going young with all those draft picks, jj, steamer and a moore. ainge has given himself maximal flexibility. with one more year left, u dont think we could trade pp in the off-season for a hibbert or a gasol (straight-up). we hold all the salary cap rrom and cards! ainge is in the driver's seat! none of the deals he passed on i would have mad or regret... none!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

All great points, my friend.  Good post.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: if yahoo story is true : You asking me or just asking the board in general?   I do think its vague and who knows which one backed out!   See my post on this above.

No, just a general comment - anyone can answer, but it's kind of rhetorical, since it didn't happen anyway!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

. . . and if Custer hadn't divided his command, he might not have lost.

. . . and if Ted Kennedy had accepted Nixon's offer to deal, we'd all have health insurance.

. . .  and if Britain hadn't "appeased" Hitler, he still would have taken Poland.

Second guessing history sucks big time.  :-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

So I was right about the possibility of Pierce being traded ... so much for Fierce's mocking with his archives on that one. That should confirm that if he isn't traded this summer then he will be traded or waived before 6/30/13 to void the final year of his contract ... come to grips, it's still a business!