I'll Take Krstic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: I'll Take Krstic

In Response to I'll Take Krstic:
    [QUOTE]OK......now that the season is winding down and we look ahead, I thought I'd compare what these guys bring to the table... Perk......6-10 280/27 years old/starting his 9th year.....career averages: 6.4 PPG 6.1 RPG 1.4 BPG 1.0 APG .561 FGP (mostly dunks and tip ins) .601 FTP 22.4 MPG Krstic....7-0 240/28 years old/starting his 8th year.....career averages: 10.0 PPG 5.4 RPG 0.7 BPG 0.8 APG .494 FGP (good jump shooter) .730 FTP 25.2 MPG Krstic is a better shooter.....Perk's scoring usually comes from close to the basket...Krstic is a better free throw shooter and definitely has the better hands...blocks and assists are very close and favor Perk...minutes are about even...Perk known for his strong interior defense and being an enforcer....Krstic more in the "Vlade" or "Pau" finesse mold....also the better athlete... All in all, I think Krstic has a better all around game and a higher ceiling....he just needs to understand his role, be it starter or bench player.... Now look at part two of this trade....Jeff Green, 6-9 24 year old athletic swing man...(could develop into a "poor man's James Worthy" type?).......and we gave up Nate for him.... Advantage: Boston.........I hated the trade at the time.....but going forward, I like it a lot as a Celtic fan....even with Perk this year, with Rondo's injury, I don't see us winning....so we are now set up better going forward....thoughts?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Wow, folks.....let it go!  The trade is done. Why beat the drum about each player's stats as they are different players with different strengths and in different situations (their teams need them to do different things).   Its done so why not move on?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: I'll Take Krstic:
    [QUOTE]It's hard to move on when you trade away the next Bill Russell mid season.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Smile.  Good post.  LMAO.

We lost.  Perk may have helped with rebounding and defense, but in the end, we lost because (a) Miami played terrific in clutch parts of the game, (b)  Shaq never came back and we missed his offense, (c) because Rondo got hurt and we are very much dependent on our Point Guard, (d) we didn't execute plays the coach called, (e) we didn't rebound well enough.

Perk may have helped a little in those categories, but that's all.     

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Perk is a role player. Kristic is a role player.
    That is giving each their due.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

get a grip, we all are diappointed about the playoffs, the poster make a good post cormparing Perk and Kristic and it appears that they are different but cancel each other out, Jeff was a plus pick up for us and the draft choice is yet to be seen, it is very clear we got the best of the deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]Actually Ray Allen had a lot of difficult nights after Perk was traded because of the lack of proper picks set for him.  Perk was a big wide body and Ray used him effectively to get open.  That stopped when Perk was traded.  Not really a bunch of LOL IMO!  Just a Fact!
    Posted by larry1717[/QUOTE]

A fact?
    Ray had his best regular season as a Celtic (with his best shotting %) before Perkins came back from injury. And guess what, the Cs defense was top notch without Perk. Rondo was traded into his talentless twin after the all star game, that is why Pierce, Allen and Perk were double teamed every game and we got into trouble.

I guess you better ask Chandler, Dirk or even Haywood and Barea (!) how much they fear Perk. They make dunk after dunk, layup after layup against him in the paint. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Perkins was, is, and will always be a slow guy with no hands.  How many legal picks vs. illegal picks did he set?  How many times did he hurt Boston with techs, stupid techs?  He's gone, and I'm happy with what they received in return, especially since he was going to do the Tony Allen dance and expect to get all-star dollars.  Bye-bye.  I like watching a big guy catch the ball, and then go right up instead of either flubbing it or getting it thrown back in his face after meaningless "fakes".  Right - no one was faked but Perkins.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Still talking about Perk? lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'll Take Krstic : Krstic was born in 1983 so he will be 28 years old in July.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]My mistake. However, it's even more alarming that he plays like an old man at the relatively young age of 27. I still think he can make a serviceable back-up center provided he comes cheap.