I'm All in For Amare

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: I'm All in For Amare

I think Danny has waited on PP and Kg long enough..time to go younger...This may be the prime time to get a Cousings or Big Al...and really they both will help..we get younger and at the same time should be trouble for some teams in the playoffs...Sully, RR, AB, Cousins, and Melo make for a very good start to rebuilding process..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

AWEFUL proposal.

The last thing we need is another aging, soft, often injured, tweener big man.  and I would definitely not include Green (or Bradley) in any package.  They will be a key contributors (including Rondo if he isn't traded) on a new Celtics team.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting thought, Fierce.................but..........there are two teams Red never dealt with, and the OTHER was the Knicks!

We just don't do business with them.

[/QUOTE]

didn't we trade for bob mcadoo? i'm sure red made that trade.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it was a disaster.  He didn't tell Coach Cowens.........and we gave up 3 1st rounders.

[/QUOTE]

Red didn't make that trade.  The owner - John Y Brown?- did it behind Red's back.  Red was so angry he threatened to resign.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I do not think there is any trade that brings us a title.  I say go for a high pick and make moves to the future.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do not think there is any trade that brings us a title.  I say go for a high pick and make moves to the future.

[/QUOTE]

I am all in for the lottery.  It had to happen, all good runs come to pass.  Feature Bradley, Green, Sullinger.  Bring Melo up for the last 3rd. of the season and let him get his feet wet.  Plan on lottery and get it going again in a year.  The Celts have some good potential in place.  But they will not be ready for this season.  And I don't want to sacrifice them to salvage this season.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am all in for the lottery.  It had to happen, all good runs come to pass.  Feature Bradley, Green, Sullinger.  Bring Melo up for the last 3rd. of the season and let him get his feet wet.  Plan on lottery and get it going again in a year.  The Celts have some good potential in place.  But they will not be ready for this season.  And I don't want to sacrifice them to salvage this season.

[/QUOTE]

The Celts are just one big man away from being a very good team again.

All the problems the Celts are facing are caused by incompetent role players. Bass, Lee, and Green are not getting it done.

Bass - Very weak on defense and also a very poor rebounder for a PF.

Green - Inconsistent.

Lee - Can't make open shots on a regular basis.

Replace those 3 guys with one player like Amare and everything changes. 

[/QUOTE]

I am not so sure anymore about being one player away.    Our entire defense is horrid. We have to get some guys that can put the ball in the hole.  Guys that KG and Paul don't have to work their butt of for in order to score.  

I would definitely like to move on cousins and evans.  Two youngs guys that can play. Even Jimmy F. would get open shots for us.  We just don't make enough compared to the other teams layups.  I am about at the point no one is off limits if we can get a player or two to build around.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

this is just stunning.  fierce craps on any and all who tell the truth about how lousy of a coach rivers is and anyone who says the "wrong" people (according to him) have to go.  and then he claims rivers, rondo and everything but the farts in the seats are sacred cows on this team, then he comes out with this dimwitted trade idea.

NEWS UPDATE: knicks are in the same conference and would do NO SUCH DEAL EVER with the celtics!!  beyond that, amoron softemire, while a pleasing dunker every so often is a horrendous defensive player who has been through HOW MANY microfracture procedures on those knees?

you have got to be kidding me.  only he isn't!  he's totally SERIOUS.  get some fish oil caplets quickly fierce- never to late to try

:-O

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the only way i would trade for amare is if it takes us Collins to get him...and still I would think about it...amare is cancer..

[/QUOTE]

look at how great the kanicks are doing without him!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think people here are forgetting how good Amare can be.  When healthy he is one of top offensive players in the NBA and he can board.

his contract however is an issue.

[/QUOTE]

he plays defense like a blow up doll and gets hurt like a china doll dropped from a table

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

Tonight the Celts once again got blown out by a team from the west.

Green, Bass, and Lee once again proved that they are expendable.

It's easy for us fans to say what we want. But the reality is Amare is the only big man out there, that can score and rebound, that's available.

Sure Cousins and the others like Pau Gasol would be better. But it's either they're not available or the Celts can't afford them.

[/QUOTE]

Lipshitts- i mean holy moly, C'MON!!!  you cannot get ANY TEAM to take on 9M a year and 6M a year and 5M a year for guys who all combined together are playing like a 7 million dollar a year guy under doc rivers' incomptence-ocracy!!!! 

you have to PUMP UP a player before you trade them!!  bass is trending into the trash can and lee never got out of the trash can.  green finally took some shots in a game- 5-18 with 4 of the 18 blocked.  NOBODY WANTS THAT CRAP ON THEIR TEAM

this is why you have to, if you are a REASONABLE THINKING PERSON, determine that the one thing that has GOT TO GO AWAY before this team gets better by trade or by play is DOC-THE-CROCK RIVERS- he is like a PLAGUE upon this team right now- that EVERYONE is underachieving to stunning levels is NOT AN ACCIDENT

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not so sure anymore about being one player away.    Our entire defense is horrid. We have to get some guys that can put the ball in the hole.  Guys that KG and Paul don't have to work their butt of for in order to score.  

I would definitely like to move on cousins and evans.  Two youngs guys that can play. Even Jimmy F. would get open shots for us.  We just don't make enough compared to the other teams layups.  I am about at the point no one is off limits if we can get a player or two to build around.

[/QUOTE]

The problem with the Celtic defense is they don't have the right personnel on the court almost every time.

Right now Terry shouldn't be starting.  I have been saying that for weeks.  He is a sixth man, has been for years,  thats his comfort zone.  offense from the bench.  Its kind of like us always trying to make a 2 guard a point guard.  Crazy

When Bass comes in, it's like the dam broke. Sully take his minutes

If the Celts have Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Amare, and KG starting and Sully and Terry comes off the bench, the Celts will have more balance.  I would rather insert Cousins in there

Jason Collins starting is not a good idea because Collins is just a 3rd string Center. Sure he provides solid defense. But when it comes to competing with the young guys for rebounds and loose balls, he's not athletic enough.

Everything changes when you have a big who can rebound and score inside. By having an Amare, you can win by outgunning your opponent. Right now if the Celts don't shoot well they lose. There are 2 ways to winning a basketball game, it's either you slow it down and play halfcourt basketball or you run and gun. Right now the Celts don't have that run and gun option because they're missing that scorer.  Thats what Lee, Terry and Greene were suppose to do.

[/QUOTE]

Let me shorten it up for you. The problem with our defense is our guard flat do not stop penetration to the rim. Period. Another big in there and more than likely they will foul out or allow layups. We don't rebound. Period.  We have a reboeunder but he plays like 18 minutes a game.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting thought, Fierce.................but..........there are two teams Red never dealt with, and the OTHER was the Knicks!

We just don't do business with them.

[/QUOTE]

didn't we trade for bob mcadoo? i'm sure red made that trade.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it was a disaster.  He didn't tell Coach Cowens.........and we gave up 3 1st rounders.

[/QUOTE]

Red didn't make that trade.  The owner - John Y Brown?- did it behind Red's back.  Red was so angry he threatened to resign.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is correct.  Phyllis George liked McAdoo, so her husband traded for him.  Disaster.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to genaro008's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Another draft like this year,,and we are back in the hunt..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The problem with the Celtic defense is they don't have the right personnel on the court almost every time.

Right now Terry shouldn't be starting.  I have been saying that for weeks.  He is a sixth man, has been for years,  thats his comfort zone.  offense from the bench.  Its kind of like us always trying to make a 2 guard a point guard.  Crazy

When Bass comes in, it's like the dam broke. Sully take his minutes

If the Celts have Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Amare, and KG starting and Sully and Terry comes off the bench, the Celts will have more balance.  I would rather insert Cousins in there

Jason Collins starting is not a good idea because Collins is just a 3rd string Center. Sure he provides solid defense. But when it comes to competing with the young guys for rebounds and loose balls, he's not athletic enough.

Everything changes when you have a big who can rebound and score inside. By having an Amare, you can win by outgunning your opponent. Right now if the Celts don't shoot well they lose. There are 2 ways to winning a basketball game, it's either you slow it down and play halfcourt basketball or you run and gun. Right now the Celts don't have that run and gun option because they're missing that scorer.  Thats what Lee, Terry and Greene were suppose to do.

[/QUOTE]

Let me shorten it up for you. The problem with our defense is our guard flat do not stop penetration to the rim. Period. Another big in there and more than likely they will foul out or allow layups. We don't rebound. Period.  We have a reboeunder but he plays like 18 minutes a game.

[/QUOTE]

The probem is they give up more points than they score...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right now Terry shouldn't be starting.

When Bass comes in, it's like the dam broke.

If the Celts have Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Amare, and KG starting and Sully and Terry comes off the bench, the Celts will have more balance.

Everything changes when you have a big who can rebound and score inside. By having an Amare, you can win by outgunning your opponent. Right now if the Celts don't shoot well they lose. There are 2 ways to winning a basketball game, it's either you slow it down and play halfcourt basketball or you run and gun. Right now the Celts don't have that run and gun option because they're missing that scorer.

[/QUOTE]

Fierce, you have to get stops first...you can't out gun every team...night in an night out..