I'm All in For Amare

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: I'm All in For Amare

another thing: i don't think anyone is going to take bradley w/o seeing he's ok with the shoulders. so trading him depends on when he gets back.

if he is like the bradley of old i wouldn't trade him, period. A defender like him is too valuable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Getting back to the way the Knicks defended in the first few weeks of the season (they ranked fourth defensively through Nov. 20) or the way they defended last season (they ranked fifth in 2011-12) will be more difficult with Stoudemire now in the mix. He’s a notoriously bad defender and he’s not at 100 percent.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I don't think Amare is worth giving up Green. Green's value is pretty low right now but I feel he'll come around when he gets his confidence and it'll take time. Even if we trade for Amare (rumor has it not a single GM in the league is interested) that doesn't put us into the mix of contenders, so it's not worth giving up our future. And I believe AB, Sully and Green are a part of that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Gasol is a different animal worth considering but he's a pretty sensitive guy, could he leave a trade behind him fast enough? When healthy and zoned in I'd like a KG-Gasol combo.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Im still waiting for 'acie's" suggestion.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to srinivasa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Amare is worth giving up Green. Green's value is pretty low right now but I feel he'll come around when he gets his confidence and it'll take time. Even if we trade for Amare (rumor has it not a single GM in the league is interested) that doesn't put us into the mix of contenders, so it's not worth giving up our future. And I believe AB, Sully and Green are a part of that.

[/QUOTE]

Green doesn't have that scorer's mentality. If he can't average 16 ppg then he's not worth keeping at 9m per year.

Jeff Green can't be traded until Jan. 15. So he has a few more games left to prove the doubters wrong.

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have Big Al or Gortat than Amare..................also, I have determined that the deal with trading for Gasol is Howard.  He is holding the lakers hostage (his MO).  If they trade Gasol now AND Howard walks, they are screwed................if they wait until (IF) he resigns, they would make a totally different trade.  They HAVE to hold onto Gasol until they see where DH will sign.  ( I still like ATL)

I read in the Times today where there are actually people that want to trade DH for Lopez, so he can go to BKN......................I say they should have kept Bynum, cranky knees and all!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to srinivasa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Green doesn't have that scorer's mentality. If he can't average 16 ppg then he's not worth keeping at 9m per year.

Jeff Green can't be traded until Jan. 15. So he has a few more games left to prove the doubters wrong.

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather have Big Al or Gortat than Amare..................also, I have determined that the deal with trading for Gasol is Howard.  He is holding the lakers hostage (his MO).  If they trade Gasol now AND Howard walks, they are screwed................if they wait until (IF) he resigns, they would make a totally different trade.  They HAVE to hold onto Gasol until they see where DH will sign.  ( I still like ATL)

I read in the Times today where there are actually people that want to trade DH for Lopez, so he can go to BKN......................I say they should have kept Bynum, cranky knees and all!

[/QUOTE]

The Nets trade makes the most sense for them.  DH is not going to be happy.  The Celtics on the other hand may be bringing Melo to show him off for a trade.  Of course I am just speculating.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

Like I said, acie, I don't disagree with what you're saying. I'm simply asking you who do you think the Celtics should get? 

The only reason why I said Amare is because everyone knows he's available.

Now, who do you think the Celtics should trade for?

[/QUOTE]

i think the celtics should trade for a cheap masher like mozgov.  amare is a TWENTY MILLION DOLLAR NIGHTMARE.  isn't that obvious to everyone?????  why would you want to dump another MASSIVELY overpaid stiff onto the roster like amare?  most especially one who can't play defense?  we have ENOUGH problems with defense.

i think "who should the celtics keep" is a much more intriguing question.  IF the right trade came along, i would spare almost nobody.  rondo's up for sale, pierce, garnett- you want 'em?  let's work a deal- a deal that's GOOD FOR US.  if not don't do the deal.

but it's painfully obvious to me that the ship has sailed on a core of pierce and garnett being elite and with a nincompoop like  rivers calling the shots, you are going to have EVERY SINGLE BENCH PLAYER / NEW PLAYER be in a malaise that will likely never end.  look at all our new players this year.  only sullinger is producing anything worth having.  and he's a rookie.

dammit fierce you have to be smarter than this amare TRASH!!!  it's like getting mesermized with a shiny object glinting in the sun- a nugget of fool's gold- the most expensive one ever- 20 million this year, even more next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Im still waiting for 'acie's" suggestion.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[/QUOTE]

see below jerky.  i can't believe you bozos can't see the forest from the trees on this.  you do not go dumping an multi-year SUPER MAX contract onto a team that needs to be DISMANTLED at the end of the year!!!!  'specially one who can't play D and is on the decline.

so get mozgov or a similar 7 foot with basic competencies.  WHOOPSY we already had darko get repulsed out of the organization by doc rivers.  how would mozgov fare any better.

the best suggestion i can give is to get a strong grip on yoruself and yank your heads out from between your lower set of cheeks and come to the realization that this team owes doc rivers NOTHING and that it's RIVERS who is the reason why this team is stinko.  you take and change out that one piece that does not even touch a basketball and a lot of things are going to normalize on this team.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.