I'm rooting for Dallas for Two(2) main reasons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I'm rooting for Dallas for Two(2) main reasons

I'm rooting for Dallas for 2 main reasons, I'm not happy the Heat beat us and I don't believe it was because our big 3 was too old as Kidd, Terry & Dirk are 38, 34 & 33 respectively so are not youngsters and I want Dirk and Jason Kidd (probably his last chance) to win NBA titles. Dirk has led Dallas to 11 Playoffs & this is his 2nd final. He is a 10 time NBA all star and the best power forward, I believe, since our own Larry Bird.

As I reflect over & over on our loss to the Heat in 5 games, I can't remember a closer 4-1 series. We were tied 80-80 in Game 2 and led most of the way in Games 4 & 5. Rondo getting hurt was a main factor as we really needed a healthy point guard down the stretch in Games 4 & 5 as there were some crucial possessions thrown away. Emotionally Rondo was an inspiration for the team but it wasn't enough and I feel Doc should have sat him down and played West.

There is definitely some luck involved many times in sports as our guys, and not too old either, are a good team with a good coach and even with injured players will make the opponents execute to perfection to beat them. Just a few turnovers in our favor, a few shots made and some missed contested shots by the Heat---I recall unhappily that we were beaten by some late 3 pointers by LeBron and we were in his face & contested them but the one in Game 4 tied the score & then he hit 2, the 2nd a real dagger, to seal Game 5.  Without these 3s it could have easily been 3-3 and who knows in game 7 ? And many feel he's a star and should have made those shots--- hmmm ???, look at his performance in Game 4 vs. the Mavs. For most of the games there were 5 battles and I feel Miami would have blown out a lesser team in 4 games.  And if we contested, defended even better, we got called for fouls. The Heat shot 9 to our 2 in the final quarter of game 5. UGH, I was reminded a bit of our game 7 loss to the Lakers & the tremendous disparity in fouls being a major contributor to the loss. Went back to the Box scores and here's another main  reason we lost. Five games fouls awarded & made, Miami first & then Boston, 32-26…18-14, +12 points, 36-27…22-17, +10 points, 19-14…17-14…"0"…WE WON !!!, 28-25…29-25…"0" and finally 38-26…20-14, +12 points.

Total for 5 games: Miami 153 made 117 and Celtics 106 made 84 which totals 153 awarded to 106 or +47 and made 117 to 84 or +33. Think if these were more even we would have won 1-2-3 more games ???  

OK, I'm crying & venting, Mea Culpa….

Go Red Sox
    \Red Sox
     Go Bruins 

\Bruins
    PS...I hate the Heat as much as the Yankees so I'm not completely despondent these days !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: I'm rooting for Dallas for Two(2) main reasons

A lot of NBA fans want to see Dallas win the championship since they really dislike Miami.  Not just Celtics fans, but I have friends and relatives living in other areas of the country that also want to see Dallas win.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cofj. Show cofj's posts

I'm definitely backing Dallas, but once again I have to disagree with this whole "more FTAs = biased or poor officiating".  In Miami you have 3 guys who consistently attack the basket and draw fouls.  Not just occasionally, but consistently.  Guys like Wade and Lebron are ALWAYS going to be controversial for the # of calls they get, but a LOT of that is because they DO get fouled more often.

Having said that, YES they get their fair share of blown calls as well (i.e Wade's ridiculous flop in game 3, or LeBron's awful acting against Chicago).  But as they always say, the aggressive team gets the calls.  I remember a certain Celtics team that got 38 FTAs while their opponents, a certain Lakers team, only shot 10.  Was that poor officiating?

Go Mavs.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In Response to Re: I'm rooting for Dallas for Two(2) main reasons:
    [QUOTE]Miami you have 3 guys who consistently attack the basket and draw fouls.  Posted by cofj[/QUOTE]

Bosh is a Shooting Power Forward just like KG. Dirk is attacking the rim much more often than Bosh in this series.
    James isn't in attacking moder either. Most of his dunks coming from uncontested fast breaks.
    Wade is the only Heat player attacking the basket consistently. Besides his points, most of scoring in the paint coming from putbacks and offensive rebounds not from drives.

Marion, Barea, Dirk, Chandler and even Terry are attacking the basket for the Mavs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I want the Mavericks to win because:

1. Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd both deserve rings to validate their incredibly good, underrated HOF careers. Jason Terry and Rick Carlisle should be rewarded too. Plus, how can you not root for an owner like Mark Cuban or a player like JJ Barea?

2. The LeBron James/Dwayne Wade/Chris Bosh troika could not be less likeable. I'm not a fan of the role players either. I've never liked Bibby, Miller, Howard, or Haslem. The only Heat players I respect are Joel Anthony and Eddie House. I suppose Zydrunas Ilgauskas is okay too.

Go Dallas!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cofj. Show cofj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm rooting for Dallas for Two(2) main reasons : Bosh is a Shooting Power Forward just like KG. Dirk is attacking the rim much more often than Bosh in this series. James isn't in attacking moder either. Most of his dunks coming from uncontested fast breaks. Wade is the only Heat player attacking the basket consistently. Besides his points, most of scoring in the paint coming from putbacks and offensive rebounds not from drives. Marion, Barea, Dirk, Chandler and even Terry are attacking the basket for the Mavs.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

I was talking about Miami vs. Boston more specifically, but to your point, Dallas shot 6 more FTs in game 1, Miami shot 3 more FTs in game 2, Dallas shot 12 more in game 3, and Dallas shot 6 more in game 4. 

So Dallas is up 23 FTAs, almost 6 a game, which just furthers my point Smile.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE] The LeBron James/Dwayne Wade/Chris Bosh troika could not be less likeable.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Why do you say "troika"? Are you from Russia?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainMugford. Show CaptainMugford's posts

[QUOTE]I want the Mavericks to win because: 1. Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd both deserve rings to validate their incredibly good, underrated HOF careers. Jason Terry and Rick Carlisle should be rewarded too. Plus, how can you not root for an owner like Mark Cuban or a player like JJ Barea? 2. The LeBron James/Dwayne Wade/Chris Bosh troika could not be less likeable. I'm not a fan of the role players either. I've never liked Bibby, Miller, Howard, or Haslem. The only Heat players I respect are Joel Anthony and Eddie House. I suppose Zydrunas Ilgauskas is okay too. Go Dallas!
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

You had me until the Mark Cuban part... Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Jason Kidd and John Stockton are like Craig Biggio in baseball.  Great career stats, bolstered by the fact they played for so long.  And like Stockton, I'll be happy to see Kidd finish without a ring.  Whatever juice Dirk puts in the clutch meter is sucked dry by Kidd and Stoyakabich.  There couldn't be 4 more deserving players at the top of the 0 rings list than Stockton, Malone, Kidd and Reggie Miller.