IN-DEPTH LOOK AT DANNY AINGE’S REMARKABLE CELTICS TRACK RECORD ON PERSONNEL DECISIONS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: IN-DEPTH LOOK AT DANNY AINGE’S REMARKABLE CELTICS TRACK RECORD ON PERSONNEL DECISIONS!

Right now I'm hoping Ainge trades whomever he has too to land Embiid, Wiggins, Jabari and Randle.

Too ambitious?

Really rebuild!!!!

Trade Rondo and picks for Embiid.

Trade Bradley and picks for Wiggins.

Trade Green and picks for Jabari.

Trade Sullinger and picks for Randle.

2015 starting lineup:

Pressey, Wiggins,Wallace, Bass and Olynyk.

Top reserves: Russ Smith, Bayless, Parker, Randle and Embiid.

If we could pull that off...in 3 years we will be back to the finals!!!!

Wiggins-Paul George

Parker-Carmelo Anthony (unselfish version)

Embiid- David Robinson

Randle- Zach Randolph

Russ Smith- Mo Williams

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: IN-DEPTH LOOK AT DANNY AINGE’S REMARKABLE CELTICS TRACK RECORD ON PERSONNEL DECISIONS!

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only really dissappointing Ainge decisions for me are:

1. Not drafting DeAndre Jordan when we only had Perk even though I begged him to on this page(must not read the Globe sports page)

2. Going after Sheed instead of Artest ( like I begged for years here) then watching Artest put the dagger in us for our last run for the ring.(Artest was the best Pierce killer and I wanted him on our side)

3. I think we got bad Karma for dumping Leon Powe the way we did. We didnt have to break the bank to keep him.

4. We should have kept Perk and Nate Robinson. Especially seeing how they have helped the teams they moved to. (Nate in Chicago and Perk helping OKC to their 1st NBA finals)

5.Trading Ray so many times and ticking him off, accelerating our decline.

6. Drafting Fab Melo over any other useful big (I liked Festus Ezeli but Miles Plumlee appears to be better)

But I don't have all the info he did so maybe he had good reason to kick Ray out and not sign Powe to at least 1 year.

But no excuse for the bad draft picks to me. I told him here who looked like a player!!!! (Like Phil Pressey last summer)

I'm not always right, but I'm NEVER WRONG! HA HA HA HA

[/QUOTE]

3. leon powe- was all done after his third knee injury- but did not need to be thrown out like yesterday's newspaper

4. dumping robinson on OKC- they did NOT want him, was another example of danny not managing doc rivers.  robinson did good work for us and provided needed spark off the bench, quickness and some decent outside shooting.  but rivers hated him.  so he was packaged up and sent away. 

in the same way that the glen davis trade was a reflection of doc rivers' personal issues with a player that should not have overshadowed the value we were getting vs. what we were giving.

now take that same lense and apply it to sheed- doc thought sheed could do no wrong.  only problem was that sheed PERSONALLY evaporated all of our leads when he was brought in as sixth man through his lazy out of shape play and poor attitude / lack of hustle.  the vets had to sit and watch their good work evaporate because rivers would not demand that sheed get into shape before clocking substantial minutes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The only really dissappointing Ainge decisions for me are:

1. Not drafting DeAndre Jordan when we only had Perk even though I begged him to on this page(must not read the Globe sports page)

2. Going after Sheed instead of Artest ( like I begged for years here) then watching Artest put the dagger in us for our last run for the ring.(Artest was the best Pierce killer and I wanted him on our side)

3. I think we got bad Karma for dumping Leon Powe the way we did. We didnt have to break the bank to keep him.

4. We should have kept Perk and Nate Robinson. Especially seeing how they have helped the teams they moved to. (Nate in Chicago and Perk helping OKC to their 1st NBA finals)

5.Trading Ray so many times and ticking him off, accelerating our decline.

6. Drafting Fab Melo over any other useful big (I liked Festus Ezeli but Miles Plumlee appears to be better)

But I don't have all the info he did so maybe he had good reason to kick Ray out and not sign Powe to at least 1 year.

But no excuse for the bad draft picks to me. I told him here who looked like a player!!!! (Like Phil Pressey last summer)

I'm not always right, but I'm NEVER WRONG! HA HA HA HA

[/QUOTE]

It 's funny how things work out sometimes - the Cs end up with Pressey without having to draft him! 

[/QUOTE]

PERRY JONES III WAS DRAFTED THE PICK AFTER THE FAB MELO PICK !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

nice post

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

sully isn't unproven.  he has a bit of a large butt, but he is a monster.  some guys play well with large butts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

I think DA did pretty well with the draft picks he chose. Considering most of them were picks 15 and higher. D. West was a solid player till the head-case issue set in (unforseeable). And Gerald Green has finally learned that the NBA isn't all about dunks (also unforseeable). Now he's doing well. He got the most out of Gomes and Big Al is still a large puzzle piece, A. Bradley is a keeper or nice trade chip, T. Allen, Sully...... None of these guys he picked up in the draft were lottery picks. The one lottery pick he did get, he turned it into a championship. How can anyone complain? The worst pick I thought he made was Marcus Banks (in hindsight). Noone is perfect and wins everytime. Not you. Not me. Noone. Melo was a gamble I would have taken as well. We were hard up for a center. Still are.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]

Right now I'm hoping Ainge trades whomever he has too to land Embiid, Wiggins, Jabari and Randle.

Too ambitious?

Really rebuild!!!!

Trade Rondo and picks for Embiid.

Trade Bradley and picks for Wiggins.

Trade Green and picks for Jabari.

Trade Sullinger and picks for Randle.

2015 starting lineup:

Pressey, Wiggins,Wallace, Bass and Olynyk.

Top reserves: Russ Smith, Bayless, Parker, Randle and Embiid.

If we could pull that off...in 3 years we will be back to the finals!!!!

Wiggins-Paul George

Parker-Carmelo Anthony (unselfish version)

Embiid- David Robinson

Randle- Zach Randolph

Russ Smith- Mo Williams

[/QUOTE]

As the rookies establish themselves we'll ultimately have a starting lineup of :

Pressey (Avery Johnson), Wiggins (Paul George), Parker (Carmelo Anthony), Olynyk (Dirk Nowitzki) and Embiid (David Robinson)

THAT'S what I'm talkin bout!!!!!!

Backed up by Russ Smith (Mo Williams), draft pick, draft pick, Randle (Zach Randolph), Kris Humphries.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Danny Ainge is a great Celtic and is a very good GM.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Danny Ainge is a great Celtic and a very good GM<

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

sully isn't unproven.  he has a bit of a large butt, but he is a monster.  some guys play well with large butts

[/QUOTE]

don't get me wrong- i like the guy- but two major back surgeries at a young age and he is ground bound.  i would say there are limitations there.  for as voracious a rebounder as he's supposed to be, and he does do good foot work and body work- i was hoping to see more REBS per minute than he's giving us right now- kind of like close to danny fortson levels.

if he stops bombing the 3's he'd be much better off for starters and do more banging down low and "CHORT" range jumpers.  but 2 back surgeries into it, i kind of need to see him healthy for two straight seasons before i'd say he's proven durability wise

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We need role players like Ethan Wragge of Creighton (6-7) (Kyle Korver) and Brady Heslip of Baylor (6-2)(John Paxson).

Isaiah Austin of Baylor could work too.

If they are in this summers draft, we may need to buy ourselves into a few 2nd round picks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

don't get me wrong- i like the guy- but two major back surgeries at a young age and he is ground bound.  i would say there are limitations there.  for as voracious a rebounder as he's supposed to be, and he does do good foot work and body work- i was hoping to see more REBS per minute than he's giving us right now- kind of like close to danny fortson levels.

if he stops bombing the 3's he'd be much better off for starters and do more banging down low and "CHORT" range jumpers.  but 2 back surgeries into it, i kind of need to see him healthy for two straight seasons before i'd say he's proven durability wise

[/QUOTE]

you're a tough critic.  the footwork and position is the key.  he can't jump but he eats up the boards