In The Prime Of Their Careers: R. Allen Vs. D. Wade?, K. Garnett Vs. D. Howard?, P. Pierce Vs. Lebron?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: In The Prime Of Their Careers: R. Allen Vs. D. Wade?, K. Garnett Vs. D. Howard?, P. Pierce Vs. Lebron?

In Response to Re: In The Prime Of Their Careers: R. Allen Vs. D. Wade?, K. Garnett Vs. D. Howard?, P. Pierce Vs. Lebron?:
    [QUOTE]genaro008 - Ask any GM in the league who they would take and in what order as of today and I guarantee KG wont be in the top 3. 
    Posted by koberulz[/QUOTE]

You are dense man.... the discussion is IN THEIR PRIME... and believe me KG in his prime was a beast on both ends of the court .... end of discussion!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Re: In The Prime Of Their Careers: R. Allen Vs. D. Wade?, K. Garnett Vs. D. Howard?, P. Pierce Vs. Lebron?

CASox - please try and stay with the conversation. Talk about being dense. As I previously stated, this is just for you:::::

You must have missed this which I posted earlier - -

Wade, in his prime led his team to the Finals in 2006, RA, in his prime never led the Supersonics anywhere except to the occasional playoffs.

Wade>RA

Howard, in his prime led his team to the 2009 Finals. KG, in his prime never led the T'wolves anywhere except to the occasional playoffs.

Howard />KG

Lebron, in his prime led his team to the Finals in 2007, PP, in his prime led the Celtics to a 24-58 season before the arrival of RA and KG. Embarassing and pathetic.

Lebron />PP

Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: In The Prime Of Their Careers: R. Allen Vs. D. Wade?, K. Garnett Vs. D. Howard?, P. Pierce Vs. Lebron?:
    [QUOTE]CASox - please try and stay with the conversation. Talk about being dense. As I previously stated, this is just for you::::: You must have missed this which I posted earlier - - Wade, in his prime  led his team to the Finals in 2006, RA, in his prime  never led the Supersonics anywhere except to the occasional playoffs. Wade />RA Howard, in his prime  led his team to the 2009 Finals. KG, in his prime  never led the T'wolves anywhere except to the occasional playoffs. Howard />KG Lebron, in his prime  led his team to the Finals in 2007, PP, in his prime  led the Celtics to a 24-58 season before the arrival of RA and KG. Embarassing and pathetic. Lebron />PP

Take the two out of three and be happy with it.  KG is better than Howard.  He will not improve much.  Can't shoot FT's, and had a better supporting cast than KG.  But look who I'm talking to......still think lakers fans are smarter THEN Celtics fans?
    Whatever happened to that post, anyway.  I was just getting started!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Are you kidding me? Shaq was no where near his prime in 2006. And who were the outstanding supporting casts that Lebron and Howard played with?  KG had a better supporting cast with the 2001 & 2002 T'wolves, and they could not even reach the Finals, and yet there are Celtic fans here claiming he is the best of all the players listed. Unbelievable.  
    You`re so tiresome.Don`t you have any friends? No one will play with you on a Laker board? Not surprising. Only a tool prances around the message board of a team he/she/it doesn`t root for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

RA Wade SG
    Lebron Pierce SF
    KG PF Howard C ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

In their PRIMES, KG would not stand a change of stopping Dwight on the offensive end of the floor (KG=too small and skinny), but Dwight could and can shut down KG on both ends. I'm just sayin'

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Howard could not stop Garnett on defense.  He is a perimeter defender, and would not even venture out to stop KG's outside shooting.  Didn't we all agree that this comparison is useless because they play different positions?

KG in his prime vs anyone now playing is a waste.  He is better than any of them.  You'd have to go back to McHale or  Barkley or Malone to find someone at the 4 that he is comparable to.

And, just for the record - if Bynum has 2 rings, and Howard has none, why are the lakers trying so hard to get him.  I mean, since he has only led his team to the Finals once, doesnt' that make Bynum the better player??

lakers fans, gotta love 'em!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Redley34 - "KG in his prime vs anyone now playing is a waste.  He is better than any of them.  You'd have to go back to McHale or  Barkley or Malone to find someone at the 4 that he is comparable to."

Seriously??   Tim Duncan must have slipped your mind. What a bafoon you are!  Keep trying buddy, keep trying.

Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In their PRIMES, KG would not stand a change of stopping Dwight on the offensive end of the floor (KG=too small and skinny), but Dwight could and can shut down KG on both ends. I'm just sayin'
    Posted by koberulz[/Q
         At the beginning of this thread, I knew KG was more a PF, but throughout his career I thought he had played enough Center at Minn. and Boston to possibly make a comparison.  Besides they are both long and listed as the same heighth.  KG eventually filled out at 250 lbs. 
         Although not as strong as Howard, KG in his prime was quicker than Howard and like Dwight still plays the outstanding defense around the basket.  Both extremely athletic.  Both in their primes, rated outstanding for rebounding ability.  Howard is a couple rebounds per game better for career total.  On offense, Garnett in his prime was obviously the better player.  His post up moves and ability to hit shots inside and outside is superior.
         I change my opinion on this one.  Because Dwight Howard has not had the opportunity to play alongside other superstars, I now think it is possible they are even.

WHY CAN'T WE JUST ALL GET ALONG?    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Redley34 - "KG in his prime vs anyone now playing is a waste.  He is better than any of them.  You'd have to go back to McHale or  Barkley or Malone to find someone at the 4 that he is comparable to." Seriously??   Tim Duncan must have slipped your mind. What a bafoon you are!  Keep trying buddy, keep trying.

Duncan would be the only one who would give him trouble.  He's so fundamentally sound.  I also believe that unless you count DeJuan Blair or Antonio McDyess, Duncan has been the Center on that team since Robinson retired.........NOW - Duncan vs Howard is also a no-brainer - Duncan all the way!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Duncan murders thumper!! Duncan got it done in the might mighty west, thumper went to the pathetically weak leastern conference.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Duncan murders thumper!! Duncan got it done in the might mighty west, thumper went to the pathetically weak leastern conference.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Blinded by hate is no way to go through life, son!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Blinded by being dropped on your head is no way to go through life kid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

So - it is decided:
    Wade over Ray
    MeBron over Pierce
    Duncan over Howard

and KG in a class by himself- except for McHale, Barkley and Malone!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Redley34 - "Duncan would be the only one who would give him trouble.  He's so fundamentally sound.  I also believe that unless you count DeJuan Blair or Antonio McDyess, Duncan has been the Center on that team since Robinson retired.........NOW - Duncan vs Howard is also a no-brainer - Duncan all the way!!"

I see you are changing your tune, as well you should.  Duncan is by far, the superior player. KG played for the T'wolves who were good in the early 2000's. KG just could not get past the Lakers back then. Dwight Howard at least got his team to the Finals while playing in his PRIME. Also Pau Gasol outrebounded KG 18 to 3 in Game 7 of the NBA Finals - the BIGGEST game of both their careers, and you Celtic fans call Pau soft.  Cool I will say that KG was a very good player in his PRIME, but he is no Malone, Barkley, DUNCAN, or Gasol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Redley34 - "KG vs Duncan is at best a wash - many great players never led their teams to the Finals - you are overlooking the overall game, as usual!"

------------------------------

Dumbest quote EVER! And you call yourself a basketball fan.  Surprised

Any true "knowledgeable" NBA fan would absolutely disagree with your ignorant quote. KG is not even in the top 5 at the PF position. Tim Duncan is in the top 3.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

Sorry to have to school you, but my list is much more in touch with reality.

Malone, Pettit, Duncan, Malone, Barkley, Hayes, Nowitzki, Debusschere, KG

Thanks for playing though! Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

D Wade won his team a championship.. gotta give him the edge over Ray.

Pierce shoots better than Lebron, but Lebron does everything else better... gotta go Lebron.

Howard and Garnett play different positions... but right now I'd say Garnett, however, Howard should pass him up as well. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

McFale gets owned by Duncan! Thumper.....who cares?!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]KG vs Duncan is at best a wash
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Usually a fan's opinion about their players needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  In this case, however, you're gonna need the whole store.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Duncan is a stud, thumper is the big western conference failure!

"Keeping it real".
    "Schooling russ all day long".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Thumper-the western conference failure!

"Keeping it real".

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Thumper-western conference failure!

"Keeping it real".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Thumper-ran from the west, couldn't make it.

Duncan-stayed in the west, 4 x NBA champion. STUD!

"Keeping it real".