Indicator

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Indicator

In Response to Indicator:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics won today because Ray Allen had 23 points and made 3 out of 5 3-point attempts. Every time Ray scores 20 or more the Celtics win. If Ray also makes 3 or more 3-pointers the Celtics also win.  Check it out if you don't believe me.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Paul can keep attracting attention so that Ray gets wide open 3 pters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Indicator:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Indicator : Hopefully Paul can keep attracting attention so that Ray gets wide open 3 pters.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Agree. Pierce never hesitates to give it to Ray when Ray's open.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

When we lose, there are lots of reasons.  Same for when we win:  BBD played well, Paul and Ray were aggressive and carried the scoring load like they should have, JON even played a decent game....hell, Shaq had a key block and a key dunk down the stretch.  Of course, Rondo was back and that helped not only the starters but took a load off Nate.

One key indicator of trouble, however - the number of offensive rebounds the other team always gets.  We just don't keep people off the boards well.

Good 4th quarter, though.  1 down, 4 to go in this stretch 5 games in 7 nights.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

rebounding that poorly we lose to just about any good team in the league

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics are still able to win even if they end up having less rebounds than their opponent. Like tonight against the Raptors, the Celtics got outrebounded 37-49. But in all the 7 losses the Celtics have Ray Allen didn't reach 20 points or made 3 or more 3-pointers in each of those losses. This is an indication that the Celtics need another shooter in case Ray is having an off-night.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

In Response to Indicator:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics won today because Ray Allen had 23 points and made 3 out of 5 3-point attempts. Every time Ray scores 20 or more the Celtics win. If Ray also makes 3 or more 3-pointers the Celtics also win.  Check it out if you don't believe me.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%.  The Celtics are near impossible to beat when Ray has a good game.  But both Pierce and Allen were like ninja assassins tonight woOt!!

I am a bit worried with how many minutes Ray is playing right now though.

I am glad to see Doc give Ray a good rest at the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th, you can tell that really help Ray as he came in with some springs to his jumpshots.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

they just never seem to send anyone to the offensive glass, that's a coaching strategy, probably to take away Toronto's fast break, but man it was just bugging me how they were sending nobody to get offensive rebounds. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm sorry but the C's won the game because Rondo was back. That helped RA and PP do what they do. They didn't have to compensate for ballhandling and getting the offense set. They played their normal roles. Rondo is the key some seem to always forget that.

We can win some games without KG

We aren't going ANYWHERE without Rondo. I don't know why that's always forgotten.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

30 assist on 38 FG's.  That's fantastic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sorry but the C's won the game because Rondo was back. That helped RA and PP do what they do. They didn't have to compensate for ballhandling and getting the offense set. They played their normal roles. Rondo is the key some seem to always forget that. We can win some games without KG We aren't going ANYWHERE without Rondo. I don't know why that's always forgotten.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Bias, the thread doesn't talk about the Toronto game. The Celtics lost 7 games as of today. In all those losses Ray never scored 20 or more or made 3 or more 3-pointers. 

I can't believe you don't even know what an indicator is. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]they just never seem to send anyone to the offensive glass, that's a coaching strategy, probably to take away Toronto's fast break, but man it was just bugging me how they were sending nobody to get offensive rebounds. 
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure I recall from a couple years ago that this is Docs strategy.. After our shot goes up, everyone heads downcourt to play defense.  Docs analyzed the reward of crashing the offensive boards to the risk of letting teams get a break on us.

If you notice (as its pointed out many times during games) opposing teams try to get down court and get a shot up quick against us before our defense settles in.  Doc wants to limit any 3on2's or 4on3's etc and feels sacrificing offensive boards pays off.

Its not like we dont get any offensive boards but I think in general, the strategy is to not get caught upcourt,,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]rebounding that poorly we lose to just about any good team in the league
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

Fierce does not think so.
    He want's a file of points...run and gun.
    He does not care about big man and rebound.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indicator : Fierce does not think so. He want's a file of points...run and gun. He does not care about big man and rebound.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

I never said anything like that. When did I say I want the Celtics to "run and gun"?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indicator : Bias, the thread doesn't talk about the Toronto game. The Celtics lost 7 games as of today. In all those losses Ray never scored 20 or more or made 3 or more 3-pointers.  I can't believe you don't even know what an indicator is. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Who cares!! I'm sure I can find a stat that says everytime Shaq plays 20 mins we win or JON takes a dump at 6pm we win. The indicator is Rondo was back and we finally had a PG to run the team. You got fooled into believing that we won because RA scores 20+ points but what you refuse to see is WHY or HOW he scored those points. Doc knew that he needed Rondo back because the offense was disjointed. Your scouting skills need work.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indicator : Who cares!! I'm sure I can find a stat that says everytime Shaq plays 20 mins we win or JON takes a dump at 6pm we win. The indicator is Rondo was back and we finally had a PG to run the team. You got fooled into believing that we won because RA scores 20+ points but what you refuse to see is WHY or HOW he scored those points. Doc knew that he needed Rondo back because the offense was disjointed. Your scouting skills need work.

Then why don't you make your own thread then. 

Am I lying when I say that among the Celtics' 7 losses Ray didn't score 20 or more points or made 3 or more 3s?

Again, I'm not talking about the Toronto game. I'm talking about the Celtic losses, not the Celtic wins. You are really dumb, you know that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ok what's your point?? So now RA is the most important player? That's not an indicator it's a coincidence.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Ok what's your point?? So now RA is the most important player? That's not an indicator it's a coincidence.

indicator - index: a number or ratio (a value on a scale of measurement) derived from a series of observed facts

I didn't say RA is the most important player. In layman's terms it's telling us that every time Ray plays well the Celtics usually win. I hope you will finally understand what I'm saying because you're the only one here having a hard time understanding the meaning of indicator.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Fine but it's a meaningless stat. How about when PP scores 30 points? The team gets 30 assists? We could go on and on and on with indicators.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Fine but it's a meaningless stat. How about when PP scores 30 points? The team gets 30 assists? We could go on and on and on with indicators.

THAT'S WHERE YOU ARE WRONG! Against the Pistons Pierce scored 33 points but the Celtics still lost. That's not an indicator because it's not consistent, Pierce scoring 30 or more doesn't guarantee a Celtic win.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Fierce said.........

Every time Ray scores 20 or more the Celtics win.

Pierce scoring 30 or more doesn't guarantee a Celtic win.

Read these two statements folks...what da..
    Does it tell you something?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce said......... Every time Ray scores 20 or more the Celtics win. Pierce scoring 30 or more doesn't guarantee a Celtic win. Read these two statements folks...what da.. Does it tell you something?

The Celtics never lost a game this season when Ray scores 20 or more or he makes 3 or more 3s in one game. 

Pierce scored 33 points against Detroit the Celtics lost. Last night Pierce got 30 points against the Raptors and the Celtics win. Facts are facts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce said......... Every time Ray scores 20 or more the Celtics win. Pierce scoring 30 or more doesn't guarantee a Celtic win. Read these two statements folks...what da.. Does it tell you something?

I'll give you a hint. When Ray attempts a shot he's usually open, you don't see Ray taking a shot when a defender is in front of him. That means if Ray is making open shots the Celtics usually win. In other words Ray is making the opponents pay if he's left open.

On the other hand, if Ray is missing open shots the Celtics will most likely lose. You don't win NBA games if you don't make open shots. Simple as that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

P34, you're a genius. Someone call Doc and give him thsi indicator. We don't want the other teams knowing this.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

how about when the celtics have less then 10 turnovers they win 90% of the time? whats the stat on that.