Injuries are all that can stop this team now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Injuries are all that can stop this team now

The Celtics played with precision and got help all the way down the bench.  Injuries loom as the team's greatest threat. Doc seems to know this and if we can get Delonte and Perk back in January, this team could be like the 2008 team. Garnett looks like he is absolutely in 2008 form. Gasol will pay dearly for his big mouth last year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

Re: Injuries are all that can stop this team now

In Response to Injuries are all that can stop this team now:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics played with precision and got help all the way down the bench.  Injuries loom as the team's greatest threat. Doc seems to know this and if we can get Delonte and Perk back in January, this team could be like the 2008 team. Garnett looks like he is absolutely in 2008 form. Gasol will pay dearly for his big mouth last year.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    Injuries really are the only thing that can keep this team from banner 18.  They're unstoppable even with their front court depleted and Rondo somewhat hobbled.  Rondo is my biggest worry though.  If he ends up not being in bad shape by the playoffs we're in trouble.  Other than that, rap up that trophy and send it to Boston.  Lakeshow may not even make it to the finals this year and that's a shame because I wanna see the Celtics get revenge.

Btw, haven't seen many Laker trolls around lately :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Injuries are all that can stop this team now:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Injuries are all that can stop this team now : Injuries really are the only thing that can keep this team from banner 18.  They're unstoppable even with their front court depleted and Rondo somewhat hobbled.  Rondo is my biggest worry though.  If he ends up not being in bad shape by the playoffs we're in trouble.  Other than that, rap up that trophy and send it to Boston.  Lakeshow may not even make it to the finals this year and that's a shame because I wanna see the Celtics get revenge. Btw, haven't seen many Laker trolls around lately :)
    Posted by BRADinLA[/QUOTE]

That loss to the Bulls must have been hard for them to swallow. Even Qdaddy is still not around, usually it only takes him 12 hours to get over a Laker loss. Must have taken some extra medication.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

In Response to Re: Injuries are all that can stop this team now:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Injuries are all that can stop this team now : That loss to the Bulls must have been hard for them to swallow. Even Qdaddy is still not around, usually it only takes him 12 hours to get over a Laker loss. Must have taken some extra medication.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    I check out the Laker boards sometimes and a lot of their fans are giving up already.  I'm not usually vindictive, and no disrespect to cool Laker fans like RUWorthy and some friends I have, but after having to watch Kobe get that trophy and listening to Laker fans here in LA gloat about beating the Celtics all summer I have no problem reveling in Laker losses and fan gloom.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

The Celtics have shown that they are deep and can adapt to different players being out. The only indispensable player, the one that would end the run for # 18 if he were injured, is KG. The Celtics have shown that they can win without the other starters. It would hurt to lose, Pierce, Ray, Rondo, or Shaq, but the teams depth and flexibility allow them to adapt to difficult circumstances. Nate, Daniels, and Pierce could fill in for Ray, Daniels, could fill in for Pierce, Arden, Perk, Jermain, Baby, and KG can fill in for Shaq. Nate, West, and Daniels can fill in for Rondo. While Baby can fill in for KG for some teams, and for stretches against other players, the things that KG does for the team on defense, his selfless play on offense, and his renewed rebounding skills make him indispensable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

this team is already riddled with injuries and we need some of those guys to come back like fast to keep some of the other guys minutes down - so they can play a whole season and hopefully, long playoff run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

You would think that Doc will use Semih more often now as he's proven that he can be effective. Who knows when J.O will be back and whether he will play for an extended number of games when he returns. One thing we've learned about J.O is we can't depend on him to play with minor injuries. Semih will play with minor injuries. As the rotation is now, Semih should get a good 15 minutes per game to keep Shaq's and K.G's minutes where Doc intends to keep them, probably being in the low 20's for Shaq and low 30's for K.G.
        Regarding Ray, I would like to see Von get two  4 to 5 minute stints per game on a consistent basis. I still think he can be a productive player off the bench. If he doesn't want to play Von more than he should play M.D more.  Doc says he has to reduce Ray's minutes. It's time for him to do what he says or else Ray will wear down as the season progresses if he continues to play an average of 36 minutes per game.