Injuries. Second half of the season.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Injuries. Second half of the season.

The Celtics have barely enough of a full squad at this point to play competitively. They are still winning, but for how long before it catches up to them.

How important is getting the best record at this point?

I think they are better served losing a few games than pushing the few guys that they have left at the moment. They are five ahead of the Magic. That is the only team in the east that I think they need to worry about. They need to be careful about pushing guys with minor injuries. Also, Perk is coming back from surgery and playing a ton of minutes. I don't know what to say. Its not like you can just not play, but I think that they are best served taking it easy and hoping their competition will play down to their level.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

Re: Injuries. Second half of the season.

In Response to Injuries. Second half of the season.:
    [QUOTE]The Celtics have barely enough of a full squad at this point to play competitively. They are still winning, but for how long before it catches up to them. How important is getting the best record at this point? I think they are better served losing a few games than pushing the few guys that they have left at the moment. They are five ahead of the Magic. That is the only team in the east that I think they need to worry about. They need to be careful about pushing guys with minor injuries. Also, Perk is coming back from surgery and playing a ton of minutes. I don't know what to say. Its not like you can just not play, but I think that they are best served taking it easy and hoping their competition will play down to their level.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

I think that they definitely need to start limiting minutes, but that can't happen until we get one of our bigs back as well as Delonte.   At this point, the C's could try to limit minutes, but i feel like foul trouble during extended time for our bench players would ultimately cancel out the effort to save tired legs and the starters would end up playing just as much as they normally would.

They could, and should, limit minutes against sub .500 teams that are coming up.  NJ would be a good starting place for that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

i guess my perspective was the opposite. Play starters against teams like the Nets, then hope the bench can beat the better teams by some miracle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

C's are limping into the break, no doubt about it.  Shaq's injury has me somewhat concerned.  He's probably another 2 weeks out and most posters know how important his inside presence has been to the team.
    I'm hoping PP's MRI is negative.  We'll know bout that later today.
    JON?  6-8 wks?  Semih?  Don't know.
    Only healthy big is Perk and he's just back from an ACL tear/surgery/rehab.
    At least the C's have the finished the hardest part of their season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think, first and foremost, we need to get a backup to PP.  Wafer is a decent backup to Ray but not to PP.  These injuries will catch up to us one way or another.

The worst thing about the injuries is that it's causing the big 4 to play extended minutes.  It's caused Perk to return and play extended minutes that he should not be playing this soon after returning.  This increases the chances of these guys getting injured (see PP now).

It's also not allowing the second unit to play together which will be critical to another banner.

Shaq's injury concerns me too.  How is it that after being out for 2 weeks, the achilles is worse to where he now has to wear a walking boot?  This is the second player who has been out a couple weeks only to get worse (JON the other).  Ainge indicated that surgery is not on the table currently for Shaq.  Wow, where did THAT come from?  Thought surgery was not on the table for JON either.

Where is Semih?  What is his prognosis?  Has there been any reports as to how long he is expected to be out?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Injuries. Second half of the season.:
    [QUOTE]I think, first and foremost, we need to get a backup to PP.  Wafer is a decent backup to Ray but not to PP.  These injuries will catch up to us one way or another. The worst thing about the injuries is that it's causing the big 4 to play extended minutes.  It's caused Perk to return and play extended minutes that he should not be playing this soon after returning.  This increases the chances of these guys getting injured (see PP now). It's also not allowing the second unit to play together which will be critical to another banner. Shaq's injury concerns me too.  How is it that after being out for 2 weeks, the achilles is worse to where he now has to wear a walking boot?  This is the second player who has been out a couple weeks only to get worse (JON the other).  Ainge indicated that surgery is not on the table currently for Shaq.  Wow, where did THAT come from?  Thought surgery was not on the table for JON either. Where is Semih?  What is his prognosis?  Has there been any reports as to how long he is expected to be out?
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Injuries can come from short minutes also. See Nate, JO, and more.  As far as Shaq needing surgery, maybe a reporter asked him that question. Then he replied no surgery needed.  The media often leaves out relevant things.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

While we're looking for a backup SF can we also find a new team physician and strength and conditioning coach?? LOL!