Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....

Together in the backcourt......  Yes, we miss Ray's jumpshot, but the proof is in the results.........   Hollins & Steamer helping out too !!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....

In Response to Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....:
    [QUOTE]    Together in the backcourt......  Yes, we miss Ray's jumpshot, but the proof is in the results.........   Hollins & Steamer helping out too !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Possibly the fastest back court in basketball

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....

Might not be the worst thing in the world to keep trying it this way and bring Ray off the bench for 25 minutes a game.  Allen obviously still is an excellent shooter but the rest of his game has slowed down a lot.  If you keep Bradly out there for 30 minutes and give Allen the minutes that Dooling and Sasha have been getting combined that is a very solid 3 guard rotation with Bradley running the point when Rondo gets a rest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I like it....a bit undersized maybe but the speed and defense is awesome.....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

yep

8-1  wo RA

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

I just hope he (Avery) doesn't sacrifice his body too much...we are runnin out of bodies. Nice to see though.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....:
    [QUOTE]That's because Bradley hustles, dives for loose balls, sacrifices his body, and plays solid defense.  Ainge should have traded Ray for a 1st rounder at the deadline. Celts are 8-1 without Ray. Enough said.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]  Good post, another  B I N G O   !!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I think we have to look at who we played before we make any major changes like bringing Ray off the bench. Beating Utah was a good win and if we can beat Miami or Chicago then I would say your right to bring Ray off the bench. It will be hard for Doc to not start Ray a certain hall of famer but he could pull him earlier in the game and give more time to Bradley. That is a more likely senerio.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

even if ray isn't as quick as he used to be, he's still got good endurance and because of his shot you have to follow him around all the screens.  He does wear out the opposing quick forward or 2 guard.  Spacing is better.

I understand that if we're winning we're winning, but long term I still think it's better to start him.  I do like it when they used to leave him out there with the 2nd unit as the designated scorer.

Just please, ray, quit trying to be a playmaker off the dribble.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....:
    [QUOTE]even if ray isn't as quick as he used to be, he's still got good endurance and because of his shot you have to follow him around all the screens.  He does wear out the opposing quick forward or 2 guard.  Spacing is better. I understand that if we're winning we're winning, but long term I still think it's better to start him.  I do like it when they used to leave him out there with the 2nd unit as the designated scorer. Just please, ray, quit trying to be a playmaker off the dribble.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

People forget...Seattle tried using Ray as a pg for a very very short period of time.  It didn't work out that well.  Ha.  Regardless Ray is still possibly the best shooter in the NBA.  Whether he starts or doesn't he still has to get big minutes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo.....:
    [QUOTE]    Together in the backcourt......  Yes, we miss Ray's jumpshot, but the proof is in the results.........   Hollins & Steamer helping out too !!!!!

Oh, but youre the one who was on a campaign to get rid of Rondo.....make up your mind.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo..... : Oh, but youre the one who was on a campaign to get rid of Rondo.....make up your mind.....
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]
    Nothing wrong with looking at the advantages of Rondo and Bradley in the backcourt together.  We did not know how good it would be until we saw it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo..... : Nothing wrong with looking at the advantages of Rondo and Bradley in the backcourt together.  We did not know how good it would be until we saw it.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Got it but that wasnt my point... if Rondo was traded like Bill wanted, then there is no Bradley Rondo to look at.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]That's because Bradley hustles, dives for loose balls, sacrifices his body, and plays solid defense.  Ainge should have traded Ray for a 1st rounder at the deadline. Celts are 8-1 without Ray. Enough said.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

We are going to need Ray in the playoffs...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]I think we have to look at who we played before we make any major changes like bringing Ray off the bench. Beating Utah was a good win and if we can beat Miami or Chicago then I would say your right to bring Ray off the bench. It will be hard for Doc to not start Ray a certain hall of famer but he could pull him earlier in the game and give more time to Bradley. That is a more likely senerio.
    Posted by kccorwin[/QUOTE]
    Yes, i like this idea much better, cutting minutes and let the yougnsters bring the energy off the bench..but it is tempting to have ray come off the bench..
    I also think he would be the first to get benched as he will continue to be classy and contribute any way he can.. Cant see Kg or PP coming off the bench without making a fuzz...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo..... : Got it but that wasnt my point... if Rondo was traded like Bill wanted, then there is no Bradley Rondo to look at.....
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

exactly, you cant campaign so hard to get rid of a guy, blame ALL of the C's problems on that ONE guy, then act as if you were supporting him the entire time when you finally see the light.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Well that and they keep playing bad teams.... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo..... : Well that and they keep playing bad teams.... 
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

you have an excuse for EVERYTHING. when will you actually admit something?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting, even with all the injuries the Celts are playing better ball with Bradley & Rondo..... : you have an excuse for EVERYTHING. when will you actually admit something?
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

So they have beaten Washington, Charlotte, and Utah since arriving back in Boston......  I admit to being correct most of the time...... the problem is that whatever trend the Cs are on have nothing to do with the opponent because people view the Cs from the Cs perspective... so when Pierce was not playing that well it had nothing to do with going up against younger, more athletic players.... why does this occur frequently?  because Cs fans view the Cs as the globetrotters and their generic opponents as the Washington Generals and the opponent is a nameless faceless bunch of no-names when in reality their opponent changes every night and those opponents that happen to be good or over 500 the Cs tend to lose, when they play the generic opponents that happen to s uck the Cs tend to win.....  so when they play a whole bunch of generic teams over the coming weeks, most of whom happen to be over 500, the Cs will lose and most will be scratching their collective heads and casting it off as something the Celtics did - as if the opponent has nothing to do with the outcome.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

A. BradleyG42:593-102-21-4+1324200229
    R. RondoG35:463-70-10-1+1041400316

Wow, really sth to get excited about! With this stats the entire forum would go badly after Ray.

2. We won cause KG played one if the best games this season, not because of Bradley (or Rondo).

3. Ray was never a play maker.

4.Ray has only 1.6 TO/game this year. His TO look always terrible but he usually takes care about the ball.

5.Without Ray we have almost no 3 point shooting.

6.http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/11990/are-the-heat-better-without-wade-no-way
    Heat were 5-1 (or even 6-1) w/o Wade! Should the Heat bench him too?

7.We heard that song a hundred times in this forum: "We are better w/o him?"
    If all the guys suggested by users here were benched from doc than in our starting 5 would be no Ray, no Rondo, no Pierce, no KG and no Bass. Actually there would be no one!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

WELL DON'T LOOK NOW....  but ray allen was the one on this team who should have become the "sixth man" two years ago and i don't care who we started.  why not do it now with him coming off of the injury?

i know rippy hammiltun couldn't handle the ego of it all but ray seems to be a mature person.  get ray's minutes down and maybe he won't climb into the coffin come playoff time....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]WELL DON'T LOOK NOW....  but ray allen was the one on this team who should have become the "sixth man" two years ago and i don't care who we started.  why not do it now with him coming off of the injury? i know rippy hammiltun couldn't handle the ego of it all but ray seems to be a mature person.  get ray's minutes down and maybe he won't climb into the coffin come playoff time....
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  Break it down to a three man rotation. See how it goes.