is Doc going to rest the starters now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

is Doc going to rest the starters now?

is there any reason to play Garnett, bass, Pierce, Allen and Rondo any more in the regular season?

seems to me there is more to gain by getting tthese five well rested for the playoffs now.

might even be fun to see Steiesma, Hollins, SEAN!, Johnson, Pav, Q, Moore and Dooling get a lot of minutes.

fun as in comical.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: is Doc going to rest the starters now?

Maybe it would be helpful to keep in a flow (w/ reduced minutes).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Allen, Pietrus and Rondo already pulled for tonight. Don't think we see too many minutes to any of the starters at this point ... health/rest is #1 priority unless you still want to chase HCA and the #3 seed like another fan here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Agree playing Garnett and Pierce in a game like tonight is asking for trouble.

Let the subs go crazy and see how they do. If the game is winnable in the fourth maybe let them play then.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I still think it's important to get home court in the first round.  They are still a half game behind Atlanta and Rondo is out.  I think you have to keep giving Pierce and KG the same minutes and go for home court.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Garnett and Pierce out tonite as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Well, we're conceding home court then.  I think against Atl that's ok.  At least in the past atlanta played better on the road than at home.  They have had terrible attendance issues.  Might see more green than red in hot lanta come playoffs anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: is Doc going to rest the starters now?:
    [QUOTE]Well, we're conceding home court then.  I think against Atl that's ok.  At least in the past atlanta played better on the road than at home.  They have had terrible attendance issues.  Might see more green than red in hot lanta come playoffs anyway.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

I agree ... The C's aren't wooried about HCA against the Hawks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Strategy of "conceding" HCA is fine with me. We need the rest badly because we're pretty beat up.
    We'll beat the Hawks regardless of HCA. After that it'll get interesting!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

its already starting, celts will rest the big 3 again tonight versus hawks as well pietrus and rondo. if they win against a full strength atlanta team with the likes of sean williams, that coach should be put on probation. was thinking doc would push for the matchup with the magic but he clearly could care less if he faces ATL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Rest them agains the Hawks and then play them 15-20 minutes per game. Keep Rondo, Peitus, Allen on bench until healthy and then only play them 15-20 minutes in the last game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This is a tough one.  I don't agree with conceding HCA but I can respect it.  We are not the Celtics of the past and although I like our chances on the road, Atlanta has given us fits in the postseason.

I simply feel that since we trail Atlanta by just a half game AND we don't play again until next Tuesday, why not "go for the win" and put ourselves in a position to win HCA.

But I can respect the need to give everyone the rest.  We played on Wednesday, April 18 so with the playoffs beginning April 28, it gives us at least 10 days of rest.  Not sure if that's going to be good or bad.  We'll see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The last time they got rest they came out the gates slow and got blitzed by the NY Bricks.  It's a fine line between rest and rhythm.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]The last time they got rest they came out the gates slow and got blitzed by the NY Bricks.  It's a fine line between rest and rhythm.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    Good point but we have been so lucky having Garnett healthy.  If he gets a hangnail this run ends.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

When atlanta gave us fits in the postseason, they were shooting 15plus more ft's per home game.  The nba was working hard to promote "that up and coming young hawks team" - david stern.

I don't see that enthusiasm lately.  Must have been a contract year for nba and turner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

OK thanks for the info.....I certainly understand the home court issue (for some reason I thought since we were higher seed we had home court), but we are prety beat up and even 10 days off probably would do a world of good as far as getting healthy.

these guys are all vets and I doubt the games off will affect them much if any.

also, who knows maybe we'll find an additional bench player who hits stride late!!

OK...quit laughing...it's possible.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]This is a tough one.  I don't agree with conceding HCA but I can respect it.  We are not the Celtics of the past and although I like our chances on the road, Atlanta has given us fits in the postseason. I simply feel that since we trail Atlanta by just a half game AND we don't play again until next Tuesday, why not "go for the win" and put ourselves in a position to win HCA. But I can respect the need to give everyone the rest.  We played on Wednesday, April 18 so with the playoffs beginning April 28, it gives us at least 10 days of rest.  Not sure if that's going to be good or bad.  We'll see.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'd like to have gone for HCA, as well, but we all know health is more important.  KG is pretty beat so letting him recharge his batteries is likely the right decision.   If we can't beat the Hawks on the road, we're dead in the playoffs, anyway so might as well rest up and get ready for some road wins!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Anyone know.....how many players can we carry on the Playoff Roster?  Is it 12? We'll see tonight who looks like they are ready to make that roster.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Not sure without looking it up.  Too lazy.  I don't think we need to worry about the Hawks.  If we can't beat them without HCA,  we have no chance against the others.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]  I don't think we need to worry about the Hawks. 
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Were you worried about the Hawks when Bynum rode Shaq's coat-tail???

Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is Doc going to rest the starters now? : Were you worried about the Hawks when Bynum rode Shaq's coat-tail???
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

Still waiting for that post............right, I'm on ignore.  I've humiliated your lack of knowlege too many times........tough to take, I know!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is Doc going to rest the starters now? : Were you worried about the Hawks when Bynum rode Shaq's coat-tail???
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

wow you are a funny elf!!!!   If you think you a bothering me  keep it coming. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: is Doc going to rest the starters now? : wow you are a funny elf!!!!   If you think you a bothering me  keep it coming. 
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Please keep in mind like all Laker fans he has suffered greatly at the hands of the mighty Celtics. He is trying to get a petty revenge instead of admitting to himself as I've done that we are the secod greatest franchise of all time. There is no shame in it. We're number two! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I am with Petey and CC in that I think going for the win here would have been good, especially facing Orlando without Howard, but maybe Doc is more focused on resting the guys and that could be the right call. Not sure it matters all that much. At any rate it is what it is, a bunch of guys won't be playing...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I am with Petey and CC in that I think going for the win here would have been good, especially facing Orlando without Howard, but maybe Doc is more focused on resting the guys and that could be the right call. Not sure it matters all that much. At any rate it is what it is, a bunch of guys won't be playing...
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Agree with you.  I already posted on the game thread.  This could be a very ugly game with the players that Doc has playing tonight.