Is Doc losing on purpose?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Is Doc losing on purpose?

In Response to Re: Is Doc losing on purpose?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Doc losing on purpose? : Don't be anxious, just be realistic.......  the only time they play teams that actually matter their counterparts are at least as good if not better.....  over the years my formula has become very simple..... play a good team at home and lose, play a bad team at home and it is 50-50, play good teams on the road and lose and play bad teams on the road and win 2 out of 3... Over the years I have started to look at only one thing.... what I would call quality wins - quality wins - wins against plus 500 teams on the road and or at home... the Cs fail in this category most of the time....   I have not gone bad and looked it up but I believe over the course of the year they have beaten Orlando twice when Orlando was in a complete funk, they beat the Clips last week without Billups, they beat the Bulls without Rose..... so in essence they have beaten nobody and have lost to everyone.... the weird perception on this board is that the Cs are about 40 and 5 and have dominated everywhere they have gone.... the reality of the situation is they are about a 500 team that cannot beat any good teams, can barely beat bad teams on the road and it requires that the other team is missing their best player, and at home to beat bad teams everyone has to have their best game...... wake up...
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I could care less about your formulas - name 16 small forwards better than Paul Pierce - since you wrote "most nights" .  Actually, name 16 power forwards better than KG
    Either one!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Doc losing on purpose? : I could care less about your formulas - name 16 small forwards better than Paul Pierce - since you wrote "most nights" .  Actually, name 16 power forwards better than KG Either one!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

You remind me of my 75 year old stepfather who when I name players from other teams he just shakes his head because he thinks it is the Globetrotters against the Washington Generals... so when a Celtic player is completely dominated by his opposite number he says "Pierce had a really bad night" and I mention "well maybe that is because the guy he played against is 10 years younger, much more athletic, and generally speaking a much better player" and he dismisses it and says it it becuase he just had an off night.... so give me Iggy, Granger, LeBron, Deng, Joe Johnson, and a whole bunch of others..... give me Griffin, Aldridge, Love, Amare, Bosh, and a whole bunch of others and I don't think it is even necessary to discuss but that is your call.....  we have a 500 team who has someone on the floor every single night that is a much better player at just about every position.... up to you to figure out whom....

Whatever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Doc losing on purpose? : You remind me of my 75 year old stepfather who when I name players from other teams he just shakes his head because he thinks it is the Globetrotters against the Washington Generals... so when a Celtic player is completely dominated by his opposite number he says "Pierce had a really bad night" and I mention "well maybe that is because the guy he played against is 10 years younger, much more athletic, and generally speaking a much better player" and he dismisses it and says it it becuase he just had an off night.... so give me Iggy, Granger, LeBron, Deng, Joe Johnson, and a whole bunch of others..... give me Griffin, Aldridge, Love, Amare, Bosh, and a whole bunch of others and I don't think it is even necessary to discuss but that is your call.....  we have a 500 team who has someone on the floor every single night that is a much better player at just about every position.... up to you to figure out whom.... Whatever.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Wiping out = Dudder!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder are you a Celtic fan?  Because while I agree with a lot of what you say sometimes,  it comes through as if you have great contempt for the team.

How did you feel in 2008? That they had a great power forward, shooting guard, and small forward, or where you aware they stunk then?  Did you see Rondo's limitations then or did you think he would improve?  

I remember you making fun of Perkins in 2009 but that is all I can remember.
    You have downgraded the team which isn't hard considering the run of the Big three is over, but up until Feb. of 2011 they were the best team in basketball taking all factors in.  So your argument is only right now in 2012 and at this point now,  I agree with you.  Basically you have been wrong and now that father time has passed you are finally right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Doc losing on purpose? : Looks like you didn't see the 2008 Finals. Our best 5 players in the last 5 minutes in 2008 were KG, Posey, Pierce, Ray, House or Cassell. We were small when we won it all in 2008. Every fast break begins with a rebound, true. But we're not talking about the Celtics here, we're talking about the Nugget fast break. How can KG and Stiemsma keep up with Lawson, Andre Miller, Gallinari, Harrington, and Faried? Stiemsma is not a great rebounder. His per 36 minutes only shows a 9.1 rebounding average. Meaning if Stiemsma were to play 36 minutes every game, he would only average 9.1 rebounds per game.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Roy Hibbert is averaging 9.1 rebounds per game and is ranked as the 16th best rebounder in the league.  Stiemsma is no Roy Hibbert and never will be but a projected 9.1 rebounds per 36 minutes is not bad.