Is Doc telling Rondo to walk the ball up?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Is Doc telling Rondo to walk the ball up?

It seems as though Rondo is walking the ball up the court way to much and playing very slow. I wonder if this is by Doc's instruction? It seems if we are going with the 'small-ball" philosophy, we should be running more often. The C's always let the opponents D get setup and then push the shot clock all the way down so they are forced to take a hurried shot. Maybe I just do not understand the game but it sure seems like this is happening consistently.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Re: Is Doc telling Rondo to walk the ball up?

Watched it pretty closely Fierce. You honestly can tell me that you do not see rushed shots at the end of the shot clock in many of their possessions?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It seems as though Rondo is walking the ball up the court way to much and playing very slow. I wonder if this is by Doc's instruction? It seems if we are going with the 'small-ball" philosophy, we should be running more often. The C's always let the opponents D get setup and then push the shot clock all the way down so they are forced to take a hurried shot. Maybe I just do not understand the game but it sure seems like this is happening consistently.

[/QUOTE]

You've hit on something that is a nagging holdever from last season when Rondo did this all the time, expecially in the half-court game, and was much criticised for.  The Celtics went through large, damaging scoring draughts last season that even had seasoned announcers, Tommy and Mike, scratching their heads.

I don't have an explanation for  it and half believe that the only explanation lays upstairs in Rondo's head, and he may not know himself the source of it.  He'd try to flip it to Ray or Paul as the clock ran down last season for a last second poorly advised shot, but this season he seems to be clanking those shots himself.

Certainly his is not doing it at Doc's request, imo, to answer your question.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Something needs to change soon and I think it will starting tonight, otherwise if continues well into the season, I think back to the multiple discussion threads that covered this board 3 years ago titled:

"Trade Rondo" and/or "Fire Doc"!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Something needs to change soon and I think it will starting tonight, otherwise if continues well into the season, I think back to the multiple discussion threads that covered this board 3 years ago titled:

"Trade Rondo" and/or "Fire Doc"!

[/QUOTE]

Trade Rondo bc he walks the ball up the court? nitpicking at its finest.