Is Garcia & Cousins for Green & Sullinger a good deal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Is Garcia & Cousins for Green & Sullinger a good deal?

It works financially but chemistry wise...SCAREY!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: Is Garcia & Cousins for Green & Sullinger a good deal?

still too early to give up on sullinger

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Sullinger pluses on DMC

1. Attitude

2. Work ethic

3. Foot speed

4. Takes charges

Similar skill level

1.Passing

2.Rebounding ( when refs allow him to play)

3. Jumper

Cousins pluses is that he is at a slightly advanced stage of development and he is a better shot blocker.

BIG RISK to part with Sully!

Of course Green is waaaay better than Garcia.

I guess I want to know if it is a good deal in the short term for a championship push. I'm leaning towards not worth it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

You make it Fab Melo and draft picks with Jeff and it is a good deal for both IMO.

Green has a following in Seattle already and he's a great talented teammate. He and Tyreke could cause problems for a lot of teams.

Green,Melo and Wilcox for Garcia and Cousins is solid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I see where you're coming from but Green is starting to play. I give him the benefit of the doubt because he is coming back from having heart surgery. The jury is still out on Melo. If you throw in Bass and Terry I think it is a good deal. The only problem is Cousins is a worse headcase than Rondo. I still think we need a big man and Delambert would be good enough for me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

No way you do this deal right now. Let thing play itself out. The team is playing good right now so let it ride out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

If it was that easy for the c's to get cousins, they should jump on that deal immediately. More people need to watch cousins play.  This guy is absolutely dominant in the post.  If it's possible for the c's to get him,  it is my opinion they should go for it at almost any cost.   The only thing stopping him from being considered the best post player in the game is his attitude and crazy outbursts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

except Evans instead of Garcia and we throw in Terry or draft pick

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Why do Celtic fans insist on doing this? We are playing great, team is starting to gel and now you wanna trade away key pieces to the puzzle? I dont get it.

Like Fierce said, "This is not 2k13, where u just seamlessly plug players in."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Why? because this roster can't win a championship and maybe not even the East. Don't let a 6 game or 10 game streak for that matter fool you.  We need a center and we need a scorer. If anybody went down with injury we are toast.  Our center bailed out, our backup centers are pathetic, Terry is not producing, Bass should not be a starter and Sully still has lots to learn.  Its pretty clear to me... we need a rebounding center first and foremost.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

NO WAY  !!!!!    RONDO IS OUR TRADE BAIT !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why? because this roster can't win a championship and maybe not even the East. Don't let a 6 game or 10 game streak for that matter fool you.  We need a center and we need a scorer. If anybody went down with injury we are toast.  Our center bailed out, our backup centers are pathetic, Terry is not producing, Bass should not be a starter and Sully still has lots to learn.  Its pretty clear to me... we need a rebounding center first and foremost.

[/QUOTE]

if Wade, Bosh, or James go down the heat are toast. If Cp3 goes downthe clippers are toast, if  Durant or westbrook goes down the thunder are toast. I  mean you are not going to ome up with trades that can protect this team from major injury. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why do Celtic fans insist on doing this? We are playing great, team is starting to gel and now you wanna trade away key pieces to the puzzle? I dont get it.

[/QUOTE]

exactly. I would be very cautious about any trades. This team is playing really well right now. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I see where you're coming from but Green is starting to play. I give him the benefit of the doubt because he is coming back from having heart surgery. The jury is still out on Melo. If you throw in Bass and Terry I think it is a good deal. The only problem is Cousins is a worse headcase than Rondo. I still think we need a big man and Delambert would be good enough for me.

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% on getting Dalembert. We don't need any other changes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

exactly. I would be very cautious about any trades. This team is playing really well right now. 

[/QUOTE]

I love what I am seeing but after what we have seen this season let's get a larger sample size than six games.   This team needs to be poised to do something if they struggle again.  I am tired of saying it, but KG according to Ainge in a report on Felger and Mazz is worried about too many KG minutes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

You have to look at the future.  Rondo, sullinger, and bradley are the future.  Cousins would be huge now AND in the future.  A talent like that you go for it hard.  I wouldn't trade rondo, but virtually everyone else is fair game.  Imagine rondo, bradley, TBD, sullinger, and cousins.  That is a huge head start.  TBD would have to be a huge scorer.  A Durant/pierce type guy who can simply score.

I trade melo, green, bass, lee, terry, in some combination to get cousins.  Attitudes can be changed through disicipline and age.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

People should not read too much into the last game and the next as far as celtics wins (NO is actually decent though). The two teams the c's are playing at terrible, especially Charlotte. If the c's win,  it's because they should.  Nothing really should be read into it; however,  if they lose,  many things can potentially be discussed.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

You have to look at the future.  Rondo, sullinger, and bradley are the future.  Cousins would be huge now AND in the future.  A talent like that you go for it hard.  I wouldn't trade rondo, but virtually everyone else is fair game.  Imagine rondo, bradley, TBD, sullinger, and cousins.  That is a huge head start.  TBD would have to be a huge scorer.  A Durant/pierce type guy who can simply score.

I trade melo, green, bass, lee, terry, in some combination to get cousins.  Attitudes can be changed through disicipline and age.

We don't know Melo's ceiling yet...
    Green is starting to come around.. Lee should not be traded at this point..his defensive ability is big..

How do we know cousins attitude can be changed...some people just don't...with a minor adjustment, this team is prepped for a good run now and in the future...

I like our bench as it has progressed and 0 head cases...

to roll the dice for Cousins at this point is too risky...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

if Wade, Bosh, or James go down the heat are toast. If Cp3 goes downthe clippers are toast, if  Durant or westbrook goes down the thunder are toast. I  mean you are not going to ome up with trades that can protect this team from major injury. 

We can play the 'what if' game all day but the C's major contributors are all older and would be more susceptible to injury. To deny this is to deny common sense and statistics. An upgrade in rebounding is essential. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

We can play the 'what if' game all day but the C's major contributors are all older and would be more susceptible to injury. To deny this is to deny common sense and statistics. An upgrade in rebounding is essential. 

Could not say it better.