Is Gordon Hayward Part of DA's Master Plan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Is Gordon Hayward Part of DA's Master Plan?

Jody Genessy: Coincidence or are the Celtics initiating Plan GH? First, they hired Gordon Hayward's college coach. Now they've added his pal Ronald NoredTwitter @DJJazzyJody

Rumors tagsBOSTON CELTICSUTAH JAZZGORDON HAYWARDRONALD NORED  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Is Gordon Hayward Part of DA's Master Plan?

Courtney Lee and a 2nd round pick for Gordon Hayward and another player to make $$ work! Of course this would add 1 to the number of C's players under contract! DA would have to make another deal to trim the fat so to speak! 

If the Jazz think they are going to lose GH anyway - why not trade him! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I like Hayward... Lee and a 2nd would be laughed off the table

Brooks and the Net's 1st wouldn't even get that done

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

1. 1h Bryan Kaufman @bmk266

@BaxterHolmes Gordon Hayward to celtics = inevitable

Retweeted by Baxter Holmes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Crawford, Lee, and melo for Hayward and 1st rd 14

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

This guy is good..Always been a fan of his game...but..I doubt Utah would want to trade him, if anything C's will go after him when he becomes a FA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Wow, how about this for a trade idea (for those who would move on from Rondo)

BOS: Trey Burke, Gordon Haywood, Biedrins, Jefferson

UTA: Rondo, Lee, Bass, Wallace

I think it'd be interesting to bring Sully and Burke who grew up playing ball together. It would be great to see them with Gordon and Green either playing small with Bradley at the 2, or big with Olynyk. We would be loaded with "young talent" so fun to watch but a few pieces away for the year.Utah would get to pair Rondo with Favors and Kanter and get three solid role players who can start games, albeit with salary attached. Expiring contracts make it work.

I'd also consider packaging Green and Rondo in a similar deal if a first round pick is included. I'd prefer to keep Green

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I think it'd be interesting to bring Sully and Burke who grew up playing ball together. It would be great to see them with Gordon and Green either playing small with Bradley at the 2, or big with Olynyk. We would be loaded with "young talent" so fun to watch but a few pieces away for the year.Utah would get to pair Rondo with Favors and Kanter and get three solid role players who can start games, albeit with salary attached. Expiring contracts make it work.

I'd also consider packaging Green and Rondo in a similar deal if a first round pick is included. I'd prefer to keep Green

no to trey burke. 1rd pick from jazz instead

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

wow Utah has a HORRIBLE roster right now!!

they do have a lot of expirng contracts, but it's hard to see exactly what they are trying to do there.

they seem to have holes everywhere , but maybe most of all at PG.

Maybe Ainge is looking at him next year as a RFA?

but I am not sure how much (if any) salary we can offer him?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

they do have a lot of expirng contracts, but it's hard to see exactly what they are trying to do there.

I dont know about a "horrible" roster. They have a solid young core in Kanter, Favors, Haywood & Burke ... those expiring contracts were to help facilitate the Igoudala deal where they got picks in return. Expiring contract = good!

But yes they could use a backcourt upgrade. I think even Rondo, Lee, Wallace, Favors, Kanter may be a solid front line.

I just think it'd be cool to reunite Burke & Sullinger, especially if you can surround that with Bradley, Haywood, Green & Olynyk. That would be a fun, young team to watch. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

don't know that much about hayward. is he more of a 2 or a 3? we definitely could use a 2 who can fill it up from outside. can he defend at the 2 though? i guess a combo of him and bradley at the 2 would give us a solid offense/defense roatation at that position. who are these people who are tweeiting about him and boston?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The other thing is we have to make a decision. If we want to try to win in the next two-three years with Rondo & Green, there is no way we are keeping all of these future draft picks. Danny will package them with players to improve our roster NOW.

I don't see why we couldn't put together a package for Haywood. I like Rame's suggestion of Brooks & BKN's first round pick. It would also be great to package Wallace into a deal for an expiring contract so that we can afford to match offers for Haywood next summer. I think there's a possibility that Utah would like Wallace. He's a vet, a grinder at the SF position, good defender. They aren't going anywhere for at least two years, so he could be a placeholder at that spot and will be a good asset to faciliate a trade in the final year of that awful contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i still think it's gonna be hard to move the wallace contract without giving up rondo. teams are going to want to be compensated for taking on that awful deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

You have to move Wallace. I just don't think that there'll be enough salary to extend Rondo, and match QO's for Bradley & Haywood, all within the strategy signing a BIG next summer.

I am still strongly in the camp of putting Max offers out for Sanders, Cousins, or Monroe. Hopefully one of those teams will cheap out. If you have any one of these guys with Rondo, Green, Bradley, Sully, Olynyk and if you get Haywood. Thats a solid team. Especially if you have Vets on your bench like Bass & Lee and some low salary backup guys like Fab, Fav & Iverson.

Thats a complete roster. Of course, you're banking on Green churning out a PP-like production and Rondo becomming a superstar (Top 10-15 player), but that can happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

moving that wallace deal is gonna be tough. that's all i'm sayin'.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Bumped.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

I dont know about a "horrible" roster. They have a solid young core in Kanter, Favors, Haywood & Burke ... those expiring contracts were to help facilitate the Igoudala deal where they got picks in return. Expiring contract = good!

But yes they could use a backcourt upgrade. I think even Rondo, Lee, Wallace, Favors, Kanter may be a solid front line.

I just think it'd be cool to reunite Burke & Sullinger, especially if you can surround that with Bradley, Haywood, Green & Olynyk. That would be a fun, young team to watch. 

I agree on Favors and hayward

Knanter ahs proven nothing in the NBA yet anyway< isuppose this is his make or break year there.

did Burk have a breakout year I am unaware of last year?

and Burkes is ALL they have right now at PG and he SUCKED in Summer league I thought?

I think the current Celtics roster is LIGHT years ahead of where Utah is right now, IMO anyway

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

UH-OH! ARE WE STARTING TO SEE THE LIGHT COME ON FOR SOME MEMBERS OF THE RONDO BROTHERHOOD??? Again, the question isn't "IF", its just "WHEN" as it relates to an RR trade ..........Hey R9R, I think "G20H" would be a little awkward, don't you? LMFAO@U!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Hayward would be  a great addition.  But only if we keep Rondo. Otherwise it doesn't make us better either now or the future.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

UH-OH! ARE WE STARTING TO SEE THE LIGHT COME ON FOR SOME MEMBERS OF THE RONDO BROTHERHOOD??? Again, it is not IF RR is traded, but only WHEN..........Hey R9R, I think "G20H" would be a little awkward, don't you? LMFAO@U!

No dude. I dont think any player is sacred. Especially not after Danny trades away the GOAT in Paul Pierce.

I am not a stubborn ignoramous like you. I would totally trade Rondo under the right circumstance for the right return. After all, he only has two years left and could walk.

My opinion is such that Rondo is a franchise player, a top 5 PG, and a champion. I totally think the best course of action is to use the assets to build a contender around Rondo for 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.

However, maybe this draft really is that deep. I think we could equally go for the full bottom-out which would be to sell Rondo, Green, Bass, Wallace and Lee for picks and young players and then grab free agents like Houston did. Lets say we were to get Burke, Haywood and dump Wallace for Rondo. Say we can get another 2014 pick for Jeff and a prospect, maybe in a deal with NOLA. We could have a roster stacked with rookie contract guys and our future would be in our hands. We can trade assets as they grow, let other teams put in offers during RFA, or keep the truely franchisable players. We would have enough cap room at first to sign a couple FAs to short term deals and let Stevens grow with the team over 3-4 years.

Either way will work, and I'm game. Im just not going to give away our assets.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

I agree on Favors and hayward

Knanter ahs proven nothing in the NBA yet anyway< isuppose this is his make or break year there.

did Burk have a breakout year I am unaware of last year?

and Burkes is ALL they have right now at PG and he SUCKED in Summer league I thought?

I think the current Celtics roster is LIGHT years ahead of where Utah is right now, IMO anyway

[/QUOTE]

Burke hasn't had one season in the NBA yet ... I'd give him a little bit of time before jumping to judgement.

I mean, there's little chance that Burke will ever be close to an impact PG as Rondo, but I just think it'd be interesting to see Burke play with Sully for the year since they played together in AAU or whatever. 

But you're right. It'd be much better for the team to get Haywood without giving up Rondo. So like a Brooks & 2014 pick for him. Maybe see if theyd' accept less or take on Wallace.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Not a Burke fan. That said, Utah traded to get him on draft day, so they don't want Rondo, as well as any of the other players mentioned. The big reason Utah would chuckle is that they would increase their total salary by about $10 mil. I will become the next Pope before Utah makes that trade.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

moving that wallace deal is gonna be tough. that's all i'm sayin'.

The best time to trade Wallace would be 2 years from now. By then, he'll become a valuable trade asset as an expiring contract.

I have no doubt Danny will be able to deal Humphries and Bass either now, or midseason. There are several competitive teams that need depth at PF.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Confusion??

Are we referring to Gordon Hayward of the Utah Jazz

or

Are we referring to Brendan Haywood of the Dallas Mavs?

Come on peeps...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Confusion??

Are we referring to Gordon Hayward of the Utah Jazz

or

Are we referring to Brendan Haywood of the Dallas Mavs?

Come on peeps...

[/QUOT

GORDON Hayward ... its in the title.

My B for calling him Haywood. Stupid last names...