Is it the sneakers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Is it the sneakers?

Knee injury after knee injury.  I don't remember it being this bad during the Converse Chuck Taylor years, when players wore canvas shoes and many of the C's were wearing low cuts.  Is it possible that having one's foot and ankle so tightly wrapped in a shoe contributes to so many knee problems?  If the ankle cannot move, doesn't that put more pressure on the knee? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

Re: Is it the sneakers?

Well some possible good news is that Davis didn't hurt is knee....from this it is saying that he is favoring an ankle and didn't practice today....his status is uncertain for friday...but hopefully that means its not too bad and hell be good in a week or so and they can give him some rest and give new guys some practice.

heres the link to it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Is it the sneakers?:
    [QUOTE]Knee injury after knee injury.  I don't remember it being this bad during the Converse Chuck Taylor years, when players wore canvas shoes and many of the C's were wearing low cuts.  Is it possible that having one's foot and ankle so tightly wrapped in a shoe contributes to so many knee problems?  If the ankle cannot move, doesn't that put more pressure on the knee? 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

I remember an interview with RED & a sportwriter, Red was saying the same thing you said, the shoes of today is tightly wrapped to the ankle (the tendon or something) cannot flex and move. 
    He said, during his time not too many of these injuries.
    I'm sure that interview and video is around somewhere. Google it...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Well, I've never heard it theorized that immobilizing the ankle can cause knee injury, but given the way the human body is designed (yes I said designed) for parts to compensate, it wouldn't surprise me.

It also wouldnt' surprise me to find out that virtually every type of injury is on the rise per capita, as players become more athletic and simply do more moving.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Knee injury after knee injury.  I don't remember it being this bad during the Converse Chuck Taylor years, when players wore canvas shoes and many of the C's were wearing low cuts.  Is it possible that having one's foot and ankle so tightly wrapped in a shoe contributes to so many knee problems?  If the ankle cannot move, doesn't that put more pressure on the knee? 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    Not discounting your suggestion, but having watched the game for a long time ,I think the fact that today`s players carry more weight and jump higher is probably more of a factor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]i believe it is the shorts! long shorts do not have the gravitational pull and trampoline effect the short-shorts did! seriously man, it is more likely all the weight training.. the consequence of too much muscle and overuse... but what can ya do?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

The players need to wear ankle weights.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it is because there are 5 or 6 fouls that do not get called on just about every play and it results players getting hit a lot more or maybe it is the desire to be duh-duh-duh  duh-duh-duh... seen on sports center so a simple layup is not sufficient.  Not sure there was anyone even guarding Baby when he dunked the ball, lay the ball in and stop pounding yourself on the chest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

If all the players wore ankle weights they would never have a problem. You have to wear them everywhere. 2 pounders on each ankle. When you take them off you feel like you can jump to the moon. Ankle becomes strong like piece of iron.