Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown?

In Response to Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pau Gasol having an emotional breakdown? : Rondo is an excellent passer, has excellent court vision, great ball-handler, and he has court savvy. In other words, he's a great all around player. But he's not a good scorer. This season is the first time he has averaged more than 13.7 ppg in his career. His career average is 10.9 ppg. So he's an above average scorer. All of Rondo's positives disappear in the 4th qtr. That's his biggest problem. We can't play 4 vs. 5 in the 4th qtr. We will lose every time it's a close game.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    You're debating the semantics of "above average" vs. "good" now? I would say anyone who shoots as badly as Rondo yet still averages 14 ppg in the NBA means he's a good scorer.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics get: Gasol Blake Lakers get: Rondo JO Bass http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7h6bb9v A trade like this allows us to keep Ray Allen, the greatest shooter ever, baby!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Not that I have any interest in trading for Softy's corpse, but even if I did there is absolutely no way I would throw in Bass- he is a beast.

Some of you people need to wake up and realize this isn't 2006. Gasol is on the downside of his career. He has clearly lost a step. An even if it was 2006, Gasol is and always will be soft.You guys would be killing him. He is NOT the answer.

And if Gasol was still an All Star caliber player (which he's not) he's in his 30s. How does that help the Celtics?

The Celtics are in rebuilding mode. Dwight Howard isn't coming here. Which is fine by me. I think he is one of the most overrated players in NBA history. But that's another topic. The point is, the Celtics will be in full rebuilding mode soon. And the chances of them signing a top shelf free agent are slim to none. Name a marquee free agent signing by the Celtics. You can't.Not one in the history of the franchise. Players don't want to play here. It's cold and let's be honest, the town has a rep as being a racist city.

It's going to take a while to clean up the mess that Danny has made here. One that he seems to have made worse by hanging on to Rondo too long. If he trades him now it will be for pennies on the collar. But with Danny that wouldn't surprise me. It wouldn't help the team. But it wouldn't be the first time he did something just for the sake of doing something. He's not exactly a big picture sort of guy.

Anyway, we are in for a long rebuilding process. One that will probably require a new GM to be successful. I don't see how adding a 30 something year old PF that has 3-5 serviceable years left will help that. Regardless of what you think about Gasol's game or mental toughness.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]At this point Gasol knows he will not be in LA after the trade deadline. Hopefully, a package that includes Rondo will be the best offer the lakers can get for him
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

Uh, YEA, Godwilling Rondo will stop acting out and diminishing his trade value, maybe this thread should be about Rondos Mental State and NOT Gasol, I Dunn-O...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo is not hurting his value.  He is the only threat on a team that can't rebound or score right now.  His value is high.  His behavior Sunday was one of frustration on team that is injured, old and tired. Rondo again looks like the best thing on the team.