Is Rondo coming back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Is Rondo coming back?

Pud I know all along your assessment on Rondo was right but
    you guys....(I mean all of you) has no mercy.

He gambled, tried and got rejected. He will learn and he will hardened. At the end, advantage to the Celtics.
    Remember, you are selecting players from the NBA not a Europeans. Nba are excellent players. I believed the coach wants a half court type point guard and
    not Rondos style. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Is Rondo coming back?:
    [QUOTE]Pud I know all along your assessment on Rondo was right but you guys....(I mean all of you) has no mercy. He gambled, tried and got rejected. He will learn and he will hardened. At the end, advantage to the Celtics. Remember, you are selecting players from the NBA not a Europeans. Nba are excellent players. I believed the coach wants a half court type point guard and not Rondos style. 
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

The kid needs to grow up and learn how to handle rejection by sucking it up and proving himself instead of running away.

How long has it been since someone has said "No" to Rondo?

Not since he has been with the C's. I thought that it would take getting traded to wake him up. Maybe this will... instead.

We will soon know.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]nothing wrong with a humbling experience........it is how you deal with that experience that will determine your legacy..........you can blow it off and rationalize it away or you can take it for what it is that you were not good enough and use that to improve your game to the point where it is.......that is what the elite do........Larry after winning the title went back to work to improve his game..........time will tell if Rondo wants to wrest on his laurels or become an elite guard in the game.......I hope for the latter but his ego says it may not be.......
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

A dude named ....MICHAEL JORDAN...was "cut" from his high school team...

he seemed to turn out ok...we'll see what RONDO is made of when camp opens...

"WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH...THE TOUGH GET GOING"....

BEAT L. A. ...BEAT L. A. ...BEAT L. A. ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Good, now he has a chip on his shoulder like Paul did.  Rondo shooting needs to improve.  This should help him.  Get in the gym and work.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the article i read about his departure from the worlds also stated that he was not really needed because westbrook 'offered most if not all of the same things that rondo did, along with better shooting'.

i've always said rondo could be twice the player he is now if he shot 45% field goals shooting the RIGHT SHOTS for the TEAM.  just like westbrook shoots low 40's but is a better all around player because he is not an outside shooting liability.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaytronic. Show kaytronic's posts

Rhondo will be fine if not better. Why don't you "experts" chill and get behind them and Rhondo. Every negative involving the C's is blown way out of proportion. Most of you are front runners. The Kid (Rhondo) has already climbed a mountain and has overcome alot. leave his ego out of it, they all have them and most of you do too.(I swear most of you are frustrated fake a$# journalists) All of this is good experience for him and the team.
    Go find someone else to pick on!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Every experience in life, be it good or bad, can ultimately benefit a person if they take what they've learned to heart.  Rondo has discovered that because of his poor outside game, he is not yet in the upper echelon of point guards.  The question, as others have posed, is whether or not he will take this lesson to heart.

By the way kaytronic, it's spelled R-O-N-D-O.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

[QUOTE]Every experience in life, be it good or bad, can ultimately benefit a person if they take what they've learned to heart.  Rondo has discovered that because of his poor outside game, he is not yet in the upper echelon of point guards.  The question, as others have posed, is whether or not he will take this lesson to heart. By the way kaytronic, it's spelled R-O-N-D-O.
    Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE]

No, its spelt B-R-I-C-K.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rondo - 36.6 mins per game  .508 FG %  .621 FT %  13.7 PPG    24 yrs old
    Derek Fisher - 27.2              .380          .854             7.5           36
    Steve Blake - 27.4               .403          .750              7.6           30

Oh yeah, he's a real stiff!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo - 36.6 mins per game  .508 FG %  .621 FT %  13.7 PPG    24 yrs old Derek Fisher - 27.2              .380          .854              7.5           36 Steve Blake - 27.4               .403          .750              7.6           30 Oh yeah, he's a real stiff!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

DFish- 2000,2001,2002,2009,2010 NBA champion!

Brick- *2008 NBA champion

*Lakers had 2 starters injured.

Yip, brick is a stiff!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Zone with no defensive 3 seconds does not suit Rondo game.  Moreover, there is basically no inside presence on this team, they need all the outside shooting they can get to spread the floor, another strike against Rondo.  That said, I am not sure if Rondo can improve much more with his shooting, if he cannot be a competent shooter by now I think then it is not in his makeup to be a good shooter.  He is good at so many things but without that shooting ability, he is always going to be severely deficient.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

2010 Finals

*When Perkins was healthy Celtics led 3-2

*When Perkins was injured Celtics down 0-2

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Rondo coming back? : DFish- 2000,2001,2002,2009,2010 NBA champion! Brick- *2008 NBA champion *Lakers had 2 starters injured. Yip, brick is a stiff!
    Posted by KB24RULZ[/QUOTE]

No they didn't.  Ariza played, and do you really think Trevor (3 teams in 3 years) Ariza would have scored 40 points in Game 6?
    Bynum wasn't starting, THEN he got hurt, THEN they traded for Gasol.  No injury, no Gasol........................they would not have played together in '08.  The lakers were already in first place, and didn't pursue the Gasol trade (as illegal as it was) until AFTER Bynum got hurt.
    All intelligent people, even my lakers friends out here in LA, agree on this - so it's a non-issue.  If Bynum never got hurt, no Gasol.  Therefore, you were at full strength in '08 - end of story!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

Isn't Kobe still in jail for raping that teenage girl?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

No Drew, no Ariza.

2 starters out mean't *!

Soon to be back to back to back.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]No Drew, no Ariza. 2 starters out mean't *! Soon to be back to back to back.

Would you rather have Gasol OR Bynum?  Can't say both because in 2008 that was not possible.  I think you had a rather good showing with Gasol - you would have been swept if you just had Bynum.

Bynum OR Gasol - that is the choice.  I am done trying to educate you, it is a FACT , I looked it up and verified with two sources:
    1.  Ariza played - he was not hurt.
    2.  Bynum got hurt, THEN you traded for Gasol.
    End of story!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Rondo coming back? : Would you rather have Gasol OR Bynum?  Can't say both because in 2008 that was not possible.  I think you had a rather good showing with Gasol - you would have been swept if you just had Bynum. Bynum OR Gasol - that is the choice.  I am done trying to educate you, it is a FACT , I looked it up and verified with two sources: 1.  Ariza played - he was not hurt. 2.  Bynum got hurt, THEN you traded for Gasol. End of story!

The only thing I learn from you is how badly you can misconstrue reality to fit into your biased views. I do not think objective thought is something you are even capable of. Educating? That is almost funny.

Bynum was supposed to be back in time for the playoffs in 2008, and he didn't heal up in time. All this talk about Bynum getting hurt, and then the Lakers acquired Gasol, is irrelevant. Bynum was on the roster whether you want to acknowledge it or not, and his knee failed to heal in time for the playoffs. 

The Lakers weren't at full strength, end of story. In 2010, the Celtics faced Bynum and Gasol, not the imaginary tale of one or the other you are trying to tell. This whole either Gasol or Bynum paradigm is a childish fantasy. If Bynum was able to get healthy in time, you would have gotten both, that is a fact. The circumstances surrounding the trade is irrelevant, and you know it, because you lived it in a loss two years later. You got whooped with Gasol and Bynum on one leg for the whole series. There, I said it, both Bynum and Gasol. I said, I saw it, and you wrongly said I couldn't.

This is no different for the Celtics, and Perkins this year. If he doesn't get back in time for the playoffs this year, the Celtics will not be at full strength, regardless of whether or not they signed Shaq after the injury occurred. It is not Shaq or Perkins, it is both, if Perkins gets back in time. Did you play Bynum or Gasol, or did you play Bynum and Gasol this year? What was different in 2008? Could it be an injury? Oh no, not according to a homer with no integrity like you.

As far as Ariza, he was injured, and because of it, he was ineffective, and barely available to play. When a starter only plays 35 minutes in totality over the course of a six game series, it is because there was a problem. The guy didn't even play at all in game one, why do you think that is? So when you say Ariza wasn't injured, you are talking out of your narrow behind again. It is just a lie, you are a dishonest person.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bobbarcker. Show Bobbarcker's posts

[QUOTE]OK, I posted my Gasol and Bynum comment.  About time we heard from Price is Right guy - he doesn't agree either.............

The comment was nothing but lies, trash, and garbage. You want to hear from me less, then stop lying about the Lakers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Interesting quote from DRose after Team USA crushed Greece tonight.

Certainly isn't complimentary of Rondo.

"We're starting off games well, pushing the ball, making sure everyone runs the floor, getting used to playing with each other, and I guess we're coming along as a team," Rose said before being asked how different this team has become in the short time since last Saturday when the since-departed Rajon Rondo was the starting point guard and they managed just seven points in the first quarter of an exhibition against Lithuania.

"It's totally different. We have confidence and trust in one another, and we go out there we already know that we can win the game."

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Rondo coming back? : Would you rather have Gasol OR Bynum?  Can't say both because in 2008 that was not possible.  I think you had a rather good showing with Gasol - you would have been swept if you just had Bynum. Bynum OR Gasol - that is the choice.  I am done trying to educate you, it is a FACT , I looked it up and verified with two sources: 1.  Ariza played - he was not hurt. 2.  Bynum got hurt, THEN you traded for Gasol. End of story!

At the time of the Finals:

1. Was Bynum a Laker? Yes
    2. Was the Spaniard a Laker? Yes
    3. Was Ariza a Laker? Yes
    4. Did Bynum play? No
    5. Did Ariza play? Yes, about 30 minutes as he was recovering from an injury and not match fit.

So, were the Lakers at full strength? No, not even close with 2 starters not fit. So, is 08 tainted? Absolutely. If both players had been fit and available, Lake Show in 5. No matter, we get the 3-peat this season's end!

Live with it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Rondo coming back? : At the time of the Finals: 1. Was Bynum a Laker? Yes 2. Was the Spaniard a Laker? Yes 3. Was Ariza a Laker? Yes 4. Did Bynum play? No 5. Did Ariza play? Yes, about 30 minutes as he was recovering from an injury and not match fit. So, were the Lakers at full strength? No, not even close with 2 starters not fit. So, is 08 tainted? Absolutely. If both players had been fit and available, Lake Show in 5. No matter, we get the 3-peat this season's end! Live with it.

That is a silly argument. You should just be happy your team won this season and the past one. Arguing about the past like you do is just a waste of time. Same for celtic posters that still fight about the Lakers victory.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Teams make adjustments during the season.  In 2008, at 37-25 the lakers were one game behind the Suns for best record in the West.  Mitch Kupchak was quoted as saying he was happy with his team.  Bynum got hurt and was pronounced out for the year.............although he did try to rehab.  Not wanting Kwame Brown as his starting Center for the rest of the year, Kupchak made his borderline illegal trade with his mentor Jerry West in Memphis.  With Gasol at Center, the lakers went on a tear and ended up in the Finals.  Would that have happened without Gasol?  Who knows!  The point is  Bynum was OUT when they got Gasol.  He was NOT on the team, he was hurt.
    Ariza?  Please!  I thought Artest was better.  How can you say lakers in 5 with Ariza, when they barely won in 7 with Artest AND Bynum.
    Your knowledge is sorely lacking, and I am done with you!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Bynum got hurt and was pronounced out for the year.............although he did try to rehab.
    As I recall, Bynum was not pronounced out for the year until weeks after the Gasol trade. It didn't look good by any means, but I don't think Bynum had been written off for the year when they pulled the trigger on the trade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

How many minutes did Perkins play in Game 7 of the 2010 Finals? Any Laker troll can answer that question. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]How many minutes did Perkins play in Game 7 of the 2010 Finals? Any Laker troll can answer that question. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Exactly the same number as Bynum did in games 1-6 in 08. Stop with the excuses - the Celtics were champs then and the Lakers are champs now.