Is Shaq an illusion?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Is Shaq an illusion?

Shaq has shown us even in spurts of playing time how he can help this team.

Getting him on the floor is like insurance that he will punish other teams players physically and balance the mayhem in our favor.

His scoring is like easy money setting a tone with other teams early on.

But is it realistic to think he can be there for the Celtics when they need him?

I mean what is it going to take to get him on the floor. The minutes our starters are playing are eating them up leaving them ripe for injury.  One of the big four goes down this team is done championship wise.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Re: Is Shaq an illusion?

Ainge is a risk taker..but an intelligent one. The "trade" doesn't get done if the medical status on Shaq and JON didn't project to both being able to contribute in the playoffs. When they do play, can they stay healthy?....the risk. Doc can manage minutes better now with the additional players...and still win...who's available through the playoffs?...the risk....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Good point.  The risk is very much in play right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i'd say shak is a regular season illusion and a playoff reality.  he played hard and started getting aches so they shelved him.  watch for him to come back and play modest minutes soon but save himself for the playoffs.

i'm sure this is the plan of danny/doc/trainers/shak.  he's a guy that you can't over-use any more.  better be safe and have him there later.  we're winning now.

as for jerlame, i think he's a totally different story.  washed up hard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

ESPN just said that he isn't close to returning and that this upcoming week is cloudy at best for him returning....I say don't push it if he is having so much trouble....give him till mid march or little later if need be