Is there any way we can land Pau Gasol and JJ Redick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Is there any way we can land Pau Gasol and JJ Redick?

Using Pierce, Bradley, Bass, Melo and picks in sign and trades or other creative ways? 

I wouldn't mind seeing a starting 5 of

Garnett. Pf

Gasol. C

Green. Sf

Redick sg

Rondo. Pg

With Sully first man off the bench spelling Garnett. I know I'm dreaming, but that wouldn't be a bad team at all to give the heat a run for thier money. Can it happen fierce ?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Re: Is there any way we can land Pau Gasol and JJ Redick?

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to makonikyman's comment:

Using Pierce, Bradley, Bass, Melo and picks in sign and trades or other creative ways? 

I wouldn't mind seeing a starting 5 of

Garnett. Pf

Gasol. C

Green. Sf

Redick sg

Rondo. Pg

With Sully first man off the bench spelling Garnett. I know I'm dreaming, but that wouldn't be a bad team at all to give the heat a run for thier money. Can it happen fierce ?

Yes, it can happen.

But you have to understand if we give the Lakers Pierce, Bass, and Bradley, it will make the Lakers younger and a better team overall. This is assuming they re-sign Dwight.

The Celtics will not improve in that trade with the Lakers because Pau Gasol is also in the decline. 

Adding Redick helps, but I don't see the Celtics becoming an elite team with that roster.

The Celts should go young, not go old.

It would just be for a one yr run at the heat. Gasol can still play IMO...he is a great passing big man who will give you 15/8. And then his salary comes off the books after next yr. And maybe KG too if he retires. You would still be left to rebuild with a top pg, sg, and sf....with a potential young up and comer pf in Sully. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

It would just be for a one yr run at the heat. Gasol can still play IMO...he is a great passing big man who will give you 15/8. And then his salary comes off the books after next yr. And maybe KG too if he retires. You would still be left to rebuild with a top pg, sg, and sf....with a potential young up and comer pf in Sully. 

It would be hard to play the Heat with that lineup because Gasol and KG together would be too slow to keep up with Lebron and Bosh. The Heat's best lineup is when Lebron is at the 4 and Bosh is at the 5.

And without a scorer like Pierce, the Celts would have a hard time scoring against the Heat.

We d have to playa slow down game and crash the offensive boards like we did against the Lakers in the 80's. That would be the way to beat them...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

It would be hard to play the Heat with that lineup because Gasol and KG together would be too slow to keep up with Lebron and Bosh. The Heat's best lineup is when Lebron is at the 4 and Bosh is at the 5.

And without a scorer like Pierce, the Celts would have a hard time scoring against the Heat.

I just don't see at all how the heat could defend that line up in the half court set. Gasol posting up, Garnet and Rondo in the pick n roll...rondo dishing out to JJ or Green or dropping it off underneath to Gasol...hmmmm...be tough for the heat to match up I thing. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

That would only make sense, if we would be a contender with this team.

Depending on the sidekicks there is a very slim chance, but more realistic IMO that we will end like the Lakers this year, cause our players are too old an fragile.

KG will have his ankels repaired in the summer, Gasol both knees and Rondo still recovering from a ACL injury.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Something like this was what Laker fans were thinking last summer when they got Dwight and Nash. But the Lakers never beat the Heat this season even with Dwight, Kobe, Gasol, and Nash. 

Going big is not the answer to beating the Heat.

Memphis will give the Heat fits if they ever can get to the finals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I agree with Fiercest - go young, rather than big....

Now if they can find a vet big man who wants to play for the Celtics.....there HAS TO BE at least one player in the league who feels the need to play on the big stage for a marquee team.....and see's that the timing is right in Boston for a new star to emerge. There haven't really been any openings (until this season) the last 6 years or so in Boston......what about a guy like Okafor ? He was drafted high and has played in obscurity on bad teams while Dwight Howard has been in the spotlight. Maybe a guy like him would sign for the mid-level with a nice raise in yr 2 and 3 , just to get on a playoff team that has rivalries with Miami, NYC and Chicago...that's a lot of games on national TV

Same thing with Al Jefferson.....if he would agree to the mid-level in the first yr  with nice raises after, then I think it would be a great move, but adding another 8-10 yr vet at $10M plus for at least 3 yrs ? That's overpaying and not helping develop a young core.....

Rather than overpay out of desperation, maybe the best thing is to identify ONE guy in this yrs draft and spend to move up to get one of the top 5 picks ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Gasol would help us for a year or two in improving our rebounds and scoring in the post along with KG and picking up Redick would  help our outside shooting that we lost with Ray Allen and Terry did not provide. We would make the playoffs but not be Ring contenders.

Why did Pacers win ? Rebs 53-40 or +13 second chances. NY is not a great team. In fact, if Felton & Smith were not hot, we could have beaten them because it was not Carmelo who beat us. We have not dominated the paint since Bird, Parish & McHale days. When they had a 10-15 pt lead in the 3rd qtr, they kept their foot on the gas and won by 25. We've been close to last in rebs past few years. How many games have we been ahead in the 3rd qtr & blow the lead because we run out of gas, shooting 45-50% goes to 30-35% and we get outrebounded.

I would say going forwarded we hope Rondo solves our PG issues missing this year, we go after Redick and hope Melo develops. But I would draft 6'10", 6'11" PFs who can play C and also a 7' Center. Also, I'd draft a PG. Would love to get GS's Steph Curry's brother Seth or another good potential PG. 

We'd contend with Gasol & Redick but might have to wait 2-3 years for these tower draft choices to develop to win # 18. I am a fan of 10+ rebs---it can make up for poor shooting nights !!!

Wow...Grizzlies are an exiting team. Believe they will beat the one man show, Durant & OKC, and our alumnus, Tony Allen, is a delight to watch--wish we'd kept him as better than Bradley and Randolph and Gasol are animals in the post. They will be tough going forward & I feel they could beat the Heat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Something like this was what Laker fans were thinking last summer when they got Dwight and Nash. But the Lakers never beat the Heat this season even with Dwight, Kobe, Gasol, and Nash. 

I think that's where you're wrong, going small will never beat the Heat. Make them match up with you, because no one can try to match up with them and win, LeBron is so much better than who ever he goes against, you will never beat them,trying to play their game!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

I could not disagree more. Going BIG is the ONLY way to beat the heat. You crash the offensive glass with 4 guys and expose the heats only weakness. SIZE....if you try to match up with thier athletisism you will lose. They can't run on made baskets. And don't worry about JJ guarding Lebron...no one else can guard him either, and certainly not PP anymore...also....you guys are missing the point, getting Gasol is for one yr ONLY...his 19 m contract comes off the books after Nxt yr. and if at the deadline, if thingsaren't working out, he'd be a valuable trading chip to a contender or someone trying to free up money. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I think that's where you're wrong, going small will never beat the Heat. Make them match up with you, because no one can try to match up with them and win, LeBron is so much better than who ever he goes against, you will never beat them,trying to play their game!! 

Amazing...great minds think alike. You beat me to it....haha

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Amazing...great minds think alike. You beat me to it....haha

I had to look again, i thought i was reading myself twice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

After trashing him as Gasoft all these years, now you think he'd be great for the celtics?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to lakersavenger's comment:

After trashing him as Gasoft all these years, now you think he'd be great for the celtics?

that's a minority opinion.............I, for one, think he has been unappreciated in kobe-walks-on-water LA!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Trading Pierce and Bass for Gasol and Courtney Lee and a future #1 pick for Redick makes us a MUCH better team.

Gotta keep Avery Bradley

Not saying either LA or the Bucks would make those trades. But Green, KG (still) and Avery can all defend at high levels and do some of the best jobs in the league on Miami's big 3.

Redick and Terry would have to outshoot guys like Ray and Cole.

Sully will be asked to defend Haslem and Battier. Green will obv be the guy on LeBron. Celtics could use a backup SF with Pierce gone and fill that spot through the draft or MLE.

Obviously Rondo and Gasol will drive the Heat crazy, play the positions Miami is weakest at, and would be the two players who make such a series a rough one.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

We d have to playa slow down game and crash the offensive boards like we did against the Lakers in the 80's. That would be the way to beat them...

Maybe the KG of 2008 and the Pau Gasol of 2010, but not the KG and Gasol of 2013.

This season is the first season that KG failed to have a 20-point game in the playoffs. It's very clear KG is done.

Also, playing a slow down means Rondo will be ineffective because the opposing team will keep leaving Rondo open at the 3pt line.

Playing a slow down means you have 3 or 4 3-point shooters on the court all the time. Just like Hakeem Olajuwon and the Rockets of 94 and 95. 

If you have a guy like Rondo you don't play slow because Rondo's weaknesses will be exposed.

Rondo, AB, and Green thrive on up tempo games..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Trading Pierce and Bass for Gasol and Courtney Lee and a future #1 pick for Redick makes us a MUCH better team.

Gotta keep Avery Bradley

Not saying either LA or the Bucks would make those trades. But Green, KG (still) and Avery can all defend at high levels and do some of the best jobs in the league on Miami's big 3.

Redick and Terry would have to outshoot guys like Ray and Cole.

Sully will be asked to defend Haslem and Battier. Green will obv be the guy on LeBron. Celtics could use a backup SF with Pierce gone and fill that spot through the draft or MLE.

Obviously Rondo and Gasol will drive the Heat crazy, play the positions Miami is weakest at, and would be the two players who make such a series a rough one.

Reddick is not that bad on D..