It Doesn't Matter Now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

It Doesn't Matter Now

Everyone might as well get over it.  Done, happened.  Might as well get on board and look for positives with our new guys.  I liked Perk as much as most here, but he did nearly as many bad as good things.  Illegal picks, dumb fouls. No offense at all, bad free throw shooter, taking a rebound down to his knees to wind up, only to get stuffed.   If Kristic can give us half of Perk on the defensive end, he will make up for it on the offensive end.  KG won't let our defense drag. Count on it.  Did we play well without Perk this year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: It Doesn't Matter Now

agreed. i liked perk. and i'll probably watch more OKC games now. and while he was a good player, he wasn't a great player. i don't know much about green and kristic, but sounds a lot like we're not done yet. we've freed up 3 roster spots with buyouts looming.

as for perk, there's no guarantee he would have been back next year anyway. in fact, he probably sealed his own fate to some extent when he rejected the offer made a few weeks ago. now at least we'll be able to sign BBD and/or green.

we essentially gave erdin and harangody away, but i guess we needed the roster space.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

The Celtic players have a way of making average players play above their heads. I am sure the OKC players will fit in rather well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to It Doesn't Matter Now:
    [QUOTE]Everyone might as well get over it.  Done, happened.  Might as well get on board and look for positives with our new guys.  I liked Perk as much as most here, but he did nearly as many bad as good things.  Illegal picks, dumb fouls. No offense at all, bad free throw shooter, taking a rebound down to his knees to wind up, only to get stuffed.   If Kristic can give us half of Perk on the defensive end, he will make up for it on the offensive end.  KG won't let our defense drag. Count on it.  Did we play well without Perk this year?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I read things like the Cs don't need to score more because they have more than enough scoring.....

79 - that is the number of points they scored in game 7 when the Lakers played suffocating defense.

Give me Murphy, Shaq, Davis, and Krstic - all of whom are better offensive players than Perk - and the Cs will not lose anything on the offensive.

To me the joke is that there was talk about how the Lakers length hurt the Cs in the finals - was it really the Lakers length where Bynum pretty much did not play after game 1?  Or was it the Cs complete inability to get anything from their point guard and their center at the offensive end?

Rondo broke the all time free throw percentage and Perk was a complete non factor as usual at the offensive end.

This year so far two thirds of the teams in the league score more points and they had the second leading defense WITHOUT PERK.

Quite often the Cs lose games by not scoring more than 90 points and then talk about how their defense did not step up and how their defense drives their offense - really?

How about having a couple of guys that are not huge, gigantic liabilities at the offensive end who cannot shoot, cannot make free throws, avoid shooting, thing they are great players but when all is said and done are bit players (as I have always opined)?

Go back and look at the trades and I posit that Perk was not even one of the 10 best players traded over the last few days:

'melo, D Will, Billups, Brooks, Mayo, Davis, Green, Wallace, Mo Williams, Devin Harris, Favors, and a bunch of others....... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SusanLovesCelts. Show SusanLovesCelts's posts

I love the trade.  I personally never liked Perkins. No hands, no lift, bad shooter, dumb fouls, etc.  Bravo Danny Boy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I loved Perk (in a man kind of way) but I think we made the right decision.

Dudder, great post.  I agree.  I think we will be a much better team.

I hear Sheed is contemplating returning (realgm.com).  Ut oh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to It Doesn't Matter Now:
    [QUOTE]Everyone might as well get over it.  Done, happened.  Might as well get on board and look for positives with our new guys.  I liked Perk as much as most here, but he did nearly as many bad as good things.  Illegal picks, dumb fouls. No offense at all, bad free throw shooter, taking a rebound down to his knees to wind up, only to get stuffed.   If Kristic can give us half of Perk on the defensive end, he will make up for it on the offensive end.  KG won't let our defense drag. Count on it.  Did we play well without Perk this year?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    You don't know this board very well, do you?.  Most of the posters (myself included) aren't completely over game 7 yet.  And you think we're all going to get over this trade a few hours after it was done?   Fat chance of that taking place for at least a week.
    Like I've already said, if this works out, everybody will be bowing down to Danny.  And if it doesn't, he'll be remembered for turning this year into a trainwreck.
    Myself, I don't think this is over yet.  I'm waiting to see who we get with the buyouts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

It does not matter what the Celtic defensive rank is, if they can not match up against the Laker front court, if they meet in the finals. Who guards Bynum?

... or are you assuming that the Lakers won't make it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

It hasn't even been 24 hours yet how can we be over it that quick.... Im over Nate ... but Perk really? Yall act like his absence wasn't the reason why we lost game 7 .... and that he isn't the only person that can kinda guard D. Howard .... a center was what we had over a lot of teams... OVER IT? ... not for awhile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Chris Johnson 6'11"
    Anybody heard of him?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=%2Fg%2Fa%2F2011%2F02%2F24%2Ffanhousebostoncelticssignchr.DTL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Dudder, the Lakers only scored 83 points in game 7 so clearly BOTH teams played tough D.  It was a nail biting down and dirty battle so no pretty boy offensive players were doing to get ANYTHING in that game.  Check out Kobe's stats.  The key to that game was two things and they were GLARING:

1. The Celts got absolutely POUNDED on the Boards
    2. the Number of fouls the Lakers got vs the Celts, especially 2nd half, was astounding (something like 27 to 6 or 7??).

So, offense wasn't going the help.  The key was MORE REBOUNDS.  That's why we all talk about missing Perk.  He is not going to help on Offense, but his D and rebounding against big guys is not something you can argue.  He didn't look better at it because of help D, either.  He plays Howard and Laker big men one on one because he's strong enough to push them away from the basket.  That's what we'll miss.

We will move on.....but not tonight, my friend.  Its a time for a little mourning and then we'll move on.  

I sure hope Danny is right about this gamble.  I love what he did for the future.  But, he clearly payed for it with a lower chance at the title.  Can we still win - yes.  But, it will be a little harder now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Perk was Lunch Pail. He was not sexy at all. Hence you didn't hear his name mentioned as much as some of the other "So Called" better players. He made his bones on the defensive end and doing the dirty stuff. These experts who did not mention his name as one of the top players available, cosistently make stupid picks and predictions. I thought the transactions made the C's a better team. Now, I'm not so sure. It's going to be a wait and see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

People that do not understand defence and chemistry make the sorry sorry comments they just forget about banner 17, oh we would have won it big without perk, oh he is just sorry, oh he just draggs the team down, we won 17 with only four on the floor, you make me sick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi2. Show bilalkazmi2's posts

This trade isn't that bad.

First of all, Perkins will not be able to play D the way he played it for the Celtics.  When the entire team works together behind one defensive leader to Defend, everyones D gets elevated.

Perkins wasn't an amazing defender before KG arrived to Boston.  Paul wasn't known as a good defender, and Ray Allen was considered a defensive liability by many.

All that changed when behind KG, everyone decided to focus on defense.  I dont think the Thunder will be able to make this shift.  The players on their roster are much too young and individual minded to focus on a team concept.

Perkins will not be as useful to Thunder as he was for us.

And, by the same token, Jeff Green and even to an extent Kristic, will seem to play better D for us.

The other thing to be aware of is this:  Danny is opening up roster spots for a reason.  I bet he has spoken to some valuable vets and has agreement from them to join us soon.  I am 95% sure that Rasheed Wallace will be back.  Last year, even with a bad back, he gave us good to solid defense in the playoffs.  I dont know who else might be in the works.

I can't help but think that Antoine Walker might be on DA's list somewhere.  He has been putting up good stats in the D league, and he might not be a bad body to have sitting on the bench in case some of our players are in major foul trouble.  He has some valuable playoff experience.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: It Doesn't Matter Now:
    [QUOTE]It hasn't even been 24 hours yet how can we be over it that quick.... Im over Nate ... but Perk really? Yall act like his absence wasn't the reason why we lost game 7 .... and that he isn't the only person that can kinda guard D. Howard .... a center was what we had over a lot of teams... OVER IT? ... not for awhile
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

How long did it take you to get over Nate??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]This trade isn't that bad. First of all, Perkins will not be able to play D the way he played it for the Celtics.  When the entire team works together behind one defensive leader to Defend, everyones D gets elevated. Perkins wasn't an amazing defender before KG arrived to Boston.  Paul wasn't known as a good defender, and Ray Allen was considered a defensive liability by many. All that changed when behind KG, everyone decided to focus on defense.  I dont think the Thunder will be able to make this shift.  The players on their roster are much too young and individual minded to focus on a team concept. Perkins will not be as useful to Thunder as he was for us. And, by the same token, Jeff Green and even to an extent Kristic, will seem to play better D for us. The other thing to be aware of is this:  Danny is opening up roster spots for a reason.  I bet he has spoken to some valuable vets and has agreement from them to join us soon.  I am 95% sure that Rasheed Wallace will be back.  Last year, even with a bad back, he gave us good to solid defense in the playoffs.  I dont know who else might be in the works. I can't help but think that Antoine Walker might be on DA's list somewhere.  He has been putting up good stats in the D league, and he might not be a bad body to have sitting on the bench in case some of our players are in major foul trouble.  He has some valuable playoff experience.
    Posted by bilalkazmi2[/QUOTE]
    If Danny's planning on bringing Toine back, I think we should do an intervention.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

antoine is NOT coming back. even if he did, he is of no help on the interior and would just setup at the 3 point line, again.

if danny got rid of both perk and semih, he probably has an agreement in principle for a buyout for a center. joel pryzbilla anyone?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]This trade isn't that bad. First of all, Perkins will not be able to play D the way he played it for the Celtics.  When the entire team works together behind one defensive leader to Defend, everyones D gets elevated. Perkins wasn't an amazing defender before KG arrived to Boston.  Paul wasn't known as a good defender, and Ray Allen was considered a defensive liability by many. All that changed when behind KG, everyone decided to focus on defense.  I dont think the Thunder will be able to make this shift.  The players on their roster are much too young and individual minded to focus on a team concept. Perkins will not be as useful to Thunder as he was for us. And, by the same token, Jeff Green and even to an extent Kristic, will seem to play better D for us. The other thing to be aware of is this:  Danny is opening up roster spots for a reason.  I bet he has spoken to some valuable vets and has agreement from them to join us soon.  I am 95% sure that Rasheed Wallace will be back.  Last year, even with a bad back, he gave us good to solid defense in the playoffs.  I dont know who else might be in the works. I can't help but think that Antoine Walker might be on DA's list somewhere.  He has been putting up good stats in the D league, and he might not be a bad body to have sitting on the bench in case some of our players are in major foul trouble.  He has some valuable playoff experience.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

sheed and toine--just what we need --let`s bring back Tony Delk too--what a ridiculous post

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

And back in Lakerdom...

Phil:  That takes care of the celtics.  Thanks Danny!

Gasol:  Yep! Kobe lets get ready for Lebron and wade

Kobe:  Right Barnes should be ready to go next week.  He will help against     Lebron.  Good pick up Mitch!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]And back in Lakerdom... Phil:  That takes care of the celtics.  Thanks Danny! Gasol:  Yep! Kobe lets get ready for Lebron and wade Kobe:  Right Barnes should be ready to go next week.  He will help against     Lebron.  Good pick up Mitch!
    Posted by lalakerman[/QUOTE]

What are you, two??

No one cares what's happening in "lakerdom".    This is a Celtics forum.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]And back in Lakerdom... Phil:  That takes care of the celtics.  Thanks Danny! Gasol:  Yep! Kobe lets get ready for Lebron and wade Kobe:  Right Barnes should be ready to go next week.  He will help against     Lebron.  Good pick up Mitch!
    Posted by lalakerman[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!