It has to be Monroe and STUCKEY , not Charlie V.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

It has to be Monroe and STUCKEY , not Charlie V.......

I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat....but it HAS to be Monroe and Rodney Stuckey. Not Monroe and Charlie V. 

Stuckey is more than capable of playing point guard and has the body/size/athleticism of D Wade

He would start alongside either Avery Bradley and Marshon Brooks and Rondo would be a distant memory by All Star Weekend. There is no reason the Celtics can't make the playoffs this season, and if Rondo is not completely on board then he has to go. I've always loved his game and his heart, but there is apparantly a whole lot WE (Celtics fans outside the locker room and front office) don't about Rondo. Credit Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge for keeping a lid on everything all these years, but it doesn't seem possible that Rondo is going to respect and follow direction from Brad Stevens. Go check out Shaq's book for the section about his time with the Celtics, he wrote mostly about Rondo and I think Shaq nailed it when he said (about Rondo):

"Once a man makes a million dollars , you can't tell him anything........this is true with some guys more than others.

Get Rodney Stuckey along with Greg Monrow and THAT would be EXCELLENT value for a superstar like Rondo. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: It has to be Monroe and STUCKEY , not Charlie V.......

Why would we want Monroe when we have KO, Sully and Bass.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

hold out for Monroe and Knight

Monroe is a better and younger player than bass.

he's also a better player than Sully, right now at least...though they do play the same below the rim game.

KO is a different beast all together.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Completely agree with you.  This is what I posted 7/1...

Boston Trades: Rondo, Courtney Lee 

Pistons Trades: Greg Monroe, Tony Mitchell,  Expiring Contract of Rodney Stuckey

Why for Boston:  They get a talented young Big in Monroe, who can come off the books next year if he isn't working out (he will work out, he's a beast).  Another guy with loads of potential in Mitchell who is on a late round rookie contract.  And Stuckey is a guy to play PG next year that won't win you any games and is off your books at the end.  Get rid of Lee's contract.

Why for Pistons:  You get the PG that Josh Smith wants to play with, and can still offer him a rediculous max contract.  You get a top 5 talent PG who puts butts in the seats with his electric style of play.  You get a nice bench piece to replace Stuckey in Lee for about the same $.

Pistons can offer Monroe because he will command a new contract next year and bigs like him get paid.  And they already have (a possibly better) clone in Drummond.  Danny could demand Caldwell-Pope instead of Mitchell but I doubt the Pistons let him go as he fills a role for them.

I trade-checked it, the #s work.

Boston: PG- Stuckey, ? (other trades/min. signings)(Pressey)

Sg- Bradley, Brooks, Crawford

SF- Green, Wallace, Mitchell

PF- Sully, Olynyk, Humph(hopefully will be gone) Bass (hopefully will be gone)

C- Monroe, Melo, Iverson

More $ off the books next year, and def a lottery team. But there is still some really nice potential there for the future.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

After seeing Olynyk play, and hearing what Sully and Jeff Green had to say about tanking I'm not sure I agree with my past self.  I don't think this is "definately a lottery team", but I still like the trade.

My past self is a moron! Get your head outta your ARSE! TANK LOVER!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Because he is better now than all of them and has more upside than all of them. Thats why...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

Not a fan of Stunkey.. Never have been. Over rated, under motivated, and detroit would be happy to dump him on us. Any deal that doesn't involve one of the centers and picks (plural) is a bad one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to jrmccook's comment:

Not a fan of Stunkey.. Never have been. Over rated, under motivated, and detroit would be happy to dump him on us. Any deal that doesn't involve one of the centers and picks (plural) is a bad one.

Stunkey, as you call him, would not be the centerpiece of the trade...Monroe or Drummond would. However, he would still be valuable to us as he is an expiring contract and could play PG for a year (we wouldn't have a PG if Rondo was traded).

I do agree with your last sentence though. No Monroe/Drummond...no deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Stuckey is a career backup and a tweener. Why would you make HIM necessary as part of the deal? To play with the already crowded 2 guard position of tweeners who cant play PG?

We need a pg back if Rondo goes and why not ask for B.Knight, an up and coming pg who can score and has a nice ceiling? I would do Rondo for Monroe all day and If I made them include anyone it would be Knight, not Suckey!

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

Pistons Trades: Greg Monroe, Tony Mitchell,  Expiring Contract of Rodney Stuckey

Why for Boston:  They get a talented young Big in Monroe, who can come off the books next year if he isn't working out (he will work out, he's a beast).  Another guy with loads of potential in Mitchell who is on a late round rookie contract.  And Stuckey is a guy to play PG next year that won't win you any games and is off your books at the end.  Get rid of Lee's contract.

Why for Pistons:  You get the PG that Josh Smith wants to play with, and can still offer him a rediculous max contract.  You get a top 5 talent PG who puts butts in the seats with his electric style of play.  You get a nice bench piece to replace Stuckey in Lee for about the same $.

Pistons can offer Monroe because he will command a new contract next year and bigs like him get paid.  And they already have (a possibly better) clone in Drummond.  Danny could demand Caldwell-Pope instead of Mitchell but I doubt the Pistons let him go as he fills a role for them.

C- Monroe, Melo, Iverson

More $ off the books next year, and def a lottery team. But there is still some really nice potential there for the future.

stuckey is not a pg. I dont want t.mitchell. we have our  own. Need to get back a pg if Rondo goes. Not another tweener

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

C- Monroe, Melo, Iverson

And I agree that if you offer Rondo and Green that would be a package that could net you Monroe, and knight, but who on earth would give up the only two players on the team that have any shot whatsoever to be all stars or are even remotely marketable?????  For a center who has been compared to Al Jefferson defensively, and could just walk at the end of the year, a PG who is a completely unproven commodity and also is a terrible defender, and a future pick (cant be 2014 cuz the Pistons don't own it) when DA already has a bunch of picks stockpiled??   Would anyone else on the board consider doing that deal?  Seems pretty MORONIC!

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/id-be-all-in-for-this-deal/100/6726078?page=2

this guy has to be Rusty. the mental gymnastics are identical.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

C- Monroe, Melo, Iverson

And I agree that if you offer Rondo and Green that would be a package that could net you Monroe, and knight, but who on earth would give up the only two players on the team that have any shot whatsoever to be all stars or are even remotely marketable?????  For a center who has been compared to Al Jefferson defensively, and could just walk at the end of the year, a PG who is a completely unproven commodity and also is a terrible defender, and a future pick (cant be 2014 cuz the Pistons don't own it) when DA already has a bunch of picks stockpiled??   Would anyone else on the board consider doing that deal?  Seems pretty MORONIC!

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/id-be-all-in-for-this-deal/100/6726078?page=2

this guy has to be Rusty. the mental gymnastics are identical.

[/QUOTE]

And you have to be the biggest owner of Summers Eve stock in the world.

PS I'm right.  I still don't understand how you arent getting this!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

"They get a talented young Big in Monroe, who can come off the books next year if he isn't working out (he will work out, he's a beast). "

"For a center who has been compared to Al Jefferson defensively,"

ahhh, good ol' Rusty

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

not gonna happen.

Danny's sticking with Rondo, which is the right move for this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

DA knows the longerthe Celtics hold on to Rondo, the more suffering this franchise will go through and  it will also lower the long odds on Stevens becoming a good NBA coach.

Get rid of this kid before his perceived value drops any more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stunkey, as you call him, would not be the centerpiece of the trade...Monroe or Drummond would. However, he would still be valuable to us as he is an expiring contract and could play PG for a year (we wouldn't have a PG if Rondo was traded).

[/QUOTE]

If its Drummond, I would do a straight up deal...but doubt Detroit would be that stupid..

that kid is a Monster waiting to happen!!!Throw in Melo for an appetizer...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

In response to Archer1's comment:

If its Drummond, I would do a straight up deal...but doubt Detroit would be that stupid..

that kid is a Monster waiting to happen!!!Throw in Melo for an appetizer...

There you go.  Great minds think alike.  Smile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

i wouldn't put it past Danny to get Detroit to part with Drummond. that would be amazing.