it is what it is

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

it is what it is

we knew all along what this season would be like. either we would stand pat with PP and KG and make a brief playoff run, or we would retool with an eye toward the future. we elected to stand pat. the injuries to rondo and sully have hurt us. jason terry is a huge bust. but had some trade options at the deadline for PP and KG, and declined to pull the trigger. so we are getting what we expected all along. a brief playoff appearance by an aging team.

hopefully next year this team will look a lot different. the lone bright spot has been green. i hope we see jeff in green for a long time to come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: it is what it is

Well, I think Danny would have traded KG to the Clips, but KG said no............

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Well tomorrow is going to show us what this team is made of. Normally we would win this game when we are pushed into a corner. I want to see how Green, Bass, AB and especially Terry play.

I think we'll win because everyone has written them off. PP will try to go for 40 if he needs too.

I expect big games from PP and KG. Doc needs to play Randolph and Wilcox and I think he will. If we aren't going to get anything from Crawford and Terry it's going to be real ugly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Well, I think Danny would have traded KG to the Clips, but KG said no............

i wonder if KG would have said no if PP was already gone...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

i wonder if KG would have said no if PP was already gone...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Well tomorrow is going to show us what this team is made of. Normally we would win this game when we are pushed into a corner. I want to see how Green, Bass, AB and especially Terry play.

I think we'll win because everyone has written them off. PP will try to go for 40 if he needs too.

I expect big games from PP and KG. Doc needs to play Randolph and Wilcox and I think he will. If we aren't going to get anything from Crawford and Terry it's going to be real ugly.

I also expect the Celtics to win tomorrow.  I don't see them being swept as some on this board have posted.  One of the starters is going to have a big game, (probably Pierce) and I expect the bench to perform better. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I expect the Celtics to lose tomorrow.  There is nothing that this team has done THIS SEASON that would remotely cause me to "expect" a Celtics win tomorrow.  The Knicks have simply beaten us every which way there is.  We haven't stepped up once THIS SEASON when we needed to - on the road!

Now understand this, I would not be "surprised" if the Celtics won tomorrow.  I would not be surprised at all but, expectations, no way do I expect them to win.

Honestly, I expect NY  to be the team that gets itself settled more for game two and plays even better.  I just don't expect to see that from the Celtics.  I don't expect AB or Green to repeat their game one performances.  But I do expect Terry, Lee, Bass and Crawford to repeat theirs.  I also think if KG gets more aggressive on the offensive end, it will make Green that much less aggressive.

This team is so not like past playoff teams that it's crazy.  This team doesn't "summon" anything when it needs it.  Honestly, that's what we miss from NINE!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Petey, I hope you're wrong. LOL! I'm hoping this team can step up but I'm not nearly as confident as I usually am. You're spot on, they have been uneven all year.

This is where we miss Rondo...to settle our offense down or grab a key rebound, make a key pass. We aren't getting any easy buckets. NOW, Rondo still commanded the ball too much but I blame more of how this team has developed on Doc more than missing Rondo.

Doc had plenty of chances to develop more guys, but it's looking like our biggest mistake is not getting Dooling out of a suit and onto the court before he went to Memphis. We are missing a PG and it's not AB's fault but AB is a good off-guard, he just cannot run the show.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

We played one of our better defensive games of the year the first game.  If we duplicate that there is a very good chance we take that game.  As bad as we played our defense kept us in it.  We play a better offensive game and play the same defense and we win.  simple as that.  If we don't ,  we still have home court to get us going..

As far a Dooling,  I don't remember exactly what it was but he couldn't be signed by us.  Doc even said that I believe.   

People keep saying this wouldn't happen with Rondo.  Maybe not,  but we would have a better chance is we had another "real" pt guard instead of playing someone that is not a pt guard and can't even make a entry pass to the post.  As much as I like AB  he is a horrible finisher at the rim.  He missed the rim on a pt blank layup with no one pressuring him.  I believe our offense would be better with Williams running.  It wouldn't hurt to give him a shot. Of course its hard to throw him in now but this is why he should have been thrown in there a lot earlier in the year, with consistant minutes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

BirdLewsBias, even I hope I'm wrong.  I really do but I've decided I will make my expectations realistic.  Right now, this team is a mess - playing 8 guys and getting mediocre production from at least 5 1/2 of them (Green's second half was mediocre especially considering his first half).

Green should have had 32 easy.  Also, since we waived Dooling, we could not obtain him again for one year so he could not return to Boston.

But you make a very valid point.  The problem is not missing Rondo, it's not having a capable PG who can run our offense.  Doc/Danny really never brought one in nor did Doc develop someone to become competent playing PG.

OneOnOne, we played a great defensive game but I'm not so sure we can play better defensively.  NY played a great defensive game too and they really took it to another level in the 2nd half by getting in all the passing lanes and applying alot of pressure that took us out of our game and led to turnovers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

tomorrow is a must-win, simple as that. If we loose there's no way we'll beat the knicks in 4 games out of the remaining 5. i think with game 1 we missed a golden chance to take one on the road, since NY was off offensively.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

basketbert

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I kept screaming for Pargo, Pargo, Pargo.

In hindsight maybe by the team playing good when Rondo went down and winning 7 straight made them cool on bringing someone in.

We had foolish turnover after foolish turover but it we get less than 10 points from Crawford and Terry we can't beat anybody.

If Terry can't make a contribution next year I would just amnesty him. He's been a huge disappointment and I cannot see another 2-3 years with him if Crawford is around.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

...postmortems are premature.

...enjoy the ride.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

...enjoy the ride.

One can enjoy the ride and recognize this team has absolutely zero chance of making any noise this year.

I have enjoyed the ride every year for the past 35 or so, good or bad. 

This years team has been DOA for a long time.  it doesn't make me less of a fan for knowing that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I kept screaming for Pargo, Pargo, Pargo.

In hindsight maybe by the team playing good when Rondo went down and winning 7 straight made them cool on bringing someone in.

We had foolish turnover after foolish turover but it we get less than 10 points from Crawford and Terry we can't beat anybody.

If Terry can't make a contribution next year I would just amnesty him. He's been a huge disappointment and I cannot see another 2-3 years with him if Crawford is around.

You could be right about Terry.  If he still is terrible next season that may be the only way to get rid of him.   Agree that he has been a big disappointment this season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

You can't say with the same breath that we have been DOA for a while now and Rondo hurts our team.

We miss Rondo. He is a game changer, he would solve a lot of the turnover problems. AB would go back to pressure, steal, cutting, corner threes. Rondo & Green would dominate the fast break. Rondo probably could help Terry get going. Remember that everyone is contributing  in ways they've never had to to compensate for Rondo's absense.

I am still high on our chances next year. I think we have as much a chance as the Bulls right now, this year. It is possible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to 37stories's comment:

...enjoy the ride.

One can enjoy the ride and recognize this team has absolutely zero chance of making any noise this year.

This years team has been DOA for a long time.  it doesn't make me less of a fan for knowing that.

A new start never hurt anyone!!  I believe in second chances!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

That pretty much sums it up....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

I also expect the Celtics to win tomorrow.  I don't see them being swept as some on this board have posted.  One of the starters is going to have a big game, (probably Pierce) and I expect the bench to perform better. 

I expect PP to have a Big game, but not go for 40....22pts, 10rbs, and 8 assists will do...

Green 28 pts, Kg 16pts/10rbs..and hopefully some contributions from others....that's the only way we can be competitive in this series...KG and PP cannot carry us very far anymore...but they can do it in spurts...and let others help them...we need a team efforts..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

...enjoy the ride.

Wow. 5 exclamation points. You must be really excited.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

...enjoy the ride.

Wow. 5 exclamation points. You must be really excited.

Just for you, baby...........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

You're a good girl.

Call me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

You're a good girl.

Call me.

I see we're still fighting those anger problems!!!

25. This post has been removed.