It starts at the top

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

It starts at the top

Rondo is saying some of the things we have suspected all along.. this team is soft..mentally.

At least he is willing to take some of the blame. The leaders of the team must be the task masters along with the coach. As much as i hate to give credit to Kome, he always comes ready to play.

We need to get that mentality back. Some guys just need to be pushed or they will underperform their whole careers. Jg is one of those guys. He needs some one to light a fire under his umbrella.

Kg needs to start getting into people's faces. Make them cry if needed..Rondo needs to bring it every night if he is the real leader of this team. I think this is all mental because the talent is clearly there, but we only get glimpses of what could be. Its getting old, in my opinion. No excuses for this team. Sometimes, talent is not enough.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1494441-rajon-rondo-i-gotta-do-a-better-job-of-being-a-leader

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: It starts at the top

Rondo was annointed the leader of the Celtics but thats not how a leader is made.  He has to earn it and who's gonna follow a diva that's the most guilty of not leaving it all on the court every night?

Doc, KG and the rest think if they keep saying its Rondos team the little brat will miraculously grow up and be the leader. Hes not, KG is still the man followed by Pierce. Rondo's the guy everyone nods their head about and tells the media great things but behind everyones back, they dont feel it... Hes cold, zombieish, standoffish.... ever see him interviewed where he didnt make everyone uncomforable?

Doc//// Let your leaders naturally rise to the top...  they will emerge on therir own, as it should be. Your saying RONdo is the leader of the team cause it soothes his ego doesnt get it done. Nobody buys into that crap

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Enough talk...that's all we keep hearing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

It's hard to rally around and follow leaders who don't consistently produce.

KG & PP aren't producing consistently because of age and RR is only consistently inconsistent.

Ortiz, you're right in saying it starts at the top.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to breaktime's comment:

KG & PP aren't producing consistently because of age and RR is only consistently inconsistent.

Basically what you're saying is the Celtics are "topless". A good thing if the Celtics were female.

HAHAHA

The way they're playing now, even if the C's were female and topless, nobody would want to look at them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The way they're playing now, even if the C's were female and topless, nobody would want to look at them.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Basically what you're saying is the Celtics are "topless". A good thing if the Celtics were female.

HAHAHA

hahaha +1 for that one

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesandersonwho. Show jamesandersonwho's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Rondo was annointed the leader of the Celtics but thats not how a leader is made.  He has to earn it and who's gonna follow a diva that's the most guilty of not leaving it all on the court every night?

Doc, KG and the rest think if they keep saying its Rondos team the little brat will miraculously grow up and be the leader. Hes not, KG is still the man followed by Pierce. Rondo's the guy everyone nods their head about and tells the media great things but behind everyones back, they dont feel it... Hes cold, zombieish, standoffish.... ever see him interviewed where he didnt make everyone uncomforable?

Doc//// Let your leaders naturally rise to the top...  they will emerge on therir own, as it should be. Your saying RONdo is the leader of the team cause it soothes his ego doesnt get it done. Nobody buys into that crap

Rondo earned the leader position last year in the playoffs. He will step up his game in the playoffs again. They need to get him some help though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Did Larry Bird wait till the playoffs???

Did big Red?

Morgan Freeman?? I mean Russell...???

True leaders bring it every night...I can see KG and PP having off nights because of their age..

But Rondo?? NO....We may be in for a shocker....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

HAHAHA

hahaha +1 for that one

lol..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Maybe they lack some leadership:

"They miss Ray Allen. And not just because he was a long-range scorer and could get to the free throw line. He also brought professionalism and seriousness to the table. The locker room has become a playhouse after games, with players brushing off difficult losses like Boston snowflakes.".

Just a quote from Gary Washburn and I don't agree with everything but a hint nevertheless.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Rondo is a complimentary player - he can say he's the leader but the truth, he can't carry his team. The real leader used to be Garnett-Pierce & Allen - mix with Rondo, a potent group. Now they don't have any...just my opinion. The article was misleading...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Rondo is saying some of the things we have suspected all along.. this team is soft..mentally.

At least he is willing to take some of the blame. The leaders of the team must be the task masters along with the coach. As much as i hate to give credit to Kome, he always comes ready to play.

We need to get that mentality back. Some guys just need to be pushed or they will underperform their whole careers. Jg is one of those guys. He needs some one to light a fire under his umbrella.

Kg needs to start getting into people's faces. Make them cry if needed..Rondo needs to bring it every night if he is the real leader of this team. I think this is all mental because the talent is clearly there, but we only get glimpses of what could be. Its getting old, in my opinion. No excuses for this team. Sometimes, talent is not enough.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1494441-rajon-rondo-i-gotta-do-a-better-job-of-being-a-leader

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/paul-pierce-admits-that-celtics-lack-mental-toughness-771056.html 

Looks like PP admits that this team is soft above the neck...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

1st,I love the Morgan Freeman quip. 2nd PP is one of the softest headed players lately. he is freezing out players, taking horrible shots,dribbling without purpose and playing more and more hand moving than feet moving on D lately. I really believe he would be better if he played 20 minutes a game, but judging by the he is playing having him come off the bench we would have a RA situation again. Pierce is one of the best C's ever and can play some years still,but he is not anymore the the one man wrecking machine. I really feel Green should start and PP come off the bench and think it would help the team,Green and PP especially if we go deep in the playoffs.