It Was A Good Run

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It Was A Good Run

But, wow.  Pretty disturbing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: It Was A Good Run

Rusty, are you signaling the demise of the C's? Surely you jest! I am still thinking 4 (sweep), 5,6 and 7 winning the title against the Spurs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to It Was A Good Run:
    [QUOTE]But, wow.  Pretty disturbing.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Last season the Celtics were on a downward spiral for a much longer time than this season.  They still managed to make it to the finals.  You have to remain optimistic. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The concern has to be how they think they can turn it on and then scale it back.

They struggle to remain focused.  It's definitely an issue. They are basically playing .500 basketball and losing to inferior teams.

They almost blew it in NY the other night.

I still think they match up ok against Chicago.  Chicago, if Boston can get to a Conf Finals, clearly is a major threat. But, Chicago has only beaten Boston when the Celts didn't have KG.

Sit Rondo near the ends of each half, so they can finish games.

Until he proves he can do that again, you need to give West or Arroyo the ball there.

He's had plenty of team to train himself into being a decent jump shooter.

Being a Guard and not hitting wide open jump shots is pretty much unacceptable for a starter in the NBA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If, and a very big if, the O'Neals come back, this team will have a cure for all that ails it.  They need a big man that opposing teams will need to worry about, and Shaq can be that guy because he knows what to do with the ball closer to the basket.  JO at the very least can play some D and rebound.  I am not writing the Celts off yet.  If anything, I like their chances better than last year if the can stay healthy.  Yes, I know it's a big if.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

WHERE IS THE FAITH PEOPLE?????? THE CELTICS ARE GOING TO WIN BANNER 18 COME JULY!!!!  WATCH AND SEE!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

27-27 last year down the stretch after playing awesome the1st month.   As much as may brain may say they are done...my heart tells me otherwise.  I hadnt gave them much of a chance last year either...but I learned my lesson.  We just have to be 4 minutes better than last year which comes down to depth and getting rest for our aging starters...thats why i think its more important for the new guys to get acclimated rather then to wear out the starters playing scrub teams who are treating these games like game 7 of the Finals....Like Tony said last night..they needed it more

So you say how can that be,?  we are fighting for 1st, we cant let the bulls get # 1 seed.  My answer to that is...nobody on this team or organization is gonna be satisfied with winnig the ECF's...so unless we are fighting for homecourt throughout and determining where game 7 will be...I could care less, we have a veteran team that if locked in and playing well will win anywhere..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

And, we have shown that if we are not playing well then it also does not matter if we play in the Garden because they have already shown they can stink it up at home...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I am not happy with the way they have played and especially losing games that they should have won...may cost home court....but one thing I do know....and that is this team knows it can beat any other team in the league be it in Boston or on the road....they have the experience and the confidence...I think they get lazy...also, I agree that Green needs more minutes....and Rondo should not hold onto the ball for the last 15-20 seconds and then try the jumper at the end of half....ever....Doc....please remind him there are much better options on the floor at that time...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

In Response to Re: It Was A Good Run:
    [QUOTE]WHERE IS THE FAITH PEOPLE?????? THE CELTICS ARE GOING TO WIN BANNER 18 COME JULY!!!!  WATCH AND SEE!!!!
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

LOL! 1825! LOL!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

In Response to Re: It Was A Good Run:
    [QUOTE]In Response to It Was A Good Run : Last season the Celtics were on a downward spiral for a much longer time than this season.  They still managed to make it to the finals.  You have to remain optimistic. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

True but it was a different team and a different Eastern Conference ... it'll be much tougher this year