It's going to be Robert Swift?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: It's going to be Robert Swift?

Robert would have the best look of any Celtics player.

However his game is limited in the extreme. Should have gone to college to develop his game, but jumped straight to the NBA and really is a bust.

Perhaps even college may not have prevented this, but it sure wouldn't have hurt his game.

If the Celtics do sign him I could only see him having limited minutes.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

For some reason I'm not excited about the possibility of Danny signing Robert Swift. I do remember Danny's interest in him during the draft that year when Swift was in the draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In my opinion, Robert is not so Swift!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

UGH! Are we really going to go down this road again?? SMH! When Ainge has his eyes fixated on a player he rarely looks the other way even if it is 3 years later.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Another traffic report by the master ... LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

No! NO! And HELL NO! This guy is a poor man's Raef LaFrentz all over again. Except he can't even measure up to that stiff. Plus, why is he playing in Japan? He can't even crack the lineup in a European League? Unless he averaged 40 points, 20 rebounds and 15 blocked shots per game, then he's a stiff in that league as well.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Oh, I hurt your feelings .... poor Fierce, call out the clones!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: It's going to be Robert Swift?:
    [QUOTE]No! NO! And HELL NO! This guy is a poor man's Raef LaFrentz all over again. Except he can't even measure up to that stiff. Plus, why is he playing in Japan? He can't even crack the lineup in a European League? Unless he averaged 40 points, 20 rebounds and 15 blocked shots per game, then he's a stiff in that league as well.
    Posted by SoCalCeltFan[/QUOTE]

i think you're generous.  i think swift is a poor man's aaron gray

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

If Swift had been available in the draft when Boston picks we would have never gotten Kevin Garnett. Ainge looked like he was going to take Swift over Al Jefferson.

Swift almost cost us a title and he probably doesnt even realize it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, I hurt your feelings .... poor Fierce, call out the clones!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Here is an example of your feelings getting hurt... I couldn't resist. lol

GET UP .... GET UP ... I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU, YOU FRAUD, LIAR, PHONY, WEASEL, FAKER .... GET UP!!!!

Re: Johnson and Moore

posted at 6/27/2011 2:32 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 7/23/2011

GET UP .... GET UP ... I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU, YOU FRAUD, LIAR, PHONY, WEASEL, FAKER .... GET UP!!!!

Go change your username and come back with a different disposition cause your an embarrassment and you shouldn't want to post under your current username again ... Just Saying

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Raef LaFrentz looked like he had a promising career until he got hurt and eventually ended up on the Celtics, where he happened to have two of his healthiest years.  I cannot understand the continual Robert Swift speculation, but Swift could only dream of having LaFrentz's NBA career. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

LaFrentz career average for rebounds (6.1) is the same as the great Kendrick Perkins. He also averaged more shot blocks (1.6-1.4) than the big intimidator. I don't think Swift is the answer however.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Raef LaFrentz looked like he had a promising career until he got hurt and eventually ended up on the Celtics, where he happened to have two of his healthiest years.  I cannot understand the continual Robert Swift speculation, but Swift could only dream of having LaFrentz's NBA career. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]
        I agree with you. Raef was a good player with Denver until he injured a knee. With the C's, he fell in love with the perimeter shot and never got inside to do the dirty work that a 6'11 player should do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Robert would have the best look of any Celtics player. However his game is limited in the extreme. Should have gone to college to develop his game, but jumped straight to the NBA and really is a bust. Perhaps even college may not have prevented this, but it sure wouldn't have hurt his game. If the Celtics do sign him I could only see him having limited minutes.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Robert Swift: a taller Brian Scalabrine on steroids

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to It's going to be Robert Swift?:
    [QUOTE]http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sk20110722n1.html Swift update:  Big man Robert Swift, who played for the on-hiatus Apache in 2010-11 could wind up with the Boston Celtics after the lockout or the New York Knicks, according to former Tokyo Apache coach Bob Hill.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

As long as he isn't our biggest addition.  I'd bring him on as a project 7-footer, but if he's our biggest addition (physically or figuratively), I'd view this offseason as a MASSIVE failure

In the case of Swift, we'd still need another reliable center.