It's Jimmyyyyyyyyy......it's Jimmyyyyyy......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

It's Jimmyyyyyyyyy......it's Jimmyyyyyy......

Would really love to trade up for Jimmer Fredette.
    How do we do it?
    He could be our Jose Juan Barea. Rondo is our Jason Kidd, Bradley is our "Jet" Terry.

Of course Kemba is better, but probably more out of reach.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: It's Jimmyyyyyyyyy......it's Jimmyyyyyy......

In Response to It's Jimmyyyyyyyyy......it's Jimmyyyyyy......:
    [QUOTE]Would really love to trade up for Jimmer Fredette. How do we do it? He could be our Jose Juan Barea. Rondo is our Jason Kidd, Bradley is our "Jet" Terry. Of course Kemba is better, but probably more out of reach.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Did the Celtics somehow move up into the lottery?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Anybody thinking of DJ Red Alert?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Let's not be unrealistic here.  First, there's still no concensus that he will even be a good NBA player.  Secondly, he's a pure shooter with a big defensive downside.

But most important, there's no way we can get him.  He won't be around at any spot we can realistically trade down to get.

Things like this, although fun to speculate about, aren't going to happen.  Any more than we'll be in the running for Dwight Howard or Chris Paul.  Let's concentrate on what we />>can<< do.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: It's Jimmyyyyyyyyy......it's Jimmyyyyyy......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to It's Jimmyyyyyyyyy......it's Jimmyyyyyy...... : Not sure what you are smoking DaCeltic.........but I think Jimmer is going to be a bust in the NBA..........too slow and can't jump............he is a great shooter but doubt whether he will have the time to get the shot off.........the NBA is just too quick for him.......
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

He is JJ Redick at best and will be long gone before Danny picks this year's version of the sleeper in the draft, the steal of the draft, the sky is the limit, blah blah blah.....  then in 6 months or so we will find out the guy can't play, etc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Well you can always sign Adam Morrison

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Jimmer Fredette could slide to the Celts.  He's not known for his defense.  His quickness is suspect although he's probably a little quicker than some people give him credit for.  His strong points are his darting sneaky moves to get himself open and he is an excellent shooter.  Also he has a very strong upper body.  Maybe the Celts can further develop other parts of his game.
         I have to admit I have only seen Jimmer Fredette play in part of one game and a small amount on Youtube.  Also, I am repeating info I have read on different websites.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]     Jimmer Fredette could slide to the Celts.  He's not known for his defense.  His quickness is suspect although he's probably a little quicker than some people give him credit for.  His strong points are his darting sneaky moves to get himself open and he is an excellent shooter.  Also he has a very strong upper body.  Maybe the Celts can further develop other parts of his game.      I have to admit I have only seen Jimmer Fredette play in part of one game and a small amount on Youtube.  Also, I am repeating info I have read on different websites.    
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

Jimmer frightens me athletic wise, but he looks to have the same athleicism as Nash, Mark Price, Stockton but more importantly the same ball-handling ability and most importanly theballsto take any shot and drill it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Jimmer does'nt have to be able to create his own shot with Rondo on the floor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]Jimmer does'nt have to be able to create his own shot with Rondo on the floor.
    This is true.  However, Fredette can dribble and create his own shot.  I like your comparisons to Nash, Price and Stockton.  But how about a fourth PG: Baron Davis.  On nights when Davis' is slightly hobbled, he still gets himself open for the shot with intelligent darting sneaky moves.  Even though Baron does not look to be moving his fastest.  You have to respect that.  Come to think of it, more or less, all four PG's do the same style creating on the dribble before shooting.  Jimmer Fredette might fit into the same NBA mold.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I predict Utah will take him with their 2nd pick, if not their 1st!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

The Jazz seem to prefer players that are white or light skinned blacks.
    Just my observation.

Did'nt they select Deron Williams over Chris Paul?

Not a sin. Just an observation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo can't be our Jason kid because he can't shoot and Bradley our Jet???????????? Bradley SUCKS, another Danny abortion.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]
    Another of your consistently positive posts. We all look forward to reading your remarkable insights.Color ths post red.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Speaking of Jimmy, there is a Jimmy42Jack0 sighting today.......on the Politics forum.  I have already told him we've been waiting for him to congratulate the Mavs after his obnoxious bragging about the Heat........it would be nice if some of you other LTP (long-time-posters) wished him "well" also!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]The Jazz seem to prefer players that are white or light skinned blacks. Just my observation. Did'nt they select Deron Williams over Chris Paul? Not a sin. Just an observation.
    Picking players based on their shade of skin color doesn't make any sense to me.  However, in my 59 years hear on Earth, I have come to find out that other people do things that they think makes sense, but I would disagree with.  I wouldn't think this practice could happen, in the NBA, but one never knows.  I personally, would want to field the best possible basketball team of any kind of people.  My only criterion would be that they would have reasonably good Sportsmanship.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

The Utah fans are very ethnocentric and can't relate to players that are from a very different background, and it seems like the Jazz management understands this and does'nt want to lose fan support of any increment, and that means having white players (or at least plain vanilla suburb raised light skin blacks)ALL Utah fans can get behind.

Maybe I'm way off, I don't know.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

My dad was in the military, and we lived for Utah in five years, and DaCeltics is absolutely right - it's actually a very P.C. statement for a situation that is worse than that.  Anyway, the Jimmer is a poor man's Adam Morrison.  Indiana fans were upset when the Pacers picked Reggie Miller over Steve Alford.  Jazz management won't have the luxury of passing up the Jimmer if he's still there at #13.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]My dad was in the military, and we lived for Utah in five years, and DaCeltics is absolutely right - it's actually a very P.C. statement for a situation that is worse than that.  Anyway, the Jimmer is a poor man's Adam Morrison.  Indiana fans were upset when the Pacers picked Reggie Miller over Steve Alford.  Jazz management won't have the luxury of passing up the Jimmer if he's still there at #13.
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor[/QUOTE]

Guess Boston isn't so bad.  Imagine if Russell played in Utah!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]The Utah fans are very ethnocentric and can't relate to players that are from a very different background, and it seems like the Jazz management understands this and does'nt want to lose fan support of any increment, and that means having white players (or at least plain vanilla suburb raised light skin blacks)the Utah fans can get behind. Maybe I'm way off, I don't know.
    If two players were perceived to be equal in ability, but one correlated to a certain group of people that were known to buy tickets or spend money pertaining to that team, then its possible that player would be selected over the other.  I would say that this kind of practice could potentially cloud one's own judgement.  The talent evaluators would really have to focus on being unbiased and would be walking a thin line.  Could this lead to fielding a less competitive team?  DaCeltic, what are you trying to do here?  Make me think.  Thank You.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Jimmy F. is a very good player with a lot to learn.  It will be hard to find a NBA team that will trust him, very hard.  But if you gave him 30 minutes for the first 20 games he would develop into a very difficult problem for the other teams.  His shooting would open passing and driving lanes and his ability to penetrate and shoot or pass would be a difficult problem for other teams.  His ability to defend is better than most will give credit.   He could do it but who would give him a chance, not Doc.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Do you remember Karl Malone, was he not black, where do you get it that Utah is against blacks.  Stockton would have been great on most teams.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Jimmyyyyyyyyy......it's Jimmyyyyyy...... : If two players were perceived to be equal in ability, but one correlated to a certain group of people that were known to buy tickets or spend money pertaining to that team, then its possible that player would be selected over the other.  I would say that this kind of practice could potentially cloud one's own judgement.  The talent evaluators would really have to focus on being unbiased and would be walking a thin line.  Could this lead to fielding a less competitive team?  DaCeltic, what are you trying to do here?  Make me think.  Thank You.
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

You are welcome.