Its Lack of Caring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Its Lack of Caring

The Celtic are playing like a team that just doesn't care anymore. Not, pointing an finger at any one player, just saying the Beantown boys are tired, dragging to the finish line.  

The NBA season is way to long, back to back games are a joke. It all takes a toll. 

Our Celtics are a heck of a lot better team than what they've been showing lately.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Its Lack of Caring

I agree and even Doc said as much in his postgame interview.  And he basically said it about the whole team.  We are so much better than what we're showing right now that it's physically painful to watch these games.  This is a team that was built on caring - about a common goal and about one another.  The only sign I've seen lately that *anyone* gives a care lately is the news about KG needing to be dragged off the practice floor yesterday.  That's IT.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

You know - age is relative.  Ray, KG and to a certain extent Pierce have run circles around guys 10 years their junior because of their conditioning.  No, it is not about age.  It is about each guy being in his own little world right now and neutralizing what made this team special for 3+ years.  I do agree with you to a point on Rondo's shot.  But it's not all on him. This is on all of them.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Age is an easy explanation for people lazy enough to settle on easy answers.  I've watched nearly every game this season.  I know what I'm talking about.  Conditioning is more significant than you might think.  Anyone over 30 who plays and knows sports understands this.  Even your Lakers' Kareem proved that back in the 80s!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Agreed, the conditioning thing is vital. But, there are two types of conditioning physical conditioning and mental conditioning. Some might say there's a third called spiritual condition. 

My take is the physical conditioning is in place with this Celtics team. However I think the mental conditioning is being challenged. Meaning the will-power, or drive, of the players is being warn down because they've been-here-done-that so many times over the course of their NBA career. 

At some point in an NBA career the last month of each season B.B. King "The Thrill is Gone" syndrome sets in. The mental part of the games sift from being Rock Concert mind set to Blues Concert mind set.

And, this Celtics teams got a bad case of the Blues     

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

VERY well said, Prof.  I think you're absolutely right.

I agree with you that there is such thing as spiritual conditioning and sadly, that and the mental conditioning look to be at a low - maybe the lowest levels of the Big 3 era.  And that "Thrill Is Gone" syndrome is rather contagious - especially when it's affecting the team's leaders.  Not only to the teammates but to us fans as well!!!  I'm going to listen to some blues so I can feel better! 

But that rock show can't come soon enough!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Agreed MsLith, the challenge to our inner fan appears to be knocking.

Once upon a seasons ending, while the team played weak and weary,
    On the parquet floor of forgotten lore,
    While l watched in wonder, nearly napping there came a tapping, 
    turned to knocking, knocking at my door
    Who is this team plying the voice said
    They are impostures, not the team we've come used to seeing      

Only this and never more

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

The same issues about age were made last year. Until Boston is completely out of it, I wouldn't say a thing about the old dudes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Its Lack of Caring:
    [QUOTE]It's age or you are not watching the games. Plus the stupid trade Mr. Ainge made. People say if we are healthy we win, It's like me buying a 1970 car and wanting it to perform like a 2011 car. It's over let it go. WE ARE OLD AND TIRED.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Nothing will convince Rico.  He's already turned on the team and that's that.

Its partially age, but these old guys when in shape are better than many young people.  Ray outshoots almost ALL young guys when he's healthy and rested.  KG is more experienced and still more talented than all the young guys coming out today.  Pierce is one of the best scorers in the league.   Sure, they are older by 3 or 4 years, but they are more experienced and talented by miles.

Celts will get through this and in the playoffs, they will flourish.   Count on it, fans!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

The chemistry is gone!

Sorry folks, but this team started the year knowing Shaq was a question mark, knowing JO has knee issues and knowing that Perkins was eventually coming back.

Early on, with Shaq in the lineup, they played well had chemistry and the game flowed.  It was beautiful!  Then Perk comes back (early might I add) and the team was FIRED UP!!!  They were playing well and adjusting to the old/new rotation, then Danny blew up the team!

Sorry folks, that's what happened.  I'm not here to say they look awful because they lost Perkins. They look awful because they turned over almost half of the team after the All-Star break.  Even if the new guys were better from a skill prospective, they are worse in terms of knowing where to be on offense and defense. 

Nate Robinson knew the plays and could be a nice backup to Rondo...especially with West hurt.  Someone tell me they'd rather a clueless Arroyo over the knowledgeable Robinson!!  Semih Erdan looked like he was going to turn into a good player and represented a nice 6 fouls coming off the bench.  Troy Murphy has missed more shots than Luke Harrangody got to take during his short stay in Boston.  Murph looks awful and now he's hurt.  If I wanted someone who couldn't shoot from outside, I would have kept Perkins because he can at least play some defense. 

It's nice of Danny to lay this on the feet of the 'Big 4' but seriously, did they make the trade?  I don't think so!  So instead of taking our 1st place team into the post-season, Danny decided to blow it up....and for what?

I'm honestly still trying to figure this out!  Did he do this just for Jeff Green?  If so that may be the dumbest move since the Boston Celtics traded away one...wait for it....Danny Ainge!  All these people pointing out that Perkins would have walked after the season have no real proof of that.  For all we know there won't be basketball next season!!  If that becomes reality, KG may retire, Shaq may retire, Ray Allen may be gone as well.  When basketball resumes, we don't know what the new CBA will look like.  We may have had the money and the flexibility under the new CBA to lock up Perkins long term. 

Now we won't know the answer to that question because the ship has sailed.

I start every game since the trade rooting for this team to find it and put it together.  By the end of the game, I'm usually rooting for the cops on Law & Order SVU.  It kills me to say this but they're no longer a real competitive team!  They're a playoff team, not a contender and they were contenders just a few short weeks ago.  If you want to take a team out of first place, just get them to trade away one of their better defenders and then pick up some 'bought out' pieces off the scrap heap.

Sorry Danny but true Boston fans are too knowledgeable to be completely comfortable with this newly constructed team!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sorry, you are shading the facts a little.  First, Danny said the big 4 weren't playing well and he's right, they aren't.  Everyone from my daughter to senile people in retirement homes can all see that the big 4 aren't playing well.  Second, Shaq's being hurt and JON being hurt are a part of the losing.  Last, Danny said that if the team doesn't progress deep into the playoffs, he takes the blame.  

So, he didn't blame it all on the Big 4.  However, there is a time of adjustment going on and while it drives us completely crazy (I stomped around my house cursing when they lost at home to the Bobcats), we have to recognize that this team is a veteran team that knows how to recover and start playing well with a little R&R.

You may be right....maybe there will be work stoppage/lockout next year.  But, Danny could not manage the team assuming that.  He managed as if there's going to be a team in the future and we need to stay relevant in the future.

I still have faith in them!  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2011/03/game_72_celtics.html

Please note the last sentence in this article!

The Big 4 have accepted responsibility because what else would they do, cry publicly like the Miami Heat?

Which facts have I shaded? Please do tell!

Also, the Celtics were winning with Shaq and JO out while Perkins was still here!  Now they just look soft, old and tired....but I'm glad we got Jeff Green.

Lord knows I'd rather have Jeff Green than title 18   (note my heavy sarcasm)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

As for those comments from our link where they suggest Danny's putting it all on the starters - that's the interpretation of the writer, not Danny's words.  Here are his words:

Ainge said he understands the sentiment against the trade, and that if the Celtics don’t advance far into the postseason, the blame will be at his doorstep.

“These games aren’t lost because Shaq [O’Neal] and Jermaine [O’Neal] aren’t playing,’’ Ainge said. “The guys that are in uniform and playing, we have plenty to be winning games. I think everybody in that locker room will tell you we haven’t been playing as well as we’ve been capable of playing.

“Ultimately, our Big Four, when they play well, we win.’’

You see....that's a little different than "Ainge is laying the blame on the Big 4".  That's the writer 'shading' or interpreting his own way.  I interpret it as Danny saying - "these are our leaders and they are the core of our team and I believe they will play well and we will ultimately win and if they don't, the blame is on me (for not getting the right players in that trade)".  Not about "blame" but about leadership.

For your shading the facts, you say Nate was a nice backup to Rondo and knew the plays. Well, Nate was HORRIBLE on offense and defense.  Take a little poll on this Board and see how many folks thought Nate was a good back up.  Second, the Celts were in trouble - before Danny made the moves, his backups were Nate, Wafer (got hurt), Quis (career likely over), JON (out until ??), Luke "not ready for prime time" Herangody, Avery "deer in the headlights" Bradley, and BBD (the only consistent Sub.  EVERYONE said we needed a back up 3.  If Danny didn't make the moves - you think we'd be complaining about 38 mins/game?  The starters would be playing 43 to 45 mins per game!!!

So, I'm saying you shaded the facts by claiming Danny blew up the team....and not noting that Danny did something to get a couple of capable backups in Green (replaces Quis), Arroyo (Better than Bradley), and Krstic (a backup to Shaq), not to mention some draft choices.  I wish he hadn't traded Semih (he got nothing for that trade), but overall, he kept the top 6 in place other than perk and he brought in better subs.

Am I more clear on my points now? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Its Lack of Caring:
    [QUOTE]The chemistry is gone! Sorry folks, but this team started the year knowing Shaq was a question mark, knowing JO has knee issues and knowing that Perkins was eventually coming back. Early on, with Shaq in the lineup, they played well had chemistry and the game flowed.  It was beautiful!  Then Perk comes back (early might I add) and the team was FIRED UP!!!  They were playing well and adjusting to the old/new rotation, then Danny blew up the team! Sorry folks, that's what happened.  I'm not here to say they look awful because they lost Perkins. They look awful because they turned over almost half of the team after the All-Star break.  Even if the new guys were better from a skill prospective, they are worse in terms of knowing where to be on offense and defense.  Nate Robinson knew the plays and could be a nice backup to Rondo...especially with West hurt.  Someone tell me they'd rather a clueless Arroyo over the knowledgeable Robinson!!  Semih Erdan looked like he was going to turn into a good player and represented a nice 6 fouls coming off the bench.  Troy Murphy has missed more shots than Luke Harrangody got to take during his short stay in Boston.  Murph looks awful and now he's hurt.  If I wanted someone who couldn't shoot from outside, I would have kept Perkins because he can at least play some defense.  It's nice of Danny to lay this on the feet of the 'Big 4' but seriously, did they make the trade?  I don't think so!  So instead of taking our 1st place team into the post-season, Danny decided to blow it up....and for what? I'm honestly still trying to figure this out!  Did he do this just for Jeff Green?  If so that may be the dumbest move since the Boston Celtics traded away one...wait for it....Danny Ainge!  All these people pointing out that Perkins would have walked after the season have no real proof of that.  For all we know there won't be basketball next season!!  If that becomes reality, KG may retire, Shaq may retire, Ray Allen may be gone as well.  When basketball resumes, we don't know what the new CBA will look like.  We may have had the money and the flexibility under the new CBA to lock up Perkins long term.  Now we won't know the answer to that question because the ship has sailed. I start every game since the trade rooting for this team to find it and put it together.  By the end of the game, I'm usually rooting for the cops on Law & Order SVU.  It kills me to say this but they're no longer a real competitive team!  They're a playoff team, not a contender and they were contenders just a few short weeks ago.  If you want to take a team out of first place, just get them to trade away one of their better defenders and then pick up some 'bought out' pieces off the scrap heap. Sorry Danny but true Boston fans are too knowledgeable to be completely comfortable with this newly constructed team!!
    Posted by dino1980[/QUOTE]

I cant address your entire post... Im out of patience for the day but I couldnt let the Nate remark go by unchecked.

Nate was not a good backup for ROndo... I had high hopes for Nate when we signed him.. I stood up for him here when many lamented losing Eddie.. Perhaps if Nate was allowed to play SG he would have flourished but this year he had to be transformed into a starting & backup PG... and it just didnt work out at all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Questions. Is Murphy suppose to look good?  Is Shaq suppose to be the main man in the middle?  I see giving us 12-18 minutes of had play in the middle, followed by Krstic as a change of pace 15-20 minutes, with Murphy and JO filling in the gap. However, if anyone of of these guys gets a little hot their minutes would increase. I don't really see a main man in the middle. I see a bunch of useful players in the middle with a lot of fouls to give.