It's Not Just Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It's Not Just Rondo

Pierce and Ray Allen are playing very well this season. Both are having career highs in shooting the basketball. 

But KG is playing like he has not won a ring. The Celts were down by 2 points late in the 4th qtr. against the Nets, KG got the ball inside the paint, but instead of going up strong for the basket he opted to pass the ball back outside. It resulted in a 3 second violation, another turnover for the Celts. That took the wind out of the Celtics' sails. I mean come on, that's not something a player that has been in the NBA since 1995 would have done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: It's Not Just Rondo

In Response to Re: It's Not Just Rondo:
    [QUOTE]...But doesn't it drive you crazy when Rondo starts playing James Levine...Orchestrating and pointing as the clock goes from 15 to 10 to 5.....then decides, opps...gotta do something.... Point well taken on KG.  He has been having a difficult time finishing in traffic near the basket.  Lobs are fine, but when he gets contested it hasn't been pretty.  Just wondering what the "contested finish" percentage is for KG versus Davis.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

It's a given that Rondo sux right now. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because whether we like it or not the Celts will not win a championship without Rondo.

Hopefully Rondo will snap out of it soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Rondo is likely in a funk and its a bad time as this team needs him to be in a groove. 

Rondo will come out of it but KG come playoff time needs to go into killer mode.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo is likely in a funk and its a bad time as this team needs him to be in a groove.  Rondo will come out of it but KG come playoff time needs to go into killer mode.
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

I agree. KG needs to step up, play like the 7-footer that he is. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

KG will be there and I hope West is there also.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nick_weston. Show nick_weston's posts

IT IS just Rondo, last game 1 of 10, 2 P, 4 TO. Plus, He can't or doesn't want to defend anyone. He's been a one man wracking crew since the trade.
    I wonder why?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Not Just Rondo : It's a given that Rondo sux right now. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because whether we like it or not the Celts will not win a championship without Rondo. Hopefully Rondo will snap out of it soon.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

u mite get killed for that claim. but your 100% RIGHT.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Too bad we couldn't have included Rondo in the deal with Perk because they could have comforted each other in the classic spoon position..  We could have gotten Westbrook back in compensation; I realize the money doesn't match but some configeration could have switched these points and we would have received the more complete PG (who amazingly is never mentioned as a top 5 PG). Now that ship as sailed so bring on the hate..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Tim L. just mentioned Westbrook as # 2 on his top 5; Rondo was in the mix but was in the 2nd tier; as a C'S fan that hurts.. Again let the hate begin..I don't have as much time as Fierce or the others to respond but I've been doing mental pushups to compete..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I saw the play P34 is referring to and he is right.  It killed them in that game. How KG can hit several shots and not get aggressive is a mystery.  In a game when we got so few free throws KG needs to get down low and get to the foul line.

For some reason he just won't do it. Pierce on the other hand hits three or four shots in a row and he can't stop shooting and going to the basket. 

Green by the way needs to be playing more than 24 minutes in a game when these guys are so tired.  What is Doc thinking?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"Pissed that its the dam Pittsburgh Steelers going to the big dance, led by the Predator Rapist."

Dam, 2 weeks later and i am still pissed

posted at 1/26/2011 11:00 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=53f68a53f6a95f02962ca538f6701c66&plckUserId=53f68a53f6a95f02962ca538f6701c66">
    First: 12/27/2010
    Last: 3/16/2011
    Pissed that its the dam Pittsburgh Steelers going to the big dance, led by the Predator Rapist. Pissed to know that even though the Frauds called the NY(next year)Jets won vs the Pats that they weren't really going anywhere pass that. Pissed that we're here on these boards talking about everything else but not really Patriots football going into the Superbowl. Pissed that Belicheck didn't get his men ready to battle those loud mouth talking Frauds given 2 weeks time. Pissed that i am not even hopefull of what the Pats will do in the draft and in free agency, given their history. Pissed that Bill Obrien was allowed to remain as OC for 2 years while we have a QB like Tom Brady. And last but not least, Pissed that their might not be football next season. I cannot stand baseball and I don't know what i'll be watching in the begining of fall.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Just pissed? Can you say sore loser? 

HAHAHA!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Just pissed? Can you say sore loser?  HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Can you spell LIAR? Perk has been traded ... shouldn't you be poster under one of many assumed names other than Fierce or P34 by now?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Not Just Rondo : Can you spell LIAR? Perk has been traded ... shouldn't you be poster under one of many assumed names other than Fierce or P34 by now?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I'm not the one who has no word of honor. You challenged me to a bet, you lost and now you're not honoring your word. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's Not Just Rondo : Can you spell LIAR? Perk has been traded ... shouldn't you be poster under one of many assumed names other than Fierce or P34 by now?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Stop trying to weasel your way out of the hole you yourself dug. Why don't you just say that you will not honor our bet because you have no honor. It's embarrassing, really.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to It's Not Just Rondo:
    [QUOTE]Pierce and Ray Allen are playing very well this season. Both are having career highs in shooting the basketball.  But KG is playing like he has not won a ring. The Celts were down by 2 points late in the 4th qtr. against the Nets, KG got the ball inside the paint, but instead of going up strong for the basket he opted to pass the ball back outside. It resulted in a 3 second violation, another turnover for the Celts. That took the wind out of the Celtics' sails. I mean come on, that's not something a player that has been in the NBA since 1995 would have done.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

there is absolutely no comparison between KG being in a stretch of shooting too many jumpers and rondo's miserable malaise.  KG is sharp as a tack in every other facet of the game and rondo is duller than a john kerry campaign speech in EVERY FACET of the game- defense, driving the ball, avoidane of free throws, horrible jump shot mechanics = an obvious lack of intensity.  if you are playing a little bit injured that doesn't mean that you need to / should play like rondo is with extremely limited effort and zero intensity.

You are comparing apples to numbskulls