It's Not Rondo - It's the Trade.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

It's Not Rondo - It's the Trade.

If you guys want to blame the loss last night on anything in particular, blame it on the trade and our offseason moves, or lack thereof.

What used to make this team so special was their effort and ability to carve out wins at the end of tight games with clutch plays, specifically effort plays. Those plays where Tony Allen would go sprawling on the ground for a loose ball. Or that extra offensive rebound - those effort plays that only a few guys can make.

Nate Robinson and Tony Allen were two guys that were capable of doing those things and they're now gone. The only guy remaining that has the uncanny knack for making those plays is Rondo.

Krstic doesn't. Garnett can, and occasionally does, but not often. Pierce has a good knack for doing so. Allen is pretty good, but is about the same as Garnett. Makes some plays, but not as good as Rondo, or even Pierce.

Ultimately, we lost some special players. I still think we'll be fine by playoff time, but this team will have to re-discover their identity.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Re: It's Not Rondo - It's the Trade.

Tony Allen - glad that Trick or Treat is gone. Undependable, injury prone, low basketball IQ.

Nate Robinson - loved his energy, hated his inconsistency.

Nenad Krstic - huge get, love his game. He'll be even better once he gets in with the bench guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i miss tony allens pure energy..not a great offensive player, but you knew he was gunna bring it, and he was also a good running mate with rondo in the open court.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: It's Not Rondo - It's the Trade.:
    [QUOTE]i miss tony allens pure energy..not a great offensive player, but you knew he was gunna bring it, and he was also a good running mate with rondo in the open court.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

from what i've seen, jeff green has pure energy and has run his butt off down the floor but nobody else on the team is anywhere near him to give him a pass.  i don't understand that.  both delonte and rondo are plenty fast enough to run with green, but green is running by himself most of the time.

does anyone have any idea why green is getting so little run time and doc is insisting on running the pants off the vets?  same thing with delonte.  40 minutes last night for rondo.  around 15 for delonte.  maybe 20.  should be more so rondo can play less.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Kristic was playing scared and soft against the likes of Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph.

Not exactly formidable playoff heroes.